Past, Present and Future

Kellicopter

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you lovely people! Glad you're all enjoying the friendship there. It's difficult to write something completely from scratch....But there's more of that to come.
I wrote a chapter last night which I just wasn't feeling. It's so sad when you write something and then just highlight it and delete it. But what has to be done will be done!

Chapter 4

Ash had woken up in his bed, to the sound of Luc chatting away to herself. He rolled over to face the other side of the bed and smiled. Everything in life was perfect. His flat was full, as was his heart. He looked at Tori, still asleep next to him, put his arm around her and kissed her cheek. She smiled before she opened her eyes. Seeing Ash in the morning was a sight she could get used to. She rolled into him, his arms wrapping around her, and kissed his nose. “Good morning” she whispered, as she smiled. Luc stood up in her cot, holding on to the rails and started bouncing. She was getting too big for Ash's liking. He missed Billie every day and couldn't get over how much of her was in her daughter. He unwrapped his arms from Tori and jumped out of bed. He smiled at Luc while talking to her as he put on some clothes. He lifted her up and kissed her on the forehead. “Where's daddy?” he asked her. He gave Tori a smile and said “we'll give you a minute”.

He took Luc out into the living area of the flat, where VJ was sat with his bowl of cereal on the sofa. “Morning bubba!” he says to her when he sees her. Ash pops her down on the floor and heads to the bathroom. VJ puts his bowl in the sink and goes towards Luc on the floor. This wasn't exactly the situation he had in mind when he pictured raising his daughter. But Ash needed a housemate, and Luc needed her family to be getting on. Since Tori had operated on Luc, she'd been so much more content, and easier to live with. And with him starting his job at the garage soon, he knew they were providing the best life possible for her. The juice bar was great, but it wasn't exactly a career.

Tori came out of the bedroom, “morning Veej” she said as she put the kettle on. “Tea? Coffee?” VJ smiled, with Luc's hands in his.

“No thanks.” he said. She took her hot cup and sat on the chair behind them. “She's doing well isn't she?” VJ grins like a proud parent should.

“She's doing fantastic, you're both doing a great job working together for her sake”. Tori replied. She knew asking VJ if he wanted to move in was a big step for Ash. It hadn't exactly been smooth sailing for the both of them. But you could tell that now, both of them saw what was the best for Luc. “You excited to start work?” She asked him.

“Yeah, definitely. Finally out of school.” VJ had given up the idea of completing his HSC and decided an apprenticeship had better opportunities for him. “And it'll be good for mum and Irene too. They're going to alternate days with Luc while me and Ash are working.”

That sounds great. Everybody's winning!” Tori had been aware of all the drama involving Luc since her birth, and she was glad things had finally settled down for them all.

Ash came out of the bathroom and asked his girlfriend what time she started work. “oh not for a couple of hours yet” she replied.

“Great, want to grab breakfast at the diner?” Tori giggled like a school girl as it came out of Ash's mouth. She loved having someone special.

“Yeah sure,” she said. “Let me just grab a shower and my stuff out of your room.”

As Tori was in the shower, both Ash and VJ sat on the floor either side of Luc. She'd began crawling a few months ago, and learnt how to pull herself up onto her feet with the aid of something at the right height. VJ and Ash chatted with each other about nothing really interesting, while watching Luc as she kept finding her feet. Out of the blue she let go of the coffee table and took a step. Both VJ and Ash reached for their phones. VJ used his to text his mum “IF YOU ARE AT WORK COME UPSTAIRS NOW!” while Ash put his on camera mode. Ash called her towards him and she kept moving. This was it. She was finally walking. She'd been a bit delayed, probably due to being so sick a few months ago. VJ beckoned Luc towards him, and she obliged. Leah came barging through the front door, frantic, thinking something was wrong. VJ had a grin ear to ear, and called his mum over to watch what they were witnessing. Tori jumped out of the bathroom after hearing the front door and walked over to Ash and saw Luc walking.

“Oh my God.” Leah sighed happily. “Guys, this is amazing. Thankyou.” You could see happy tears forming in the corners of her eyes. The group sat around on the floor waiting for Luc to fall, and all she did was jump in laps for cuddles with her onlookers, giggling before getting up to go to the next person. Ash turned to Tori and kissed her cheek. She smiled at him and took his hand. She assumed breakfast was off the cards now, but she was totally okay with that.

Gnaaaaaw! How lovely is this chapter?! :wub: I'm seriously behind with the show at the moment so I actually don't know what's happening with the whole custody battle but this seems like the ideal solution!!! Everyone working together to build a happy stable home life for Luc! :D When Ash said "where's daddy?" I had a gut reaction where I was like 'what?!! Has Ash adopted Luc?!' and I was momentarily angry that VJ had been cut out. I realised how important it is to me that VJ gets to be the dad. Working in the garage seems a really sensible option too. Love love love it! Also, Ash and Tori were very sweet in this.  Looking forward to the next chapter! x

Thanks again for your kind words. I've fallen a couple of days behind but you'll all be pleased to know I have a job!! I'm moving to about 20 mins away from Palmy :wink: to look after a couple of little girls. Yay!

Chapter 5 Meanwhile

“RAFFY HURRY UP WE NEED TO LEAVE!” Mason was getting impatient waiting for his sister and her friend. They'd stayed up late in the lounge watching movies and giggling to themselves. He remembers being fourteen, and he doesn't remember his older siblings being that lenient with him. Raffy and Coco came out of the bedroom at the same time, with Buddy behind them and looked at Mason. He looked quite agitated but that's probably only because he was going to be late for a university lecture if these girls didn't get to school on time. “Are we ready?” He asked picking up the car keys.

“Yeah, totally ready.” Coco said. Mason wasn't convinced, looking her up and down, as she was still in the clothes she arrived in yesterday. “Oh, don't worry about that. My mum's got my uniform.” She followed Mason out the door, while Raffy ran to the fridge to get the lunch Brody had made for her earlier that morning. The great thing about having a brother that's a chef, good food. Especially on the weekends.

In the car Raffy asked “Mas, do you know when you're working over my school holidays yet?” he looked in the mirror to see her on her phone.

“No not yet, why?” He had to keep his eyes on the road, but he was curious to why she was asking.

“No reason really. Just want to make sure we set a date for me to interview you for English.” Mason shook his head. He'd hoped she'd forgotten about that deal that she made with Justin. He didn't really want to talk about his time in witness protection, with his half-sister or anyone for that matter.

“What exactly is in it for me?” He asked Raffy. She leaned forward and touched his hair.

“I'll work all holidays and leave you alone! You won't have to be my personal taxi driver at all.” She laughed, but being deadly serious. “And Justin said you would.” Mason rolled his eyes and tutted. Why was his older brother always making promises for everyone else to keep? How exactly was this fair? He needed to ask Justin how open they were going to be with these interviews. He didn't know how much he was allowed to talk about, even now, being one year out of hiding.

Raffy and Coco made it to school with enough time for Coco to find her mum and get changed into her uniform. They met up again before Maths started. Sitting next to each other so Raffy could help Coco with what she doesn't understand. Raffy was great at Maths, but nothing could contain her excitement for today's English lesson, she couldn't wait to tell Miss Johnson about her idea for her holiday project. A whole story about a family in witness protection, her family....Although she was sure she was leaving that part out.

Archived