Morgans or Braxtons?

Inactive.User

Mogan's or Braxton's  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's probably way too early to compare the two. The Braxton's lasted 5 years (set to last 6 considering the specials are coming out in 2017) and the Morgan's only joined 6 months ago. The Braxton's are going to win almost by default because of this.

Give the Morgan's a couple more years before you start comparing them to the Braxton's because it will be a bit more even by then.

As characters i prefer the Braxtons. I feel they had more charisma. But as whole from what I have seen I think The Morgans are better. They have integrated them into the community better. Most of them have jobs in the community. So you know I Think writing wise they did it better. I don't need time to decide this in any case. 

I've seen quite a few people say that the Braxtons/Morgans are similar but in actual fact they're really different. The Morgans aren't "bad" and never really have been but I feel like they're often lumped into the "edgy criminal" category because of the Braxtons/the Barretts. I don't consider the Morgan family to be bad, like I don't think them being in witness protection really makes them bad people. I think I'd say I prefer the Braxtons, though I think the Morgans are probably the better family. I think that the Morgans are better people than the Braxtons but I feel that the Braxtons were more charismatic as characters (like Luke39 said) whereas I feel that the Morgans as characters can sometimes be a bit dull. I prefer Justin over Brax though. I think he's much more considerate and mature. But I prefer Casey/Heath to Brody/Mason. I just think Brody/Mason are kind of boring at the moment but my thoughts on them might change. I quite like Tori too! And I also agree with the thing about the Morgans integrating into the community better than the Braxtons. I feel that the Braxtons often kept to themselves and didn't always have the most positive relationships with other summer bay residents but the Morgans have really integrated themselves into the community. 

The Morgans have now all entered our screens here in Norway. And they are similar to the Braxtons.. Both so called families aren't real families with adults and kids, but random characters who just are supposed to be  siblings but for so given reasons they aren't living like normal adults do.. It feels like the both backstories and reasons are just cheap excuses to have that many characters in the same age group and at the same time avoid the complaints that Summer bay don't have a family.

The both "families" are also bringing in the crime element. They seem to get the almost identical storylines;  it doesn't matter if the backstory is completely different, when it ends up in the same old stalker storylines, enemies coming to the bay, violence and endless storylines that doesn't seem realistic or logic at all. 

But at least some of the Braxtons backstory had something realistic and down to earth. They came from the shadow side of the community. And some of their early storylines was ok, for example the portrayal of their mum and how it was for the women had to live with the crime factor. But unfortunately the storylines went over the top and it was far too much about Brax the hero and too much enemies popping up all the time without no explanation. It was a shame though, the Braxtons could have been good if they were written differently. 

But the Morgans nonsense backstory are ruining them for me. I also think they are far too similar to each other.  It would have been better to introduce a couple of them as individual characters with a different backstory. 

I liked the Braxtons better..

The Morgans over the last few episodes of the season have started to bore me abit...Brody's the best one oh and Buddy :D I find Pheobe amusing with Justin though I'm not sure if she loves him or just the drama surrounding him :lol:

• 1 month later...

I like Braxton's better and yes I know they hog screen time and made show have more crime storylines.

But I think Braxton's gave show more of an  impression than the Morgan's. Kyle and Heath really did get character development and wheras Brax and Casey were never really that. Sure Brax was a bad boy but he never was  Johnny Cooper bad!.  

So far, I prefer the Braxtons. I definitely agree with the description above- that they were more charismatic (which is a great way of putting it!)- and more dynamic. They were better characters, played by actors who I thought were really good and played off of each other very well. I think they also, really, for all the storylines could become far-fetched, had a great sense of family about them- they really made you feel like they were a real family.

They did a better job of combining personalities with the Braxton family, too- for all they appeared similar to the residents of Summer Bay, these were 3 brothers who were so different in personality- 4 when Kyle rocked up- and the actors did a great job of that. I suppose that's what they call chemistry, though I know it's more usually reserved for romantic pairings. But I really thought those guys had it down.

I also think they had the benefit of a better "anchor" in Steve Peacocke and Brax- no offense to James Stewart, as he seems to be a likeable guy and I've heard good things about his other work, but as Justin I haven't been massively overwhelmed. He seems to be meant to be the new Brax -minus the criminal element I guess- but so far he's mostly cycled back and forth through a grand total of 3 or 4 different facial expressions, and as a guy who's whatever age Justin is, he seems really immature. Especially for someone who has lived the life, and had the experiences, that the Morgans are supposed to have had! I get that it's probably played a lot for laughs, and sometimes it is funny, but not all the time!

I don't mean to be totally down on the Morgans. I do like them. I just wish I was more entertained by them. For all the dislike Mason seems to get, I actually like him. Tori is sweet, but I've got to admit, her storylines completely bore me. That's not her fault though- I just have no time for the love triangle they're going with for her and Nate and Riley- both choices bore me beyond belief. You can do better than either of them Tori! And I really like Brody. I think he's one of the best new characters they've introduced in a while, and I really like the way Jackson Heywood plays him. I think he's been brilliant since day 1, and the one who seems to me to have had a really clear grasp of how to play his character- and his place in the family- since the start.

Storylines aside-the problem I have is the one that I said above- when I watched Braxton scenes I felt like I really was watching a family. No matter whether they were just hanging out relaxing, messing around, fighting- the actors gave you that sense of closeness. And when I'm watching the Morgans- this family that are supposed to be so close, who are supposed to have been everything to each other for years- I just don't get that.  I was, as is probably really obvious by this very long-winded post :D, a big Braxton fan, but it wasn't their storylines that decided that for me. Those were just what kept the plot turning and what was happening to the characters. What I loved was watching the character-driven bits, the interactions between them and the dynamic, and the bond. I'd have happily watched scene after scene of them just hanging out in the back garden, or behind the bar at Angelos, just laughing at each other and jokingly insulting each other and just interacting.

I know some of it is timing- obviously it takes some times to get that level of comfort with each other. It's too long since I've watched the Braxton introduction to say for sure, but obviously the actors developed their dynamic with each other over time, so it probably wasn't the exact same in the start that it became over time. Similarly with the writers, as they developed the characters. But it was pretty well-established from the get-go. That was a big part of their appeal to me- that they did such a good job with the family bits. I just love watching a well- done family. And I'm still willing to give it some more time for the Morgans! But the thing is, it's been long enough that there should be some sense of it now. I get glimpses of it, mostly in the scenes when Brody is gently scolding Justin about something or trying to coach him through yet another stuff-up with Pheobe! So I'm hopeful. But how much longer should it take?

Must say though I agree with pembie- I LOVE Buddy. Any and all scenes with him, whether the characters are playing with him, or he's just lying there, are made better just by him gracing the screen with his presence :D 

No contest - the Braxtons -   far more believable and interesting as a family unit -  no matter how bad things got they were always there for each other too.  I also feel the standard of their acting was head and shoulders above what I have seen from the Morgans  

Archived