Louise Bowes Returns as Script Executive

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not interested in the current show as I find it boring. The storylines are not interesting and don't hook me in. Unlike Neighbours who I find has been very strong this year with the Dee storyline etc. It has made me want to watch. Home and Away really needs to go back to basics and not be afraid to take risks. The Golden Era of the show had a cliffhanger every night and the characters were interesting and the viewers could relate to them. The characters now are not and I don't really care about them. They pretty much are getting into fights or sleeping with someone. It's boring. There is bearly any cliffhangers so I don't have the urge to watch the next episode. It seems like the writers have no idea where to move the show so its become very stale. Emmerdale has really strong writers and the writers at Home and Away need to look at what they are doing and take notes.

40 minutes ago, greg098 said:

I am not interested in the current show as I find it boring. The storylines are not interesting and don't hook me in. Unlike Neighbours who I find has been very strong this year with the Dee storyline etc. It has made me want to watch. Home and Away really needs to go back to basics and not be afraid to take risks. The Golden Era of the show had a cliffhanger every night and the characters were interesting and the viewers could relate to them. The characters now are not and I don't really care about them. They pretty much are getting into fights or sleeping with someone. It's boring. There is bearly any cliffhangers so I don't have the urge to watch the next episode. It seems like the writers have no idea where to move the show so its become very stale. Emmerdale has really strong writers and the writers at Home and Away need to look at what they are doing and take notes.

I agree with you Greg. I feel the same the fan fic that I had in mind is being done right now with the new arrivals yet I feel the show is so much changed at least Neighbours which is not perfect at least makes it fans happy by bring back people!

H&A is pretty much not even a continuation of the old series as apart from Alf it is so different. It has virtually morphed into a separate show. Same title and Ray Meagher as a actor in it, like a spin off. Neighbours is still a continuation of the old series despite the various retcons, which I can try and find a way round if I think hard enough.

H&A is just Blue Heelers and All Saints rolled into one. Police and medical drama.

2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

H&A is pretty much not even a continuation of the old series as apart from Alf it is so different. It has virtually morphed into a separate show. Same title and Ray Meagher as a actor in it, like a spin off. Neighbours is still a continuation of the old series despite the various retcons, which I can try and find a way round if I think hard enough.

H&A is just Blue Heelers and All Saints rolled into one. Police and medical drama.

Yes a waste saying bring them back there are! and Ramsey Street going the same way. H&A Fan Neighbours get away because they never changed as much as Summer bay and never lost as many people as long as they can keep the Kennedys its helps them.

As an example Im  pleased Summer bay has female cops yet Kat no Lisa McCune Maggie!

2 hours ago, dee123 said:

Recycling trash is good for the environment. Not in this case however.

Not a fan of All Saints or Blue Heelers then? Both shows should have been called Neighbours Overspill (Blue Heelers) and H&A Overspill (All Saints) as their cast members had all been in Neighbours and H&A before and after their runs.

Louise Bowes once worked for All Saints and Blue Hellers.

7 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Not a fan of All Saints or Blue Heelers then? Both shows should have been called Neighbours Overspill (Blue Heelers) and H&A Overspill (All Saints) as their cast members had all been in Neighbours and H&A before and after their runs.

I always hated Blue Heelers. One of the most overrated shows in Aussie history. All Saints was fine, i guess.

32 minutes ago, dee123 said:

I always hated Blue Heelers. One of the most overrated shows in Aussie history. All Saints was fine, i guess.

It had its good and bad episodes like many shows. I did get a cast photo from CH 7 once which was nice. and my sources knew one of the cast. AS for All saints It was OK yet I never got into it like the Flying Doctors.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

The Australian director pool is just as Incestuous as the Canadian voice acting one... Me being a huge IMDB nerd, I realise this when I conduct searches and think "Jesus, He/She has worked on EVERYTHING!":D

I've lost count of the times I've seen Boaz Stark, Ysabelle Dean, etc pop up on other things.

Archived