Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think two years is about right, for one it's a pretty big job, and I'm also not sure the interest would be held if it was to happen every year - given the whole process takes around 2½ months, people would get a bit fatigued by it happening every year.

I think the gap also allows a little bit more variety with the results, I imagine any popularity jumps/declines would be far more gradual on a year to year basis, and not quite as interesting. :wink:

10 hours ago, Dan F said:

I think two years is about right, for one it's a pretty big job, and I'm also not sure the interest would be held if it was to happen every year - given the whole process takes around 2½ months, people would get a bit fatigued by it happening every year.

I think the gap also allows a little bit more variety with the results, I imagine any popularity jumps/declines would be far more gradual on a year to year basis, and not quite as interesting. :wink:

Good Point! Roll on 2018

Just wandered in to check on the results of the Character Poll. Congrats to Robbie for cracking the top 40, Chris for cracking the top 20, and to Dexter and Aden for cracking the top 10. I didn't vote for Dexter myself but I very much approve of his being there :D 

Let us not speak of where Kimberly ended up (not that I'm surprised) :P 

I wasn't expecting anyone else to vote for Corey but his name on the list and that's the main thing. You'll all need to remember him for when he comes back some day... 

12 minutes ago, chair said:

Thinking back to the 2004 poll, we were still a few months behind in the UK. Did this affect the poll or were some characters not eligible for voting please?

I couldn't say offhand as I wasn't hugely involved in that original poll (I just gave it a lick of paint a couple of years ago)

The UK were 7 months behind at that point, and if there was a cut-off point for votes to account for the UK transmissions, it would likely have been Episode 3690 which had aired in Oz in March 2004 (October in the UK).

Given both Josie Russell and Ric Dalby appear in the poll, having not arrived until the 3800s, I'm guessing there wasn't one.

• 4 months later...

Archived