Who are the most heavily featured characters in the early years?

Skylover

I've been watching random 1994 episodes and notice that Jack appears in every episode I choose, not that I'm complaining of course as I love him to bits so the more the better :D But is it the case that he is probably the most featured character in 1994? It definitely seems to be the case. And which other characters are most heavily featured at various times?

There are times in 1995 when it seems that Shane and Angel are always featuring.

We do have character counts from around 10-12 years worth of episodes so far, which Matt has been busy collating, and we'll be looking to hopefully get them onto the site alongside a lot of other data this year.

With that in mind I obviously don't want to undermine that by posting it all on the forum :P

Just to answer this particular query though - Jack's quite a way down the board for 1994, but obviously he didn't arrive until April. If you only take into account the eps from his arrival onwards, then yes, it seems he's in second place for appearances.

Whilst I don't have the most recent stats, it looks as though Jack's also topping the list for 1995.

I watched about 3 episodes in a row and noticed Jack in all of them, so out of curiosity I fast forwarded through the next 5 and he was in all of them too so that was 8 in a row then I got bored fast forwarding after that!

No wonder Daniel found the workload difficult bless him :D

Very few actors were ever contracted for 5 episodes a week, at any point in the series however one of the major ones was Rebekah Elmaloglou. As far as I am aware she had a brief absence from the show caused by exhaustion due to her workload being heavier than everyone elses. Ray Meagher was also contracted for 5 episodes a week around that time though he would not have had the same amount of screentime/scenes as Rebekah.

On 22/02/2017 at 0:16 AM, Homeandawayfan. said:

In the first half of 1988 Carly was a major character but after mid 1988 she became less prevalent.

That's true - other than marrying Ben and her on/off thing with Andrew Foley, what else did she actually do after the rape and alcoholism storyline? :unsure:

On 21/02/2017 at 8:33 AM, Dan F said:
On 21/02/2017 at 7:45 AM, Edward Skylover said:

There are times in 1995 when it seems that Shane and Angel are always featuring.

Whilst I don't have the most recent stats, it looks as though Jack's also topping the list for 1995.

Jack is topping the list in 1995 - 137 episodes as per where I've seen up to :)

Archived