Unpopular opinions on certain H&A characters/stories etc?

Homeandawayfan.

Is there an iconic character you think to yourself "What is the fuss over this Mr or Miss Perfect"?, a character that everyone else seem to love? Or a character that should have been written out years ago or even a storyline you hate that everyone else seems to love, or a couple that was not the Romeo And Juliet they we portrayed as?

Ailsa was cheery and strong to start with but irritable and miserable from the early to mid 1990s onwards.

Sally Fletcher was overrated.

Fisher should have stayed the villain of the piece like he was in the first season, a Paul Robinson type character.

Jake Pirovic should have killed all the Braxtons.

Everyone seems to love Brody in this forum. I like him, but prefer many others over him (people such as Matt, VJ, Ash, Phoebe, however he is the best Morgan)

Considering Kyle was so underused on the show, it's amazing that he has a strong fanbase. I do like him though, really wish the writers gave him better storylines.

This one is kinda the opposite of what you're asking for but: I was a tad surprised that Romeo is so unpopular in the Most Popular Character polls (I wouldn't call him the greatest character of all time but he definitely had his moments where he was very funny, heroic and just a genuinely nice guy. He also was an absolute hunk)

I do agree that Sally is overrated, I don't hate her or anything (was actually really happy when she returned in 2013 because I missed her), but there are so many other long term characters that I personally prefer (Alf, Leah, Irene, Maz, Roo)

After watching a few Early Years episodes, I didn't think of Bobby as the iconic character she is

20 minutes ago, dee123 said:

Other than the Sutherland's and Walker's all other "big" families of the past 10 to 15 years have sucked. The Smith's and the Nash's were especially rubbish.

Would the Holden's be counted as big? There was only ever 3 max on screen at once btw. You're right about the Walkers/Bezmel's being awesome

3 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

The second Pippa could be chauvinistic and arrogant.

Blake and Meg was nothing more than a brief fling.

Yes, I don't get the Blake/Meg thing - 1992 is the worst season of the early years I've seen so far IMO (1988-1995).

Archived