Kate Ritchie discusses possible return to Home and Away: 'I'm not sure we fit together anymore'

JamesC10

I was reading Kate's interview in Digital Spy but she believes Sally coming back to Home And Away wouldn't work out and she doesn't believe she has a place in the show anymore.

Do you agree with her comments?

Personally I don't agree with her because Sally still has connections in Summer Bay, e.g.: Alf, Marilyn, Leah, Roo to name a few and she was the principal of Summer Bay High. She was in the show for 20 years and she's a fan favourite. Her 2013 return was a huge success but I wish we know more about Pippa's illness.

Source: 

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a825519/kate-ritchie-discusses-possible-return-to-home-and-away/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JamesC10 said:

I was reading Kate's interview in Digital Spy but she believes Sally coming back to Home And Away wouldn't work out and she doesn't believe she has a place in the show anymore.

Do you agree with her comments?

Personally I don't agree with her because Sally still has connections in Summer Bay, e.g.: Alf, Marilyn, Leah, Roo to name a few and she was the principal of Summer Bay High. She was in the show for 20 years and she's a fan favourite. Her 2013 return was a huge success but I wish we know more about Pippa's illness.

Source: 

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a825519/kate-ritchie-discusses-possible-return-to-home-and-away/

In a way I do, I think it's mainly because since she left Roo and Marilyn have come back, and John as well has been there a while

I would be surpised if we didn't see Sally appear for the 30th anniversary, and certainly as long as Alf, Marilyn etc. are around, she would easily fit back in. Perhaps she means that she couldn't see a long term role for Sally, given that the series has changed a lot since she originally left.

I disagree with that. ANY past actor would be welcomed back. I Think Gerard right she might mean she does not want t work for a long time maybe just a few

episodes?

Someone I knew talked to her and like all Icons she has the ability to decide to work when she wants.

I think Kate's comments might have been taken out of context. It sounds like she's talking about the idea of making a long-term return, and that it wouldn't work for Sally to return full-time.

I would be very surprised if she hasn't already been approached to return for the 30th, and I would be shocked if Kate didn't agree to return for a few special episodes. She has clearly made the decision to move on from H&A.

1 minute ago, dee123 said:

How sad. Isn't that kind of along the lines of what Debra Lawrence said too?

Among many others. I like for people to be honest. Its hard to read "never say never" knowing people are NOT coming back. Like I told others that PR from shows. very few actors are going to say how they really feel and upset fans.

Archived