Why do you reckon they never brought in a new wife for Alf?.

j.laur5

6 hours ago, adam436 said:

True, I guess she is one of my all-time favourite characters, so I would never like to see recast. Just like I would never have accepted another actor in the role of Fisher, Bobby or Marilyn

So true many fans will always want the classic actor over the recast actor,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's a shame they never paired off Alf and Irene back in the early 2000s. I think that ship has well and truly sailed now, but if the producers knew how long Ray and Lynne would be sticking around for, they might have gone for it.

I wouldn't want it rushed though. Both of them lost partners in 2000, so over the course of 2001 - early 2002 I would have liked to have seen them bond over their shared grief, and then perhaps slowly make it more. 

Speaking of Barry Hyde (sorry to go off topic and wrong forum I know) he could realistically be out of jail now couldn't he? Given the extenuating circumstances of the "murders" he committed coupled with exemplary good behaviour?

Not that I watch the show anymore but I think the best possible story they could come up with for Irene would be for Barry to come back and explore what that would mean for her... would she trust him, could she take him back? Not to mention explore the story of Barry trying to reintegrate into the community. I'm not talking about a couple of episodes of him struggling to fit in and then that's it, he's back in the bay. I mean make a real story out of it. It's something that could be really meaty and Irene could be in the middle of that for once and not on the outside. And it's certainly a more interesting story than cancer or the long-lost child story which seem to be the only thing H&A writers can think of for older characters sometimes.

5 hours ago, beau_t said:

Speaking of Barry Hyde (sorry to go off topic and wrong forum I know) he could realistically be out of jail now couldn't he? Given the extenuating circumstances of the "murders" he committed coupled with exemplary good behaviour?

Not that I watch the show anymore but I think the best possible story they could come up with for Irene would be for Barry to come back and explore what that would mean for her... would she trust him, could she take him back? Not to mention explore the story of Barry trying to reintegrate into the community. I'm not talking about a couple of episodes of him struggling to fit in and then that's it, he's back in the bay. I mean make a real story out of it. It's something that could be really meaty and Irene could be in the middle of that for once and not on the outside. And it's certainly a more interesting story than cancer or the long-lost child story which seem to be the only thing H&A writers can think of for older characters sometimes.

I like Barry and he's a far better principal then Martin.

2 hours ago, beau_t said:

There's no way he'd be principal again, he'd have to adjust to a whole new life which is one of the things that would be interesting about it.

That is real life logic - given that Zac was allowed to teach with his drug conviction, it is not impossible for Barry to return to teaching. However, he is probably not "hot"enough for the powers that be...

On 19/01/2017 at 8:33 PM, beau_t said:

Not that I watch the show anymore but I think the best possible story they could come up with for Irene would be for Barry to come back and explore what that would mean for her... would she trust him, could she take him back? Not to mention explore the story of Barry trying to reintegrate into the community. I'm not talking about a couple of episodes of him struggling to fit in and then that's it, he's back in the bay. I mean make a real story out of it. It's something that could be really meaty and Irene could be in the middle of that for once and not on the outside.

How could he possibly integrate into a community that accepted Hunter, the Braxtons, the Barretts and Ash? :P

I guess the difference though, as you said, would be what that would mean for Irene and the fact that Barry was once a high standing member of the community.

Archived