Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

mpc2016.jpg

Today we launch our 7th biennial poll to find Home and Away’s Most Popular Character.

We ran the very first poll 12 years ago on 15th October 2004, and since then it has been a feature that numerous members have anticipated every two years.

So how does it work? Well all you need to do is choose your Top 5 characters from the show's history, and post them in a list as below (starting with your favourite):

1. Donald Fisher
2. John Palmer
3. Angie Russell
4. Bobby Simpson
5. Luke Cunningham

We will allocate 5 points to your favourite character, 4 points to your second favourite and so on. We’ll then add all the votes up and announce the results at a later date.

Please be sure to read these few pointers before we get started:

• Strictly one vote per member. We have three voting threads – one in the Bayside Diner forum, one in General Discussion and one in Australian Discussion. You can post your vote in whichever suits you, but you may only post once.
  • If you post less than 5 characters, your vote will not be counted. If you post more than 5 characters, we will only count the first 5.
  • Any characters who have debuted in Episode 6501 or onwards (airing in Aus on 12th September 2016) are not eligible, due to the fact that these episodes have not aired in the UK as of the start of the voting.
  • Please give a character's surname, as if you simply write down ‘Tom’ then we won’t know if you mean Tom Fletcher, Tom Nash or Tom the Trucker from 2003.
  • Please only vote for who you genuinely believe are the best characters from the show’s 28 year history – we’re not running a ‘Sexiest Current Character’ poll.

Voting is open now and will run until Friday 18th November 2016.

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED

Any queries/discussion should be posted in this thread. Happy voting!

• Dan F featured this topic
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Just wondering, I remember in the 2006 poll you did a list of characters who didn't get a single vote. Will there be a list like that again as I found it very interesting.

We'll certainly try our best :wink:

4 minutes ago, dvj1208 said:

Dan, I was trying to find my post from 2014, but couldn't find the thread or my post. Have all the 2014 poll threads been archived?

Yes, the votes themselves were moved to the staff forum in order to merge the threads and count the votes :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Dan and other forum mods, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I'd like to volunteer to help collate and gather all the results. I'm quite nifty when it comes to Excel and I think I could help. If you need any assistance this year, please contact me. Thanks.

Archived