Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

3 hours ago, Slade said:

So it's Sally, Irene and Fisher left (assuming nobody else is tied with any of them).

Not Sally, Irene and Jack Holden?

As for looks being a part of why certain characters get votes, I agree it plays a part, and is certainly why I like some characters. However, people like Morag, whose looks don't come into it for me obviously, I would rate higher than the hottest male character of all time IMO - Geoff Campbell. He wouldn't be in my top 10 despite his gorgeous looks.

It plays a part with Jack and others like Hunter.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it! Our Top 3 are now posted and the poll is finished for another two years!

MPC16-01-1.jpg?w=600

Most Popular Character 2016

Also, be sure to check the bottom of the index where, as requested, we've added a page listing all those main characters who didn't receive any points (which was quite a mammoth task for RR1).

A big thanks again to RR1 for his excellent commentaries, Chris for ensuring we had a nice template set up on the new publishing system, Matt for helping out with the vote compiling, and to all those members who voted and took the time to discuss the results in here each day.

Now back to my Amaretto....

Happy Christmas!

Thanks Dan, Red Ranger, Chris and Matt. I have had a lot of fun being involved in the discussion of this poll and seeing it unravel each day!

Can't really argue with the top 5 there to be honest.

What has been your biggest shock in the poll this year? Mine would be 2 things; how high Celia Stewart and Peter Baker came.

Not really surprised that Sally won, but of the 3 that were still in play before the final announcements, I wish  it had of been Irene ...... mostly cos of her connection to Billie

Many thanks to everyone who worked on the updates etc of this poll [Dan, Red, Chris, Matt]. You're all ACE !!!!!

Roll on 2018 and the next poll !!!!!!

Red Ranger, I take my hat off to you sir!  To write some 200 character profiles considering that you had a tight deadline is no mean feat  And to keep them witty, entertaining, clear and concise was terrific.  If that had been me I would have lost the will to live.  I always knew from the UK thread that you were a talented writer and this proves it.  So I salute you.

I would also like to thank Dan the man not just for the site but for running this forum (How you've managed to remain calm with some of the posters is beyond me).

Thank you to Chris - Not sure if he even watches the show anymore - but also for the site and the forum.

And last but not least a shoutout to Matt.

Archived