If Charlie was not killed off who would like Charlie to return in 2015 instead of Kat coming on show?.

j.laur5

I think it was huge mistake killing off Charlie in 2012 as I think Esther Anderson would agree to return full time down track as Esther stayed working in Australia. 

I think Charlie  much more stronger character then Kat!. 

As I think Charlie would be much smarter at bringing down Charlotte then Kat. 

They could easily had Charlie and Brax break up and then Charlie decides to move back Sydney and then in 2015 Charlie moves back to Summer Bay. 

As Charlie would very easily fit back in bay and have Kat storylines. 

Thoughts?. 

6 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I think it was huge mistake killing off Charlie in 2012 as I think Esther Anderson would agree to return full time down track as Esther stayed working in Australia. 

I think Charlie  much more stronger character then Kat!. 

As I think Charlie would be much smarter at bringing down Charlotte then Kat. 

They could easily had Charlie and Brax break up and then Charlie decides to move back Sydney and then in 2015 Charlie moves back to Summer Bay. 

As Charlie would very easily fit back in bay and have Kat storylines. 

Thoughts?. 

Sounds good. However at the time the relationship made such a great story, that having her leave town alone would ruin it. She really loved Brax and because it was only lasting a year in which that year was Brax's first of many years on the show, although it was sad, Charlie dying was the best departure for her at the time considering the circumstances. Also, looking at it from all angles, if Charlie's departure was her "leaving the bay", we would see Brax and Ruby both go. To me they are  characters you can't just write out because of another character wanting out. Especially Brax, since he was new. Ruby, I feel like they felt that having her lose Charlie gave the writers something to work with as it changes her life forever. Like, obviously it would have been great for Charlie to stay alive but in terms of supporting character development, it was kind of a good move because it gave depth to Brax and Ruby in particular.

You are right that Charlie would have been better at her job than Kat. And yeah she would easily fit back into the bay, she was pretty well-respected for the most part of her time.

It's about how they're written.   Charlie was in the show when the characters generally were much better written, and her first year or two on the show she was probably better written than Kat because we saw more of her family. And I thought she was a weak character back then. And in her last year she became weaker. Her story about Brax took over, and everything else as her other family became less important. It was the first step towards how the characters are today. And in her last year she was just like Kat... Just as corrupt as her, if not worse. I think Kat stands up more for herself when it comes to her boyfriends. Charlie didn't. Her storyline with Brax put women in a terrible light.  And as police officers they were equally bad, just in different ways. 

There is room for no Jack in the Bay other than the original :P

Kat is actually one of my favourite current characters, I think the problem for her is they focus on the recycled plot of policewoman loves criminal which is not original in any way. If they focused less on her career dilemmas she'd be a thousand times better. Charlie was alright, I guess they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Archived