Isla Fisher -Scooped Trailblazer Award @ the AACTAs in Sydney

Sunny Girl

Presented to her by iconic and legendary Geoffrey Rush,  the showreel package showed footage from her time in Summer Bay and mentioned the majority of her film roles.

Geoffrey also acknowledged the books that she had written and the tightly knit bond between herself and Sasha and the private way they are raising their children.

Her Mum was also there, from Perth. They had seats right at the very front too.

Her acceptance speech was very Isla, and beautiful in saying that.

19 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

Presented to her by iconic and legendary Geoffrey Rush,  the showreel package showed footage from her time in Summer Bay and mentioned the majority of her film roles.

Geoffrey also acknowledged the books that she had written and the tightly knit bond between herself and Sasha and the private way they are raising their children.

Her Mum was also there, from Perth. They had seats right at the very front too.

Her acceptance speech was very Isla, and beautiful in saying that.

Some fans on Facebook saying she may come back to H&A? like with all news you hear on FB and others take it as you like. AS to me everything PR online anymore. Yet be nice to have returning actors as fans love that.

If Isla returned for a visit, I'm sure Debra would - she's spoken highly of her in the past. I'm not sure what would bring Shannon back to the bay though. Sam is still meant to be living in Yabbie Creek, I think, so maybe she could just pass through on her way to visit him.

It was VERY cooool to hear that she won this award, and i loved how self depricating she was in her acceptance speech, e.g. something like "I only got this award becasue the likes of Nicole Kidman, Noami Watts and Margot Robbie couldn't make it to the awards tonight."     

1 minute ago, JosieTash said:

It was VERY cooool to hear that she won this award, and i loved how self depricating she was in her acceptance speech, e.g. something like "I only got this award becasue the likes of Nicole Kidman, Noami Watts and Margot Robbie couldn't make it to the awards tonight."     

Yes interesting the feelings they must have toward their fellow actors. Yet when your a standard for many that a difficult place to be in having your moves wathced and debated. Having those actors come back wouldn't hurt?

20 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

To be fair without Islas influence . Margot may have never broke out as phenomenally as she has.

That the dream of almost all Aussie actors is to get noticed on something H&A or Neighbours  or other and then go to USA That what I was told by people in the know. I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Archived