Mentions of H&A in other TV shows.

Homeandawayfan.

One of my fave ones is where Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses says to Rodney "Its alright for some little dipstick to jolly it up down the pub then crawl out of bed when he hears the theme tune to Home And Away". From a 1991 episode. Back when H&A was huge in the UK.

On the ITV Show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire a question came up about H&A and where it was set. The person in the hot seat said it is quality and Chris Tarrant said "Yeah right".

Did EastEnders once mention H&A, I have watched for years but cannot remember exactly.

Any other mentions of our beachside show in other TV shows?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On a TV show Nick Knowles asked "Ray Meagher played Harold Bishop in Home And Away" True or false? The answer was false obviously Nick then said "He played Alf Roberts in Home And Away". Nick pronounced Meagher phonetically (it is pronounced Marr) and Alf Roberts was actually Coronation Street. I can understand why he got mixed up as Alf Roberts and Alf Stewart from their 2 shows were both grocers, both big men and both grumpy.

16 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Summer Bay must be twinned with Brookside as they both have high crime rates lol.

I think H&A has also been noted in various quiz shows other than the Chris Tarrant and Nick Knowles mention. I think Eamonn Holmes has mentioned it.

Robert Kilroy Silk even visited the old diner.

And both went a bit over top during later lifespans. Difference is, It's helped H&A in Australia and it killed Brookside. Sad thing is Brookie get better towards the end but the damage had been done and it seemed C4 were more interested in Hollyoaks (which had probably peaked at that point) and gave it that 5th weekly ep.

And don't get me started with Kilroy. If he kept his mouth shut, he'd still have his show now!:D

Archived