Peter Collingwood (Bert King)

akiralx

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I just spotted that Peter Collingwood passed away exactly a month ago at age 96. He is of course currently (re-)appearing in The Early Years as Pippa's father. 

He was born in Kent in 1920, emigrated with his family to Australia in about 1960, and worked extensively in theatre, film and television - he appeared in the iconic 1975 film 'Picnic At Hanging Rock'. 

I remember seeing him on the show back in 1997.

There was a scene when Bert offered to go upstairs to talk to Liam after Sam comes downstairs saying Liam doesn't want to eat anything or something like that. 

But Sally says something to Bert about leaving Liam to be left alone on his own.

It was around the time aftermath of Stephanie's death.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 9:03 PM, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

I remember seeing him on the show back in 1997.

There was a scene when Bert offered to go upstairs to talk to Liam after Sam comes downstairs saying Liam doesn't want to eat anything or something like that. 

But Sally says something to Bert about leaving Liam to be left alone on his own.

It was around the time aftermath of Stephanie's death.

I don't remember the scene but that makes sense as I remember Stephanie's death occurring when Pippa was in a coma, and that was when Bert came back.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Dan F said:

I've just added a little tribute from Debra Lawrance to the original story - obviously we had hoped to include it at the time, but Deb is a very busy lady :wink:

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2016/10/30/former-ha-actor-peter-collingwood-dies/

That's lovely of her to take the time to comment and thank you for taking the time to contact her.

Archived