Iconic teen couples?

adam436

Which teen couples do you think define Home and Away?

I guess the definition I am thinking of here is that they are still highly regarded years later, rather than simply getting a happy ending (if that makes sense).

I find the writers don't really seem to "ship" that many teen couples and the characters seem to partner swap quite frequently (e.g. the 1994-1997, 2000-2003 and 2013-2016 groups). For example, in my opinion, there is no "defining" couple in most of the teen groups in the same way that, for example, Billy and Anne defined late 90s Neighbours.

I didn't really watch Home and Away in 2005-2014ish, but the only couples that spring to mind for me are Shane and Angel and perhaps Kirsty and Kane. I feel with the latter though, it was more the controversy that made them memorable rather than the pairing themselves. I wouldn't even count Will and Gypsy really, given how they ended up and the fact that they spent almost as much time apart as they did as a couple.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me personally it was Kirsty and Kane.  I think the fact that despite raping Kirsty's sister a significant number of people were still behind them shows how iconic they were during their time IMO. Although I accept that because of the shows reluctance to use the word 'rape' some of the younger viewers didn't know what happened although I'm not sure that would have made much difference TBH. Shane and Angel also.  I was a big fan of them back during the day and thought they were a great couple from what I can remember.  I would also include Aden and Belle purely on how they were received on this forum.

Archived