OverCome

LissaBelle24

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again... wow! Such a great story unfolding. I loved the scene with Billie and Kat. So much hurt and anger in the young girl's chat with her, and clearly something she's holding back :unsure:. Such a different twist on the Morgan story too. Really intriguing. Sad to see Justin so cut off from them and Brody so hurt, but I can see that you're building an interesting mystery here. Can't wait to find out more. And, I absolutely loved the letter writing between Heath and April :wub: Very sweet. Really looking forward to the next chapter x

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter Four
June

Leah looked up from the sandwich she was making to watch her son who was sitting at the dining room table doing his homework. "VJ, is everything alright? You seem distracted" 

VJ shrugged. "Worried about Billie" 

Leah hated that she thought it yet sometimes her son seemed to worry to much about the girl. "She'll talk to you if she needs to and you forget sometimes that she has Kat" 

"Does she?" VJ glanced up. "Kat is consumed with Ash's case, she barely pays attention to Billie anymore"

"That isn't true" 

"Isn't it? If Kat isn't at work then she has her head buried in the case, why do you think Bil has been spending the majority of her time at Bianca's with April" 

Leah raised her eyebrow, that was news to her and she would have been lying if she wasn't a little concerned by that. Kat had promised her that Billie wouldn't suffer, that the girl would always be her first priority. "I didn't know April and Billie were friends" 

"They weren't. I actually think April feels sorry for her. Ruby, she isn't..." He trailed off, the feud between Ruby and Billie came down to Charlie being the cop to arrested and help put Ash away. "Billie and Ruby still don't talk, I don't think Ruby even knows April and Billie hang out" He looked over at his mum. "Doesn't matter though, I just can't shake the feeling that Billie is keeping something from me. We tell each other everything but lately she's been acting different. Seems distracted, disengaged, doesn't look like she is sleeping" 

"If your worried then I will mention it to Kat, but your right VJ, she tells you everything so you need to have faith that she will come to you when she is ready. Finish your homework" Leah turned back to the sandwich she was making before she glanced back up. "Did you see Hunter today?" 

"Yeah, you need to talk to Zac mum. Hunter is paying the price for you guys splitting up" 

Leah sighed, staring down at the bread in front of her. Their split had to do with Zac's infidelity, he slept with Sam, broke their vow but somehow she was the one that was made to feel like the bad guy. The one that was left wondering if sending him away was the best outcome. Nine years of marriage just thrown away, he took with him Hunter and Evie. Now half their family was living on one side of town and half on the other.

"Mum..." VJ called his mothers name as he opened the fridge. "You okay?"

"Evie..."

"She's been hanging around Matt. She's okay, missing home. Just talk to Zac" He grabbed his drink and headed back to the table.

Leah didn't want to speak to Zac, didn't want to look at him but Hunter was only 16 and Evie 17. Hunter was six when she had met Zac, and Evie had come to live with them when she was ten. They were apart of her life and since splitting with Zac he had kept them away from her, not even allowing them to come into the diner when she was working. Making her feel as though she was being punished for needing time apart.  

~!~!~

Bianca stared at Charlie, she could not believe the words that had left the woman's mouth. "Do you realise that this sounds a little insane?" Bianca placed the coffee cups down onto the table. 

"Yes" Charlie sat down. "I am not ready to raise another child" She placed her hands around her coffee cup. "You were with him for a while, what do you know of his childhood?" 

Bianca knew that Brody was a private person, despite having been with Charlie for a few years, she knew that Brody hadn't shared much about his family or his childhood with her . "Charlie, it isn't my place. You should ask Brody about this" 

"He's told me a few things. Where are Tori and Mason?" 

Bianca bit her bottom lip, looking down at her coffee. Despite separating from Brody they were still good friends, co-parents to a little girl, a team. "As far as I know they live in Perth. The family broke up after Justin left with Raffy..." Bianca paused, with everything on her mind she had forgotten to tell Brody. "Raffy is here" 

Charlie almost spat the coffee out of her mouth. "What do you mean here, as in here in Summerbay?" 

"Yes. I was meant to call last night but I got side tracked with the twins. I have a new music teacher, Phoebe Morgan, Raffy was with her so I am guessing she is Justin's wife" 

Charlie placed her hands over her mouth. "Right. Oh god, how are we going to tell Brody? He is going to want to see her. Bianca, what am I going to do if he want to fight for custody? I have Ruby and I absolutely love Gracie but I am not ready to raise another child" 

~!~!~

"Harley, time for a bath" Phoebe shouted upstairs to the little boy who was supposed to be cleaning up his toys. "Raffy, Rocco, once that show is finished I want you to do the dishes" 

Raffy nudged Rocco when he moaned like any nine year old would. "Sure thing, Phoebe" 

"Can we skype daddy after bath time?" Harley came running down the stairs. 

Phoebe glanced at the time, they had missed their last call with Heath when they had been told his scheduled skype calls had been moved to Thursday instead. "Of course we can, let's get you in the bath first though" She lifted him up into her arms. "Rocco, make sure you help Raffy" She knew her nephew inside and out, he would try to squirm his way out of doing any chore. 

"I don't want to speak to dad" Rocco mumbled standing up from the couch. "I'm going upstairs" 

Phoebe frowned. "Rocco, your dad looks forward to this call every week" She wouldn't force him but lately she had started to recognize that Rocco's behavior about his father and the army was changing. She hated to admit that a part of her understood it, for him he was a nine year old boy growing up with only an Aunt as a parental figure in his day to day life, knowing that his dad was constantly away working and for the most part unreachable was hurting him. "Raff, can you go run a bath for Harley?" She placed the little one on the floor. "Go with your cousin honey" 

"I don't want to talk about it Aunt Phoebe" 

Phoebe placed her hands on Rocco's shoulders and directed him back towards the couch. "Kid, I know this is hard but you have to talk to me if something is bothering you. Communication is the key" They sat down. "Why are you angry?"  

"I am not angry" 

Phoebe raised her eyebrow. "You know that it is okay to be upset sometimes, this is hard for all of us. When I met Justin and Heath, Raffy was only four and you were still in your mothers stomach. They were home from a tour for five months, in that time you were born" Phoebe brushed the hair out of his eyes. "I was your Auntie from the moment you entered this world" She didn't go into the details of his mother, Rocco understood that that woman was not ready to be a mother and left him after they were released from hospital. "When your dad and Justin left again they entrusted me with you and Raffy" 

Rocco squirmed in his seat. "I know this Aunt Phoebe" 

"Rocco, I had only known them five months, I was amazed at how much they trusted me and I promised myself I would do absolutely everything in my power to keep you safe and happy" 

"You always have" 

She smiled at him, deep down he was a just a sweet boy who missed his father. "You're not happy right now though, are you?" 

Rocco shrugged. "I miss dad" 

Phoebe pulled him into a hug despite his weak protests. "I know you do and I bet Harley misses him too" She kissed the top of his head. "I love you kid and I want you to know that you can always talk to me about this stuff. Your dad is away working and he misses you too" 

Rocco blinked, finally wrapping his arms around Phoebe to return to the hug. "I want him to come home" 

"He will and when he does we'll have one of our favorite movie nights with pizza and ice-cream" 

"Aunt Phoebe?" 

"Yes?" 

Rocco squeezed her. "Thank-you for taking care of me and being my mum even if your not" 

Phoebe blinked back the tears that formed in her eyes. "It is my pleasure kid"

~!~!~

"1. 2. 3. Blast off" Billie swung Theo through the air. "Oh no, the aliens are on to us. Quick Theo laugh, laughing makes the rocket fly faster" She smiled when the little boy started giggling. 

"Space alien April, they are getting away" Ethan tugged on April's top.

April handed him a nerf gun. "Time for action. Let's shoot him down" 

"Quick, Astronaut Billie they are going to get us" Gracelynn pointed to the chair. "Let's land on planet..."

"Bogger!" Theo shouted. 

"Ew" Gracie wrinkled her nose. "Planet Bogger"

Elijah stood on the couch hands on his hips. "Time for WAR!"

Bianca placed the pizza down onto the table. "Who's hungry?" She laughed when they dropped their guns and came running into the kitchen. "Having fun?" She ran her hands over Theo's hair as Billie placed him in the high chair. 

"Yes!" Elijah grinned. "Billie is soooo much fun and she makes April play with us" 

April blushed, looking down at her plate at those words wondering if Billie wasn't here if she would actually be playing with them or in her room hiding away. "Let's eat" 

Bianca smiled at Billie. "You young lady are going to make an amazing mother one day" She turned away failing to notice the way Billie turned pale as if the words struck her. 

Edited by LissaBelle24

Great chapter

it was sweet VJ worries about Billie

Liked how you added Zac cheating on Leah into this and Zac taking Hunter and Evie away from Leah.

Loved the little scene with Phoebe and Rocco

Aww Billie and April playing with the kids was very cute.

Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen

Chapter Five
June - Part 1, Day Time

Charlie watch Brody as he wiped the glasses behind the bar at Salt, she had called in sick at work so that she could speak to him about Justin and Raffy. It was a conversation that couldn't be avoided no matter how much she wanted to.

"Are you just going to stare at me all afternoon?" Brody teased. "I thought you had a shift" 

"I did" Charlie cleared her throat, walking up to the bar. "Could you use a break?" 

Brody raised his eyebrow at the voice she used. "Yeah, lets go out onto the balcony. Is everything alright? That tone usually means I have done something wrong" 

"I went to visit Bianca yesterday" 

"Is something wrong with Gracelynn?" Brody jumped to the conclusion. 

Charlie shook her head, she loved how devoted Brody was to his daughter, it was just one of the things that attracted her to him. "No. I went over to ask her what she knew of your family" The look in Brody's eyes changed. "I wanted to hear it from Bianca but she enlightened me about something, had she not been distracted with the twins she would have told you" Charlie took a deep breath. "Raffy is in Summerbay with Justin's wife" 

"What?!" 

"Brody, we need to speak about this, calmly and rationally. I need to tell you how I feel..."

Brody placed his hands on the railing, looking out at the ocean. "If she is here then it should be easy to..."

"Stop, listen to me" Charlie walked over to stand by him. "I can't raise another child, Brody. I have Ruby who is a teenager now and I adore Gracie, I love her but I am not ready not in the slightest to be responsible for another child. You are so eager to destroy Justin's happiness that you didn't bother to ask how I felt..."

"Charlie, this is my sister. I need to do what is best for her" 

"You aren't doing this for the right reasons Brody. You want to take Raffy from Justin to hurt him, this isn't about what is best for your sister. Maybe if it was I would feel different" The whole idea seemed out of place, she understood that he would be angry at Justin for their past but it didn't give him the right to want to rip a thirteen year old from her home. He was her partner, and while she would always be supportive of him this was something he needed to consider. "You need to realise this doesn't just effect you or Justin. How about you start with visiting Raffy, discovering what her life is like" 

Brody breathed deeply, he didn't see how Raffy could be living a good life if Justin was away all the time, he didn't see how his brother had the right to look after their sister. "I just..."

"You want justice for him leaving you" Charlie gently ran her hand over his arm. "But perhaps you need to speak with Justin, allow him to share his side of the story before you do something you can't take back. Just think about it" 

He turned to look at her. "This thing, kids...do you ever think about having more or are you telling me that you never see yourself being a mother again?" 

Charlie blinked, in the years that they had been together this was the first time he was looking at her with the seriousness regarding the conversation. They had joked about more kids but never discussed it. "I don't know, Brody" 

Brody shook his head, moving towards the restaurant. "You might want to figure that out" He through over his shoulder at her. 

~!~!~

VJ saw her sitting under the tree crying and immediately he started running. "Bil! Hey Billie, what happened?" He dropped his bag to the ground and knelt down only to have her practically throw herself at him sending him scooting back onto his bum. "Hey, I got you" He spoke the words reassuringly. 

"I...I...I hate this" She cried, struggling to get her words out.

VJ knew something wasn't right with her, the last week she'd been acting off. "Billie, what happened?" 

"I feel gross. I can't stop crying...I hate myself" Billie clung to him tighter. "What am I going to do?!" 

"Whoa, hey, talk to me. Did something happen with Kat?" 

"No!" Billie hiccuped. "I'm pregnant, that sounds horrible, so bad. This can't be happening" 

VJ listened to her rambling, completely stunned by her words. "Did you say pregnant?" He winced when Billie's cries became louder. "Hey, it's okay. I got you" He had no idea what had happened, as far as he knew she hadn't been seeing anyone. They shared everything about their lives, Billie wouldn't keep something like this from him. 

Billie leaned heavily on him allowing the tears to flow, not hiding the sadness that had taken over her body. She hated herself, hated her life. The child she was carrying a reminder of the worst pieces of the world. She felt so alone, couldn't tell Kat, Marty was gone, alone. Billie clung to VJ, he had been her constant since they were twelve and every piece of her needed him now more then ever. "I'm alone" 

VJ rubbed her back. "No, god no Bil, you aren't alone. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere" He kissed the top of her head, they would talk about it later, right now all she needed was him. 

~!~!~

Hunter grabbed Evie gently by the arm. "Come with me" He started to pull her towards the diner. 

Evie frowned. "What are you doing? We aren't allowed to go..."

He stopped, turning his body to face her. "I know what he did" He watched Evie's face pale. "We have to tell Leah" 

"No" Evie shook her head. "We can't tell Leah and we can't go there" She pointed to the diner. "If we do it'll only make things worse" 

"How can it get any worse?" He pushed her hair over her shoulder. "He can't get away with that" He pointed.

Evie smiled softly, placing her hand on Hunter's arm. The kid was more then a cousin to her, he was more a brother now. "I'm okay, I promise" She added when she saw his skeptical look. "If we tell Leah anything it will only make it worse. We live with him" 

"We shouldn't" Hunter mumbled, anger clouding his eyes. "I should have been there" 

Evie grabbed the straps on her backpack. "You can't be with me all the time. I'm fine" 

"I think we should..."

"Evie!" 

Hunter snapped his mouth closed when he heard Matt's call. "We have to do something" 

Evie sent him a warning glare as Matt reached them. "Hey" She hugged him. "Did you bring..." 

"Muffins" He held up the bag. "Leah packed two extra, for school tomorrow" He glanced at Hunter. "Everything alright?" Since the split between Zac and Leah, things had been different, Evie had been acting different and Hunter seemed angrier. 

"It's fine!" Hunter snapped. "I'll see you later, Evie" 

Matt raised his eyebrow, looking at Evie with a slight frown. "What's up with him? Did you guys have another fight with Zac? I keep saying you should speak to Leah about it, if you asked to live with her she'd let you" 

"It's not that simple Matt" Evie grabbed his hand. "I really wish it was" All she wanted was to run to Leah and tell her everything, the woman had raised her for the past seven years, been every bit of the mother figure Evie wanted, but somethings were better off left alone. If she told the truth there was no telling what Zac would do. 

~!~!~

"Rocco. Harley. I want you two to put your pyjamas on, then we can have a hot chocolate before bed" Phoebe called upstairs to the two boys who was supposedly playing a board game. 

Raffy looked up from her homework. "I was thinking I could write Justin a letter, could we post it on the way to the shops tomorrow?" 

Phoebe heard the doorbell and grabbed the handle of the front door, pulling it open as she spoke to Raffy. "I think your father would love it. Maybe you could help the boys with one for your Uncle" She glanced towards the man standing in front of her. "Can I help you?" 

"Are you Phoebe Morgan?" 

Phoebe raised her eyebrow. "That would be me. You are?"

"Brody" 

"Raff, honey, go upstairs and help your cousins get ready for bed" 

Raffy stood up from the table casting Phoebe a weird look. She had the door closed over slightly, like she was concealing the person from her view. "Who is at the do..."

"Go upstairs, Raffy" 

Raffy new that tone, it was Phoebe's do as your told, no questions asked tone. "Yes Ma'am" 

Phoebe waited until she heard the footsteps on the stairs before she cast a look to the man in front of her. "What can I do for you?" 

"You can let me meet my sister" 

Edited by LissaBelle24