Past, Present and Future

Kellicopter

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow! I loved this chapter. So well written! :P I can understand Mason being reluctant. Talking to Raffy might reopen old wounds. They've spent a long time not talking about it, and it must have been very traumatic for them to have to run for their lives repeatedly (understatement of the year!) He was only a kid, and he not only lost his parents to very violent crime, but everything and everyone he'd ever known. He's probably carrying around a lot of hurt. Much as I don't like Mason, I do think he's been through a lot. (Maybe I should cut him some slack?! :lol:)

I'm sure Mason would just blurt all family's secrets out anyways but yes he should check with Justin first :lol: I can't wait to hear Buddy's interview :lol:

Totally off topic now from your story but I read in the Palm Beach thread that you have a aupair job whats that is it a kind of job in care? Good luck with it

12 minutes ago, pembie said:

I'm sure Mason would just blurt all family's secrets out anyways but yes he should check with Justin first :lol: I can't wait to hear Buddy's interview :lol:

Totally off topic now from your story but I read in the Palm Beach thread that you have a aupair job whats that is it a kind of job in care? Good luck with it

OMG I didn't even think of interviewing Buddy...:lol:

It's like a nanny but paid less...More like a cultural exchange. You move in with a family and look after their children (normally in another country!). :) 

2 minutes ago, Kellicopter said:

I'd love it if Raffy included an interview from the dog's perspective, just for a laugh! :lol: What he thought of this weird jumpy nervous family when he first met them....

14 minutes ago, Kellicopter said:

It's like a nanny but paid less...More like a cultural exchange. You move in with a family and look after their children (normally in another country!). :) 

Your job sounds fun

11 minutes ago, Ludub said:

I'd love it if Raffy included an interview from the dog's perspective, just for a laugh! :lol: What he thought of this weird jumpy nervous family when he first met them....

Ah you see good job I'm here suppling the silly ideas :lol:

It's been a quiet weekend on the forum. I've had a whole weekend away and there's not too much to update myself on. 

Hope everybody else had a lovely one, some good weather and relaxing times where ever you are in the world. :)

Chapter 6

Justin was at the garage, waiting for Ash to turn up. He'd already changed the alternator on one car and was now replacing some break pads. They had a few jobs left to do, but with both of them there, they could get finished earlier and maybe grab a drink after work.

His phone went off. He wiped his greasy hands on the cloth next to him and walked over to his phone on top of the tool box. It was a text from Scarlett.

Coming home early, be back by about 7. Want to catch up over dinner?” Confused, he replied to her, “Is everything okay? Up for dinner. Salt? Text me when you're close” Things had been a bit confusing for Justin and Scarlett over the last few months. He'd never been really close to a female since Phoebe. But this was different. Scarlett had other things to care about than herself. It wasn't a romantic connection, it was a purely platonic friendship, one which he valued a lot. She'd had a hard time recently and he'd been there for her, he was still being there for her. She was coming back from Adelaide tonight, things had been tense with her mother for months, but it was time she put that aside to spend time with her son, Max.

Ash walked into the garage and greeted Justin. “Alright mate. Where we at?”

“Tyres need changing on the Ford, vehicle inspection needs doing on the Toyota and new bulbs needed in the Suzuki.” Justin loved barking out orders, it was part of the fun of being a business owner. Ash picked up what he needed and got straight to work.

“Hey, you'll never guess what?” Ash asked as he moved the first car into position. “Luc started walking this morning, she took her first steps!” the grin on his face couldn't have been wiped off if you tried.

“That's great news mate” Justin answered, “you must have been so glad you were there to see it.” He remembered seeing Ava walk for the first time. It wasn't her first steps but to him it meant the world. She really did grow up too fast while he was hiding. “What day does VJ start? Who's having her then?” he questioned. He hadn't really been in on the VJ apprenticeship plan, he'd just given Ash the idea and then was told it was happening.

“He's going to start on Wednesday, mate. It was the first day that Leah and Irene hadn't both already rostered themselves on in the diner.” Justin thought of all the other people that could look after Luc, but realised that it's their decision. “Anything new going on with you?” Ash asked Justin as he took bulbs out of a box.

“Nah mate, not really.” Justin sighed, “going to catch up with Scarlett tonight.”

“Oh she's back is she? How long has she been gone” Ash replied.

“Just a few weeks. Had a lot on her mind, but I'm excited to have her back, and I'm sure Alf will be too.” Justin smiled at the thought of dinner with her tonight. They'd not stayed in touch much since she left, and he was hopeful to hear of a joyous reunion like what he'd experienced with Ava (except the arm breaking and angry step-parents).

“Aye, mate. You sure there's no other agenda with you two?” Ash gave him a wink and laughed.

“No. She's a good girl. That's all I'm going to say.” Justin hadn't even really considered anything more since she shot him down months previously. She was his friend, and he liked it that way.

As the pair were laughing, a car pulled up outside the garage. A woman got out of the car. She was pale, with long sandy coloured hair, legs that went on for days and an electric blue dress that came to her knees and laced up in the front. Her heels clip-clopped as she walked towards the guys.

“Can I help you?” Justin asked, expressing friendliness while his eyes nearly fell out of his head. She looked a bit lost, but pleased at the friendly face that greeted her.

“A light has come on on my dashboard,” she explained. “I've tried to google what it means but I have no idea. I was hoping you guys could help.” Justin grabbed his cloth, wiped his hands and walked towards her. She looked at Ash, he caught her eye and looked away, continuing with the job he was working on.

Ah, it's your check engine light.” Justin claimed. She nodded as if she knew what he was talking about. “I'll sort it out for you, there's a coffee machine inside if you want to go and help yourself to a drink.” Justin got to work. He needed to remove the electricity cables and drain the left over battery juice by beeping her horn. She jumped. He then had to leave the car for a few minutes before reattaching cables, so went over to her by the coffee machine.

“Justin Morgan” he introduced himself, putting out his hand for her to shake. She took it and smiled. “Louisa” she said back, shaking his hand while looking into his eyes and smiling.

Haha not going to lie with the problem being its your check engine light I thought we were going to be having a crossover with Penny from the Big Bang Theory:lol:

Love triangle coming up for Justin by the sounds of it though The lucky man haha

24 minutes ago, pembie said:

Haha not going to lie with the problem being its your check engine light I thought we were going to be having a crossover with Penny from the Big Bang Theory:lol:

LOL! I was just trying to think of the simplest thing that a woman would have no clue about. I mean I had to google what to do to fix it, but my step dad's a mechanic so has always done everything for me so I feel like that makes it okay :lol:

Archived