Why was Morag not a regular for long in 1989?

adam436

There was certainly the potential to involve her more since she had two siblings, a sister-in-law, a niece, a baby nephew and an estranged daughter as part of the regular cast. If I remember correctly, she also had some sort of relationship with Andrew Foley, though I can't remember how the connection came about.

It seems to be the writers wanted to keep that distance between her and the rest of the Summer Bay Residents because isolating her seemed to keep that bitch/villain status. In my opinion, it just showed that she was a lonely and sad woman.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder where they would taken character if she did stay?.

Maybe turning point could be that after Tom dies Pippa has money problems and Morag helps her out and everyone think there secret agenda but it turns out Morag just wants to help Pippa as feels she owes it to her for helping her daughter.

4 hours ago, joany208121 said:

But all the recent stints are all the same now

Some  actors want to do that now. It has the benefit of not being tied down to a show 24/7 and some actors prefer it that way for both good and bad motives.

13 hours ago, samdanfan said:

Some  actors want to do that now. It has the benefit of not being tied down to a show 24/7 and some actors prefer it that way for both good and bad motives.

I think The point being made is that they are not memorable anymore. Also because her stint shave actually very little to do with the character herself but being used as a vice in someone else's story. 

5 hours ago, joany208121 said:

Cornie has said she would love to do a longer stint. But how many times can she be called to defend someone from going to jail for a crime they didn't commit. 

I wonder if she still wants to return as regular because I mean  she is now at same as  Lyn Collingwood was when she retired. 

I cant believe Cornelia  Frances is 80 in other four more years. 

3 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I wonder if she still wants to return as regular because I am she now at same Lyn Collingwood was when she retired. 

I cant believe Cornelia  Frances is 80 in other four more years. 

Talking to people I can tell you Actor work when they want to. The word retired I have to think are they really. Blaxland 89  I agree if you going to use someone you have to have a really good plot and not waste the person or fans time.

Archived