Characters who are very Similar

CaptainTed84

Yeah Mason and Geoff obvious comparsions. I see Aden and Matt too. Both portrayed by such charismatic actors. But both similar in characterization. In terms of their backgrounds, both had alcaholic fathers e.t.c. I agree it is a shame we never saw the bad side of Matt. Well every now and then. After Sasha left, he became a dick lol. But never explored as it was with Aden. But they seemed to write Teenagers even back as 2008-2009 with more sensitivity and depth back then. Matt is my fav Male Character since Aden though. Would like Aden to return some day, even though that well prob never happen. I do like how Matt has been impacted by Ellie. So while not explored in depth like it was with Aden. Same volume. I agree Matt also was not a bad boy in the beggining, and less damaged goods. And seems more stable. Kyle and Hunter too I Think are similar. Kyle was my fav Braxton too. I thought Maddie and Nicole were similar. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2016 at 5:46 PM, Luke39 said:

Yeah Mason and Geoff obvious comparsions. I see Aden and Matt too. Both portrayed by such charismatic actors. But both similar in characterization. In terms of their backgrounds, both had alcaholic fathers e.t.c. I agree it is a shame we never saw the bad side of Matt. Well every now and then. After Sasha left, he became a dick lol. But never explored as it was with Aden. But they seemed to write Teenagers even back as 2008-2009 with more sensitivity and depth back then. Matt is my fav Male Character since Aden though. Would like Aden to return some day, even though that well prob never happen. I do like how Matt has been impacted by Ellie. So while not explored in depth like it was with Aden. Same volume. I agree Matt also was not a bad boy in the beggining, and less damaged goods. And seems more stable. Kyle and Hunter too I Think are similar. Kyle was my fav Braxton too. I thought Maddie and Nicole were similar. 

Yeah Maddy and Nicole, never really thought of that one

On the topic of hot blondes, Matilda and Indi in a way remind me of one another. I think it's mainly appearance but from memory both started out on the show as not the most likeable characters

1 hour ago, CaptainTed84 said:

Yeah Maddy and Nicole, never really thought of that one

On the topic of hot blondes, Matilda and Indi in a way remind me of one another. I think it's mainly appearance but from memory both started out on the show as not the most likeable characters

Indi and Matilda (Samara and Indiana) were no exactly blonde though. But yeah always saw the similarities apparence wise. But yeah character wise too. Was Indi ever likeable haha? I loved her but I recall she wasent liked most of her run . Both had a kinda Romeo and Juliet type romance . Romeo and Ric. Indi more so haha. Another one I think is similar is Evie and Sally. Theirs some similarities their.

6 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

Indi and Matilda (Samara and Indiana) were no exactly blonde though. But yeah always saw the similarities apparence wise. But yeah character wise too. Was Indi ever likeable haha? I loved her but I recall she wasent liked most of her run . Both had a kinda Romeo and Juliet type romance . Romeo and Ric. Indi more so haha. Another one I think is similar is Evie and Sally. Theirs some similarities their.

Yeah from what I can remember Indi was unlucky because her year group at school only consisted of herself, Nicole and Romeo. She also joined halfway through the year making it even harder for her character to really have too many school friendships. Nicole and her got on well but she left in mid-2011 so the friendship lasted less than a year. She did have Uni friends which appeared briefly in 2011. But really aside from family (including Romeo and April), she didn't seem to have too many "friends". She flew off the radar heaps in 2013, even when Romeo was around for the first quarter it was seemingly low-key at times.

Indi was an infinitely better character than Matilda though IMO. I actually think Indi is quite underrated - the Walkers are one of the best things about the last 10-15 years of the show - when the household was full of Sid, Indi, Dex, Sasha, April and Romeo it was such a great household.

7 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

People always say Beth and Gina were silmair but were completely different characters in personality and nature!.  

Depends how you define similar I guess...

Many of the story lines written for one would work equally well with the other. Beth could have fostered Jett just as well as Gina for example.

7 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

People always say Beth and Gina were silmair but were completely different characters in personality and nature!.  

Depends how you define similar I guess...

Many of the story lines written for one would work equally well with the other. Beth could have fostered Jett just as well as Gina for example.

Archived