Which teens would you have like to seen as long-term adult characters?

adam436

Most teen characters seem to leave a year or so after finishing school, but I am just wondering which teen characters would you have liked to stayed for long and what the writers could have done with them? 

From what I can remember, we only had Bobby, Hayley, Sally and through second stints, Steven and Kirsty stick around for a significant time into adulthood. 

• Matt and Evie: we don't really have many likable young couples who get married and then stick around for ages post-wedding. I like both Matt and Evie, but I feel like the wedding would have happened (and perhaps them not even get together!) unless they were leaving. 
  • Jett: I was hoping he'd be the next Sally, or at least Sam. 
  • Peta and Edward: Edward is one of my favourite characters ever and I feel like him succumbing to Huntington's Disease and Peta coping with that could have been an amazing slowburn storyline told over a few years. 
  • Joey Rainbow: just because I liked him, I don't know what direction they could have taken him.

I was annoyed that Romeo and Indi as a young married couple didn't stay on the show. I can't recall the show ever dealing with the struggles of a young couple struggling with all the normal pressures of life for any extended length of time.  I guess that's not possible these days because the bright lights of Hollywood beckon and all the younger cast seem to leave try their luck. 

Matt definitely. One of the all-time greatest characters on the show

Lucas Holden- Don't remember him all that well but his character from my knowledge became irrelevant for his last 6 or so months and then had a departure so quiet that he wasn't even last seen leaving the bay, instead waiting for a bus. Would have been interesting to see how he would have reacted to Jack's death and seeing him interact with his extended family when they eventually arrived

Matilda Hunter- Crazily enough, throughout her 4 1/2 years on the show, she was a school student the entire time. Would have loved to have seen her as a young adult who is not in a school uniform in every episode

Jett- Definitely would have loved to have seen him interact with Hunter and Olivia who joined shortly after he left, would have made a pretty cool teen group in my opinion

Oscar Macguire- I was never really a massive fan of him but it would have been nice to see him more as an adult and maybe have a more positive departure

3 hours ago, joany208121 said:

Casey Braxton could have gone a long way after his family. 

The thing with Casey is that because he kept on leaving and going back to school and then eventually doing his HSC a different way, I feel like we saw him mostly as a young adult. However you are right, if he didn't die and the rest of his family left him on his own then he could have definitely gone a long way. He seemed to be a very social character compared to Brax and Kyle

22 hours ago, adam436 said:
  • Jett: I was hoping he'd be the next Sally, or at least Sam. 

Jett is one of the reasons why I am a full-on viewer of the show. When he joined it was back when I was more of a casual viewer but it started to change a bit because I would start to watch his episodes only and it was devestating when he left because of that since he is one of the reasons why I chose to watch, however fortunately I grew on most of the cast by then so I was able to get over his departure and continue watching

Matt, and by association Evie, because it would have been interesting to see them stay in the Bay as a married couple, and with the added dynamic of Ellie as well.

Jett - He's a character that's grown so much and I'd love it if he'd stuck around.

Archived