Why do you reckon they never brought in a new wife for Alf?.

j.laur5

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

But then they made her his half niece....Oops

Forgot about that :lol:.

I'm glad they didn't marry Alf off again. They would have had to do what seems to be impossible these days; find an actress willing to stay longer than the average 3 years. Plus you have to admit that it has made Alf one of the more unique characters, not having a load of failed relationships through the years.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Didn't Jane Hall previously play (one of the) Rebecca Fisher - that would mean Alf is dating his niece :)

Didnt remember that

30 minutes ago, Pierced Musie said:

Forgot about that :lol:.

I'm glad they didn't marry Alf off again. They would have had to do what seems to be impossible these days; find an actress willing to stay longer than the average 3 years. Plus you have to admit that it has made Alf one of the more unique characters, not having a load of failed relationships through the years.

Oh yes your so right on that

My opinion on not giving him another wife would be Ailsa was just to big of a character and they were such an iconic couple I guess it would be like seeing Scott with someone other than Charlene in Neighbours, I've noticed that when ever Alf goes through something he will always look at his pictures of Ailsa and never anything of his first wife, now I know she was before the show started but I just find it strange after all he must of loved her she is Roo's mother, I just think Ailsa had too much of a big role for Alf to ever replace her and a big place in his heart. agreeing with previous comments he did thrive in the early years as a family man probably more so now as mentioned above he's reduced to bit parts and mainly seen heading off fishing or drinking tea in the diner, I was hoping for Duncan , Caroline and Bryce to stay long term and for Alf to have a lot more interaction with him I loved the scenes with Alf and Duncan and Alf and Bryce.

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

My opinion on not giving him another wife would be Ailsa was just to big of a character and they were such an iconic couple I guess it would be like seeing Scott with someone other than Charlene in Neighbours, I've noticed that when ever Alf goes through something he will always look at his pictures of Ailsa and never anything of his first wife, now I know she was before the show started but I just find it strange after all he must of loved her she is Roo's mother, I just think Ailsa had too much of a big role for Alf to ever replace her and a big place in his heart. agreeing with previous comments he did thrive in the early years as a family man probably more so now as mentioned above he's reduced to bit parts and mainly seen heading off fishing or drinking tea in the diner, I was hoping for Duncan , Caroline and Bryce to stay long term and for Alf to have a lot more interaction with him I loved the scenes with Alf and Duncan and Alf and Bryce.

Yes sometimes you shouldn't mess with success. Jane Hall like character would be interesting as yes I seen some of her early work yet she wouldn't be the 1st actor to play 2 different characters in a series.

53 minutes ago, j.laur5 said:

I would be happy if they bought back Nancy Hayes to replace Judy Nunn for beginning of 2001 season.  

This is actually a nice idea. I'm not sure how it would have worked long term, but considering that they lost Pippa only a few years earlier, the show became increasingly lacking of older established cast members during the early 00s, a new face of Ailsa could have worked well.  

Archived