80s vs 90s era?.

j.laur5

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

I actually think the early 2000's, 2000-2005 are the best years of Home and Away but that is just me. But yeah the mid nineties definately for me anyway over the 80's.

Watch the repeats Luke 1995-2000, I think you will change your mind :P

1 minute ago, CaptainHulk said:

I suppose Adam's only really meaty story was the Bobby stuff and to a degree his exit.

I think that's what was effective about it. He was a "joke" character for all those years and then suddenly he's responsible for the death of one of the show's most popular characters.

• 1 month later...

Well, objectively thinking 90s is better. It feels like someone decided to make the show as realistic as possible from 1990. Out the storylines of Floss predicting future, Marilyn being scared of bunnyip. Then in 2000s maybe they started taking themselves less seriously again, hence the near death experiences of Alf meeting Ailsa, Sally meeting Tom. I would not include Ailsa seeing Bobby into that category as I'm sure it was an effect of a bad drug. There were also characters like Jack and Selina and storylines of Shannon, which made me feel like the writers were pushing boundaries. Having said that I do agree that late 1988-early 1989 was something of exceptionally high quality. Floss really had the potential to be something more than a caricature and maybe she was. Finally, there is some special 80s vibe, some special charm, bad quality cameras, synthesized music, fashions, maybe even the fact that the show was new to me when I was watching 80s episodes, which makes a very special place in my heart for that era.

Archived