I'm doing the Home and Away tour tomorrow afternoon

gillmorton1984

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum - I'm a big Home and Away fan.

Im doing the Home and Away tour with Flamin Galah tours tomorrow afternoon and im wondering if anyone has any tips or can tell me what to expect.

Is there any chance of me seeing cast members or filming?

Im really looking forward to it :-)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not really much I can add that isn't covered on our official tour page :wink:

http://www.backtothebay.net/home-and-away-tours/

There's a link on there also to the Tripadvisor reviews, which show how highly rated it's been.

As we say though, filming can't always be guaranteed as the schedule can vary from week to week, but it's still a worthwhile experience either way.

4 hours ago, joany208121 said:

You're best to ask @Dan F as he knows the go. 

I had friends who went today, and they were filming at both the Summer Bay Surf Club exterior and at the Pier Diner exterior, but mainly on the beach. Today they saw George Mason and Jimmy Stewart

I guess you always see stars when you go and that's from mates who visit more than once.

8 hours ago, joany208121 said:

let us know how it goes :)

The female fans I talked to on a forum enjoyed it and I knew someone who has family in the area and knows the locations well.  I should asked one girl which tour she liked better? Summer bay or Ramsey Street?

• 11 months later...

Oooohhh exciting stuff!!! 

I'm doing the tour on 9/2. Can I ask how big the groups are? Just booking and it says there are still 18 spaces left on this date. That's a fairly sizeable group already I feel. Am I gonna be the only person on this tour?!

Thanks. :)

It's very exciting!!!!!! I'd love to see some filming! I LOVE Penny McNamee!!!! But it'll be cool to go see the filming sites etc!! We don't go to the set do we? It'll be very interesting to "put a face to the name" as it were! :wink: "Making it real" so to speak! :wink: 

5 hours ago, Changelo shipper <3 said:

Oooohhh exciting stuff!!!

I'm doing the tour on 9/2. Can I ask how big the groups are? Just booking and it says there are still 18 spaces left on this date. That's a fairly sizeable group already I feel. Am I gonna be the only person on this tour?!

Thanks. :)

It's very exciting!!!!!! I'd love to see some filming! I LOVE Penny McNamee!!!! But it'll be cool to go see the filming sites etc!! We don't go to the set do we? It'll be very interesting to "put a face to the name" as it were! :wink: "Making it real" so to speak! :wink: 

I believe the bus can hold 27 customers in total, so whilst you won't be on your own, the group sizes aren't overwhelming. You won't go to the studios as they're on the opposite side of Sydney.

A reminder for any anyone else who's thinking of booking a tour in the future - if you wish to help out the BTTB site/forum a little bit, please consider booking through our tour page:

HAA_TOUR_Tile_304x107_v1.jpg?w=304

We're plugged directly in to the official booking system - so whilst there's no difference to the customer between us and the official site, booking through BTTB does give us a small percentage which helps with the ongoing running costs of the site and forum. :)

Archived