Is John Palmer the next Alf Stewart?

Skylover

I think the phrasing of referring John is the new Alf isn't quite right, but if we think would John get story lines that Alf would have previously gotten then yep I can see the point. Compare the relationship between say Alf and Curtis and John and Jett.. If they had re-used similar story lines, most would have worked as well.

2 hours ago, harrietjames said:

I think the phrasing of referring John is the new Alf isn't quite right

I meant it in the sense of is John going to be the next long term older male character, who will be the face of the show once Alf is long gone, rather than their characters being similar.

On 27/11/2016 at 1:46 PM, CaptainTed84 said:

It's been nearly 8 years and I can definitely see him being around for as long as the actor wants. I think that his departure will be similar to Rachel and Tony's in 2010, Rachel decided to leave and Tony was written out. I think that John and Marilyn will eventually leave the bay together happily

I doubt Emily Symons is going anywhere for a very long time. She's in it for the long haul too.

Archived