When did you begin watching H&A and what changed you from becoming a casual to full-time viewer?

CaptainTed84

I first started watching around the time Rory Heywood was killed by the shark when I was about 8 or 9 years old.I fell in love with the show and it was a big part of my life until 1999.Then I was devastated when it moved to channel 5 because I couldn't get it.Fast forward 11 years to 2010 and I was able to watch it again.Of course I didn't recognise the show because there was no opening credits and most of the characters I knew were gone.I watched until late last year when I finally gave up.For me there is just too much violence and sex and I don't enjoy it anymore.But I'll always have the fondest memories of enjoying the show during the 90's.

I watched a few episodes here and there between 1999-2000, but it didn't grab me in the same way Neighbours did back then.

I decided to give it a go in 2007 when Neighbours moved to C5 in the UK, as H&A was (and still is) broadcast immediately afterwards. It took a few weeks to get into, but the second part of the 2007 season and the majority of 2008 were so good that I was hooked! A lot of people generally seemed to dislike the 2009/2010 seasons, but I thought it was great, and was really into the show during these years. The first 6-7 months of 2011 were IMO excellent, but the show quickly turned a nasty corner in the latter part of that season.

I eventually gave up on the show in mid-2012 when it had fully morphed into the Braxton show. I gave it another go when they promised us they were going back to basics in early 2013, but the storytelling was still all over the place. 2014 was probably the worst season of the show I have experienced, and with it hardly recognisable as H&A, I stopped watching a few months short of the Finale.

I started watching again in mid-2015 when it was announced that Dan Bennett was returning to head up the script department. The show seemed to be back on form during this time, but was followed up with an unbelievably mediocre 2016 season. I tuned in again for a few weeks this year when it was announced that Roo (and Home and Away) would finally be getting an interesting storyline. However, without spoiling it for those at UK pace I wasn't impressed, and have chosen not to watch the show... again.

I will tune in around the 30th anniversary and Episode 7000 to see how they celebrate, and to find out what state the show is in. If it's any good I'll start watching again.

• 2 weeks later...

My mum and older siblings started watching from the very start (two years before I was born) so it a show always been on every night why I was growing up matter fact my middle name is Craig after Craig  mclachlan .

Did diana fraser ever have minor car crash why she was drunk maybe?  Think was her or maybe making things up but by memory think that may been first episode paid attention to.

Remember other things very vagly like was Gypsy ever held hostage?  And did Ducan ever had bad injury as a kid why following the older kids? not sure if any that happen or where it fits into timeline.

Other things remember more clearly like Alisa car crash and she almost died but when turn off life support she lived but became very nasty and when Nick first came into it and his crazy mum went after Irene Nick saved her. Ducan making bombs and Marylin giving birth to Byron.

Not sure what year any those things happen but watch very regular viewer up to around time Kit had her baby and Beth died.

Than think started watching around time Rachel had her baby and Belle was dying up to when Heath and April hooking up and Bianca was pregnant than stop till opening of 2016 

Archived