Worst character returns

project90

A few that come to mind

Chloe, they brought her back just to kill her

Will and Gypsy, they brought them back broken up and made Will a killer and Gypsy a pain in the back side

Kane and Kirsty, the same thing. After everything they brought them back to break them up and I hated Kirsty and Miles together

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/04/2017 at 7:23 AM, joany208121 said:

Don in 2007 and Celia's last return

Totally. Wrecking Don's marriage, making him penniless, and giving Marilyn off-screen cancer just to bring Don back? There was absolutely no need for any of that, he could plausibly have returned without that and they could still have done interesting things with him.

I appreciated the continuity with Celia's engagement ring. But giving it to Heath - a thug - and Celia actually comparing him to her war hero fiance Les whom she held on the highest of pedastals? Because they are both "fighters"? That was a ****ing stretch.

It makes me think the current show shouldn't even try with continuity. Cos they kind of get the right sort of idea in a round-about skewed way... but then they end up completely ruining it in the end.

Will And Gypsy is another one.

On 12.4.2017 at 4:27 PM, CaptainTed84 said:

Will definitely was one of the worst as they literally brought him back to have his long-term marriage end and accidentally murder someone who he barely knew

Yep, no return can beat that in the negative way. Just horrible. Break up Gypsy and Will was one thing, and divorce is sometimes the best for both parts and Will and Gypsy got together when they were really young. But make Will a murderer??!!!! :angry2: He was a nice guy....

It would have been better to make Daria kill Penn... or just put him in jail. 

2 minutes ago, jodlebirger said:

Yep, no return can beat that in the negative way. Just horrible. Break up Gypsy and Will was one thing, and divorce is sometimes the best for both parts and Will and Gypsy got together when they were really young. But make Will a murderer??!!!! :angry2: He was a nice guy....

It would have been better to make Daria kill Penn... or just put him in jail. 

Maybe they wanted to avoid the usal H&A cliche of having a guest-character nobody cares about do it, so they thought an ex-main character who people cared about would be more of a shock. But again, like I said about... kind of a good idea, but they do it completely wrong. That was around the time I really started to lose interest in the show because  the writing was so poor and negative. A few months later I stopped watching altogether and have only dipped on rare occasions since.

Defo agree with your first too but I feel Kirsty and Kane needed to be tied up. Although it was romantic at first they couldn't live on that alone and their son needed stability. I liked how Kirsty grew up so much and connnected back with her family. Something I think wouldn't have happened if she was with Kane. But I also wasn't keen on the Kirsty and miles pairing. Didn't seem to gell for me. Miles should have stayed with Jazz. Would have made things more interesting. 

Think the worst return of all was Dons. He had a beautiful last episode that now seems tainted by them making everything go wrong for him for a pointless few months. 

26 minutes ago, beau_t said:

Maybe they wanted to avoid the usal H&A cliche of having a guest-character nobody cares about do it, so they thought an ex-main character who people cared about would be more of a shock. But again, like I said about... kind of a good idea, but they do it completely wrong. That was around the time I really started to lose interest in the show because  the writing was so poor and negative. A few months later I stopped watching altogether and have only dipped on rare occasions since.

And of course he was willing for Alf to take the blame for it too. And Irene and Alf really needed to have a conversation when the truth came out with her eating humble pie. But then the history between Alf and Irene seems lost. The barely talk to each other now. 

Also the story has not been mentioned since. Does Irene ever visit Will in the clink? 

And why was gypsys chatacter development all dropped. She came back like she was late 99, early 2000! 

2 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

And Irene and Alf really needed to have a conversation when the truth came out with her eating humble pie.

Irene and Alf's relationship could have been the best part of that story. They could have made it so good if they had focused on that angle. But why would they? They don't see Alf and Irene as characters with potential for story. They are supporters. It wouldn't occur to them that the effect on Alf and Irene's friendship would actually be the most important thing in all of it.

Archived