Could Neville and Floss have stayed as long term guest instead of getting rid of them completely?.

j.laur5

As much as I love Neville and Floss and thought they were  great comedy duo and they were like grandparents to Fletcher Children.

But I can understand form PTB point of view why they decided to cut them lose   as they were actors who were payed lot but not used enough for  there moneys worth.

So I think what they should of kept them but  just removed them  as main characters and just kept them as recurring and  have  them still live in Caravan Park and they still could show them  as often as they  were needed and there be times we see them regularly and other times we don't see them for weeks on end.

Its interesting to think even though PTB might not of felt much use form them but however Pippa would  think it was useful having   Neville and Floss around as they were always helping  Pippa and Tom with kids/ house/caravan and I reckon they were times when Pippa said to herself I really could do with Floss and Neville help right now and I think Neville and Floss would had been good help to Pippa after Tom dead and Floss again would be good help to Pippa after Michael death as Neville would be killed off by that point due to Frank Loylld passing.

After if  Frank Loylld  left in due course as he sadly dead in 1995 and therefore he probably would stop recurring around 1994 and killed  Neville off and then make Floss back to being regular again as I think Floss would work better with being regular without Neville as regular.

Just now, Blaxland 89 said:

Wasn't there a huge rumour that floss was returning permantly around 2008? 

Yes!

And it turned out that to be two episodes she was back for!.

Also I remember reading in 2008  that Lyn Collingwood was suppose be leaving in 2008 to work on Project with Kate Richie and Colleen stayed four more years.

13 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

I think I would have preferred Floss over Colleen.

I was just thinking the same thing! There isn't much (other than Lance's appearances) that Colleen did storyline-wise that Floss couldn't have done!

I guess they could have reappeared sporadically like Morag has in recent years and return for funerals, weddings etc.

10 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I was just thinking the same thing! There isn't much (other than Lance's appearances) that Colleen did storyline-wise that Floss couldn't have done!

I guess they could have reappeared sporadically like Morag has in recent years and return for funerals, weddings etc.

But don't think Floss would get in into same comedy moments like Colleen did as Floss was more smart then Colleen  and Floss was never busy-body like Colleen and Celia.