Congratulations to Debra Lawrence (Pippa Ross) for winning a Logie!

Inactive.User

News Just In: Debra Lawrence who played Pippa Ross on Home and Away from 1990-1998 has won a Silver Logie award.

Debra Lawrence has just won a Silver Logie for Most outstanding supporting Actress for her role in Please Like Me. I am watching now at home in South Australia, she went head to head with Nicole da Silva who plays Franky on Wentworth. This is a big achievement as she has never won a Logie before, just to let everyone in the UK and overseas know, the TV Week Logie awards are Australia's most prestigious TV awards and only one out of two awards. There are Silver and Gold, there are 2 gold, one for the all round winner who is one of the most successful personalities. And one for the person or show that is inducted into the hall of fame, They are named after John Logie Baird.

Yet Again I congratulate Debra Lawrence on her Logies win!

Im so happy for her. I loved PLEASE LIKE ME and her work in the last season and her character storyline touched me. As someone who suffers mental illiness I can relate to what she was going though.

She deserved the win. what a touching episode to watch her final appearance NO Spolier here.

27 minutes ago, samdanfan said:

Im so happy for her. I loved PLEASE LIKE ME and her work in the last season and her character storyline touched me. As someone who suffers mental illiness I can relate to what she was going though.

She deserved the win. what a touching episode to watch her final appearance NO Spolier here.

She did deserve it.

I am stoked to see Deb Lawrance score this recognition. She's been a quality actor for a long period of time, she trained and now she works to help others improve.

I also back the work she does with the Barbandos Foundation - Helping parents improve their relationships with their young babies as they grow and settle into their new role as a parent.

Congrats Deb, Well Done!

A Great Achievement! #very worthy

I think sometimes people get recognised a little sooner and they find it difficult knowing how to handle their changing circumstances.

It's good to wait awhile, I think.

Roger Corser was also given a shout out and he has worked on H*A  as a guest before and he has had a very long career and body of work to show what he has done throughout the years.

Danni looks happy and well with Kylie and Craig McL got nominated as well.

So H*A is chugging along pretty well for a show that has been reflecting the Australian culture and society for 30 years now.

Archived