The Camping Trip

AtlantaG1912

Hi guys just want to say thank you very some lovely comments yet again. Was going to post this chapter yesterday but thought i would post it today instead.

Chapter 32

At the lake

The guys who by now were getting bored decided that it would be a good idea to head back to camp and maybe help the girls with the cooking.

Casey who was the first one back to the pier looked around for his stuff but couldn't find anything but his shoes and phone. He then looked up to see that the guys stuff was also gone.

Casey shouted to the others who were slowing making their way back to the pier: "Guys, all our stuff is gone!"

The first to respond was Matt: "What do you mean by all our stuff is gone?"

"I mean just that, it's gone!"

Climbing back on to the pier, Josh turned to the others: "Casey's right everything has gone. Well our clothes and towels have gone."

"See I told you all everything was gone." Casey said to the rest of them.

The other guys quickly swam back to the pier and noticed that Casey was right after all.

"Where have they gone?" Xavier asked.

"Well the last two people on this pier that I saw was Kyle and Oscar." Aden said while glaring at his two friends.

Oscar said: "Well it wasn't me I swear."

"That leaves you Kyle." Aden said as everyone looked at Kyle.

Kyle was quick to defend himself: "Well it definitely wasn't me. I promise. Everything was still on this pier once I jumped in and besides you guys were all watching when I pushed Oscar off and jumped in after him."

Casey followed with: "That's true we were all watching him and our stuff was here during the race to and from the middle of the lake."

"Then someone must have taken our stuff while we were all under the water. But who?" Matt asked his friends.

"Mmm, you don't think the girls did this as well do you?" Xavier asked.

"They've had their fun already so I don't see why they would do this as well," Matt replied "Unless."

"Unless what Matt?" Aden asked his taco loving friend.

"Unless the girls already had this planned when they did the other prank."

"Or they could have done this because they didn't get a reaction from us when we woke up this morning." Josh said to the others.

"That's true. Oh well at least we know where our stuff will be." Aden laughed. "Only problem is now we stink of lake water and the girls are going to complain when we get back to camp."

"The girls are going to complain!" Kyle shouted "I'm going to kill them I stink!"

The guys all turned and looked at Kyle: "Seriously!"

"What? It's true I stink."

Casey turned to his brother and said: "Mate, you are definitely spending to much time around Maddy. No offence Oscar."

"None taken." Oscar said to Casey.

"Oh come on this morning was a joke." Kyle replied

"And what about now?" Xavier asked him.

"And now I just don't like the smell of the lake water at all." Kyle said while they all laughed at him.

"Okay mate we believe you." They all said together.

"I think we should just go back to camp and ignore this stupid prank as the only ones its really going to bother is the girls when we get back to camp and they smell us." Aden told his friends "Oh and Kyle as well."

Once the guys had stopped laughing they slipped their feet into the shoes that had been left on the pier and grabbed their phones, then turned and walked in the direction of the campsite, laughing at how the pranks the girls have pulled so far are only backfiring.

Little do they know that the girls have one more prank in store for the boys which could have serious consequences.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys thank you for the lovely comments again. I was going to post this chapter yesterday but i didn't get a chance i'm planning on writing two chapters a day and then posting them.

Chapter 33

At the campsite

Belle, Phoebe and April had just returned to camp to find the other four girls sat taking selfies on their phones.

Wanting to give the girls a shock, Belle shouted: "What are you doing?!"

Turning round from where she was sat, Sasha said: "Way to give people a heart attack Belle!"

"I know. I thought it would be funny to scare the four of you that's all."

Evie stood and said to her friend: "Well you certainly accomplished that Belle. I see you got everything then."

"Yeah, sorry it took so long we had to wait to make sure the guys didn't see us." April answered Evie "Luckily, they decided to disappear under the water."

"Disappear under the water?" Maddy and Tamara asked at the same time.

"Yeah, they must have been having a competition to see who could hold their breathe the longest." Phoebe jumped in before April had a chance to speak.

"Oh so they were being their usual idiotic selves then?" Tamara said.

"Yep. Anyway I thought you lot would have had breakfast cooking by now." Said Belle, as she turned to look at the empty campfire and cooking utensils.

"We thought that it would be easier to wait for you three that way when the guys get here it won't be as cold." Maddy replied.

"Oh good idea. I do think that the next meal we have the guys can cook so it's fair."

"Totally! I feel like we haven't had any fun yet whereas the guys have been off to the beach and lake now and we've stayed here in camp." Sasha spoke.

Phoebe looked at her friend: "Well the pranks have been fun. Also I had some fun going to the lake last night. If you get past the feeling of being watched."

"True the pranks have been fun and Phoebe we don't need to know about the fun you and Kyle had last night. Also will you let it go about that feeling you have."

"Okay, I'll let it go for now and I'll stop with me and Kyle having some fun." Phoebe laughed "Anyway what are we going to do with the guy's clothes and towels now?"

Evie spoke first: "Well we thought about that while you three were getting the boy's stuff."

"Go on." April said.

"Well, why don't we put the boy's stuff in their tent but altogether in the middle, that way they have to search for their own stuff. Then we can hide the rubber snake in amongst their clothes so when they see it they will all get a fright." Explained Evie.

"That could actually work. Let's hope no one is afraid of snakes." Belle said to them.

The three girls walked over to the boy's tent and placed the stuff in a huddle with the snake buried in there as well.

"Girl's I've just thought the guys are going to stink when they get back." Maddy said, as the other six girls started laughing at her.

"It won't be for long Mads." Phoebe said to her.

With that the seven girls walked over to the campfire so they could start breakfast and have it ready by the time the guys got back.

Hi guys, thanks again for such lovely comments. This is one of three chapters i'm planning on uploading today. They also short chapters because the ones after will be long.

Chapter 34

At the campsite

One by one the guys practically fell into camp as they smelt the food drifting up their nostrils.

"Mmm, what is that smell?" Matt asked as he noticed the girls all standing around plating their breakfast.

"Omelettes, Matthew, Omelettes." Sasha replied while trying not to look around at her boyfriend.

"Are you all hungry? Cause we are staving and have been waiting for you." Evelyn asked the guys.

"YES!" shouted the boys altogether.

Once the boys said yes they walked over to the campfire and sat down, ready to eat.

The first to speak was Maddy "Ew! What on earth is that dreadful smell?"

"What smell, Maddy?" Oscar asked his girlfriend.

"Ew! I just smelt it what is is?" Belle asked.

"I can't smell anything Belle." Aden said to her.

"Hang on it's coming from you lot." April said as soon as the smell hit her senses.

"She's right. Why do you all stink so bad?" Phoebe asked them.

"Probably because we have been in the lake for a swim." Josh replied to her.

"Yes and you took a change of clothes and towels with you all so where as they?" Tamara asked while trying not to laugh.

"Oh yeah about that." Casey said "Our stuff was missing when we came out of the lake. All that we had left was our shoes and phones."

"I wonder what happened to them?" Sasha said trying to sound serious.

"We think it might have been the wind to be honest with you." Kyle said to the girls.

"The wind?" the girls laughed.

"Or Casey thinks it could be whoever its is out here with us and might I say we told him animal's wouldn't have any use for our clothes and towels."

"Okayyyy." Maddy replied "Know I don't suppose you can do something about the smell, it stinks."

Xavier was the first to respond: "Don't worry Maddy we all have plenty of clothes and deodorant so we won't stink for long."

"Oh good, can you go and changed now please."

"Well, we are hungry so why don't we all eat and discuss what we are going to do today then we will get ready." Aden replied.

With that the guys started to eat while the girls just stared at them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks again for such lovely comments. I’m so sorry this has taken so long to upload but that is because I had written about 10 chapters so I could just upload them when I wanted to however my computer decided it didn’t want to work after it was pulled off my bed due to me tripping over the charger so I’ve had to rewrite everything so anyway here’s the the next chapter which is a very short chapter as this was a filter and I felt like we needed to check in with Ray for a bit.

Chapter 35

At Ray's Campsite

While the teens were just sitting down to have breakfast and making plans for the first full day of camping, Ray was just waking up for another full day of spying and basically doing his boss's dirty work.

Ray felt round for his phone which was beside him.

No New Text Messages

"Well I guess that's a good start to the day, sort of." Ray said to himself. "Saying that, the boss still hasn't said how long he will be till he can come and take over this stupid job!"

Deciding to stop wondering about the boss, Ray grabbed has rucksack and rummaged through to find some clean clothes and got changed.

10 minutes later…

Ray crawled out of his tent fully dressed and ready for a new day. Walking over to the campfire, Ray picked up the pan (which he had bought the day before at the mall) and through in some sausages and placed it on the fire.

I wish that he was here already. I would actually like to go home at some point. I bet Jess is wondering where I am and if I'm ok. Lily is going to be so disappointed that I'm missing her ballet recital. I had promised Sean that I would take him to the local football game but I don't think that's going to happen now. I guess I will just have to think of something to make up for letting them down again. 

Suddenly Ray was pulled from his thoughts when the smell of burning meat drifted up his nostrils.

Quickly, he took the pan off the fire and placed the sausages in between two slices of bread, and started to eat his breakfast.

Good job those kids decided to stop at the mall yesterday otherwise I would have been out here without any supplies. He thought to himself as he picked up a bottle of beer.

5 minutes later…

Ray had just finished his breakfast and was quickly packing his rucksack ready for another day of watching and waiting.

Once he had made sure he had everything he needed, Ray stood up and headed off in the direction of the teens' camp.

Chapter 36

At the Campsite

"So it's agreed we will go and get some rock climbing stuff from the Activity Centre?" Kyle asked.

"Agreed!" Everyone replied together.

Standing up, Kyle said: "Right, well I'm going to get changed so I can go and get the stuff and I'll leave it to you lot to decide who is coming with me, as I am not carrying all the equipment on my own."

With that Kyle walked away from the others and headed over to the guys' tent.

"So who is going with him then and I personally think 1) it should not be Phoebe who goes with him as we actually want him to come back today and 2) I do think it should be another guy" Evie said as Kyle walked away.

"I agree another guy would be best as the equipment might be to heavy for us girls to carry." Belle said as she turned to face her boyfriend.

"Oh no. Do not look at me like that!" Aden said as Belle give him the puppy dog eyes. "Stop it Belle! I mean it! Fine! I'll go with him on the condition you stop looking at me like that."

"Good and I promise I'll stop." Belle laughed.

As Aden was about to stand up and walk towards the tent to get his stuff, Tamara spoke: "Wait!"

"Why?" Aden asked her curiously.

"Well I need to tell you all something without Kyle around."

"Oh now I'm intrigued." Xavier replied as Aden sat back down.

"Well you know last night how I ran off and Kyle found me."

"Yeah." They all said quietly.

"Well the reason it took us awhile to get back was because Kyle told about something that he did when he was 10."

"What did he tell you Tam?" Phoebe asked wondering what her boyfriend could have said.

"He told me that he ran away because he was getting bullied but the people who were bullying him said it was Kyle bullying them. He said that his foster parents didn't believe him so he ran away while they were asleep and that they found him the next morning asleep in tunnel connected to the climbing frame at the park."

"Why didn't he tell me that?" Phoebe asked Tamara.

"He probably has something to do with the fact he didn't want us to know he was in foster care." Tamara replied.

"Well I guess we now know he has been bullied pretty much his whole life then and not just since he came to the Bay." Casey said.

"I guess, but it does make me wonder what else is hiding that I don't know alre…" Phoebe was cut off by a scream that was coming from the guys' tent.

"What the hell was that?" Josh asked.

"I don't know but it came from your tent." April said as they all stood up looking at the guys' tent…

Chapter 37

The teens all looked at one another and walked over to the tent slowly, to investigate.

When Josh opened the door to the tent they saw Kyle sat in the far corner of the tent. He was as pale as a ghost and appeared to be having a panic attack.

Phoebe was about to enter the tent and go to Kyle when she was suddenly stopped.

"Let me past, I need to help him!" Phoebe shouted at the guys who were blocking her path.

"No!" They all shouted quietly.

"Why not?"

"Well unless you want to bitten by the snake that is currently in the middle of the tent then be our guest." Matt replied. "And that also goes for the rest of you girls as well."

"Guys we need to do something because Kyle looks like he is in the middle of a full blown panic attack." Casey said while looking at his brother who was obviously scared.

Belle quickly realising that Kyle seemed to be scared of snakes she shouted: "Wait!"

"We don't have time to wait. If you haven't realised Kyle is still in the tent with that snake!" Casey shouted back.

"Its not real!" Belle shouted back at Casey.

"What did you just say?!" Casey shouted at her.

"Belle said the snake isn't real. It's a fake snake from the joke shop at the mall." Maddy shouted back.

As soon as Maddy had spoken the guys moved away from the entrance of the tent and Phoebe quickly crawled over to Kyle to try and calm him down.

"Please tell me she didn't just say what I think she just said?!" Casey said to the others.

The girls just looked at one another obviously not realising that Kyle was afraid of snakes.

"Of all the pranks you have played on us since yesterday this is by far the most stupid. I mean we could get over the alarms on our phones and you stealing our clothes and towels this morning while we were in the lake but this, did any of you think before you did this prank." Casey shouted at the girls.

"We are sorry! We didn't know that this would happen." The girls replied.

"Oh your sorry. I guess that makes everything alright then." Josh jumped in worried about his housemate who was still in the tent.

"We swear we didn't know Kyle was afraid of snakes. If we had, we would not have done it." Tamara replied.

Oscar decided it would be best to get the fake snake out the tent as he had a feeling that would not be helping Phoebe who was still trying to calm Kyle down to no avail.

With the fake snake in his hands, Oscar turned round and said: "Do you know how dangerous this prank of yours could have been?"

"We honestly thought it would be a laugh." Sasha said.

"A laugh! Come on girls use your brains someone could have been hurt."

"Well not really considering it was fake." Evie said to her twin brother.

"Just because it was fake Evelyn does not mean no one could have been hurt."

"Oscar is right. The tent could have collapsed on anyone of us who had seen the snake first because they would have thought it was real." Xavier said to the girls.

"Okay." The girls replied.

"NO! No this is not okay. What if we do end up finding a real snake in our tents next and because of this stupid prank someone thinks it fake and it bites them?" Aden shouted.

"Right! Okay! We shouldn't have used a fake snake to prank you guys with alright. We just wanted to get you back for all the countless pranks you lot have played on us over the years." April replied to Aden.

Thinking it was best to move away from the tent to give Kyle some space to let Phoebe calm him down (as they could see that Kyle was now in full on panic mode) they all walked away wondering why Kyle was so freaked out…

Hi guys thanks for the lovely comments again. Anyway here's the next chapter and it's a long one as it is part 1 of Kyle' second flashback in the story.

Chapter 38

Present time…

Kyle was still in the middle of a panic attack and he could see Phoebe was trying to calm him down but all he could think of was the snake and where it had slithered off too.

"Kyle, I need you to calm you're breathing for me!" Phoebe half shouted, half whispered while starring at her boyfriend who was taking no notice of her.

Kyle looked her and then closed his eyes as his mind took him back to that terrible day…

Eleven years earlier…

Kyle was six years old and had been living with his first foster family for two months.

Kyle's foster parents Natasha and Preston were two of the nicest people you could meet and the moment they met Kyle they knew then that they felt like they had been blessed, to them Kyle completed their little family. This feeling was felt by their own son Patrick who at the time Kyle came to live with them was 16 years old and couldn't wait to have a younger brother to teach and guide through life.

Within the first two months, Patrick had taught Kyle everything he knew about his favourite animal, snakes. He taught him about all the different types of snakes in the world and where they came from also if they were dangerous or not and Kyle was fascinated, especially when Patrick let Kyle touch his pet snake.

One lazy Sunday morning while Natasha and Preston were out shopping, Patrick was babysitting Kyle.

After checking on Kyle who was quietly playing with his cars in his bedroom, Patrick walked back to his room to clean his snake's tank out as he did every Sunday. Patrick was half way through cleaning the tank when his phone rang.

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

Patrick answered: "Hey mum, what's up"

"Oh he's fine mum, don't worry. He's currently in his room playing with his cars so he's content for now."

"Actually I was going to take him to the park but it started raining so I thought, what with him having a running nose and what appears to be the start of cold, that it would be best to stay in door."

"Ok mum. No I don't mind what we have for dinner."

"Well I asked if he wanted lunch yet and he said that he wasn't hungry but knowing Kyle he come and tell me when he is."

"Well mum I'll make him sandwich but then you and dad will need to buy some more bread as there won't be any left for breakfast in the morning or for packed lunch."

"Alright then, I'll see you later. Oh I forgot to say Gran called asking if you could pop around later as well."

"No mum all she said was can you pop round when you get a chance today."

"Okay. Love you too and I'll see you when you get home. Bye!"

Patrick hung up the phone and went back to cleaning the snake tank.

One hour later…

Patrick was still cleaning his tank when there was a knock at the front door. Slowly he stood up and checked where his snake was. When seeing the snake was on his bed, he opened his door and made sure it was shut so the snake couldn't get out.

He walked over to Kyle's room before heading downstairs to answer the door.

"Are you hungry yet mate?" Patrick asked the younger boy.

"Not yet Patrick." Kyle replied not looking at Patrick as he was to busy playing with his cars.

"Alright then, just let me know when you are okay."

"Okay."

With that Patrick turned around and walked back along the landing and heading downstairs to answer the door.

"Hey Tilly. What you doing here?" Patrick asked his girlfriend who was standing on the other side of the door.

"Well firstly I felt like I wanted to have a shower so I thought I'd walk here," Tilly laughed as she had rain water dripping of hair. "Secondly I thought I'd come round and help you babysit Kyle considering you said you didn't want to take him out with him starting to get a cold."

"Well you're definitely getting a shower as I think you need it as you stink." Patrick laughed as his girlfriend pulled a face. "Come in, I'll grab you a towel. Oh and thanks for coming to help babysit the little guy but he is currently playing with his cars that my dad bought him yesterday while we were out."

"Thanks I think I'm going to need more than one towel. No problem you know how much I like the little guy, he's so cute."

"Hang on I'll go and grab you a COUPLE of towels." Patrick said running upstairs.

Tilly shouted back: "Thank you Patrick. Hi Kyle!"

A little voice shouted back: "Hi Tilly. Will you come and play with me?"

"In a bit little guy once I'm dry."

"Okay!" Kyle shouted back to his new friend.

"Do I need to be worried?" Patrick laughed as he appeared with some towels.

"Why would you need to be worried?" Tilly asked.

"My little brother is starting to steal my girlfriend and that can never be a good sign." Patrick replied handing her the towels.

"Don't worry babe I still love you but Kyle is cuter." Tilly laughed as she could see it was winding Patrick up.

"Ok fine I'll let you have that, anyway fancy watching a movie?"

"Go on then."

With that Patrick and Tilly walked into the living room and sat down to watch a movie.

Half an hour later…

Kyle who was still in his bedroom, stopped playing with his new cars and listened to his stomach rumble.

Realising he was starting to get hungry he stood up and headed out of his room and headed towards Patrick's bedroom.

As he walked along the landing he noticed that Patrick's door was shut so he knocked and waited for answer (not realising that Patrick and Tilly were downstairs). When he didn't get answer, Kyle opened the door and went in.

"Patrick, I'm hungry now. Can I have a jam sandwich? Please!" Kyle asked as he walked into the room.

Kyle saw that Patrick wasn't in his room but out of the corner of his eye he could see that the snake wasn't in his tank. Kyle started to get excited. (Patrick never let Kyle go in his room when the snake wasn't in the tank in case something happened and Kyle got injured.) So when Kyle realised Patrick wasn't there and the snake was somewhere in the room he closed the door and started to search for it as he wanted to hold it.

Kyle slowly walked over to Patrick's bathroom as he saw the door was open and decided to check the snake was in there. When he couldn't see it he turned round and said to himself "Where is it?"

As Kyle started to walk back towards the door wondering if it had got out while he had it open, he suddenly felt a sharp shooting pain go up his leg.

"AHHHHHH!" Kyle screamed.

Downstairs

Patrick and Tilly who were on the couch throwing popcorn at each suddenly stopped and looked at each.

"What was that? Tilly asked as she knew it couldn't be the movie they were watching.

Patrick looked at her and shouted: "KYLE!"

Tilly looked at him again and the two of them ran upstairs shouting Kyle's name not caring about the smashed bowl of popcorn that was now all over the floor.

As they both got to the top of the stairs Patrick noticed his door was open and quickly walked towards his room with Tilly hot on his tail.

In Patrick's room

As soon as he entered his room he saw Kyle lying on the floor not moving with snake not far from where he was lying.

Patrick made a dive for the snake and grabbed it before it had a chance to disappear and placed it in the tank while Tilly ran over to Kyle and tried to wake her little friend up. Patrick joined her beside Kyle, that was when he noticed Kyle's leg. Bite marks.

Quickly taking his phone out his pocket Patrick ran for ambulance….

Hi guys thanks for the lovely comments again. Anyway here's the next chapter and it is part 2 of Kyle' second flashback in the story so i hope you enjoy it. I just want to say I am so sorry for how long this chapter is but I felt like this flashback was a good way of showing more about Kyle's background. I was also going to split it but I didn't know where I would. Also I apologise if any of the medical stuff is wrong as I tried my best with what little knowledge from watching tv shows has given me.

Chapter 39

Flashback continued…

At the hospital – The Waiting Room

Forty-five minutes after Patrick and Tilly had heard Kyle scream and discovered the bite mark on his leg, they were sat in the hospital's waiting room praying that Kyle would be ok.

"Patrick!" Came a voice from the doorway.

"Mum!" Patrick said as he looked up.

"Hi, Mrs Ward. Mr Ward." Tilly said.

"Hello." Preston replied.

"Patrick, where is Kyle? Is my baby alright?" Natasha asked her son.

"The last time I saw Kyle; he was taken into emergency room." Patrick answered his mother "I don't know how he is though and the doctors haven't been in yet."

"Don't worry Natasha, I'll go see if I can found anything out." Preston told his wife.

"Okay." Natasha replied as Preston left the room "What happened?"

"Well he seemed to have gone in my room and the snake bit him mum." Patrick told her.

"How on earth did it bite him Patrick?!" Natasha shouted at her son.

"Well the snake wasn't in the cage but I shut my door and he knows that if I don't answer when he knocks not to go in but it seems like he did anyway."

"Why didn't you put it back in the cage?"

"Because I was in the middle of cleaning it when Tilly came round to help babysit."

"Tilly is this true?" Natasha asked her son's girlfriend.

Standing up Tilly replied: "Well I don't know anything about why the snake wasn't in the tank Mrs Ward but the second part is definitely true. I went round to help babysit Kyle but because I was soaking wet due to it raining, me and Patrick thought it would be best for me to dry off completely before I went anywhere near Kyle because of him on the verge of a cold. So in the meantime we put a film on but it wasn't loud so we could hear Kyle shout if he needed us."

"Well I appreciate you going round to help babysit and the fact you wanted to be dry first before seeing Kyle but Patrick you should have been checking on him every five minutes if you knew the snake wasn't in the tank." Natasha replied just as her husband walked through the door with a nurse.

"This nurse said we could see Kyle now." Preston told them.

"I'll stay here so you can have sometime with Kyle alone." Tilly said to her boyfriend's family.

"Don't be silly love you can come with us, to Kyle you're his special friend." Preston replied.

"Okay." Tilly answered as she grabbed Patrick's hand and was guided out of the waiting room and down the corridor to where Kyle was.

At the hospital – The Emergency Room

As soon as all four of them entered the emergency room, Natasha walked quickly over to Kyle and started talking to him.

"We are here baby." Natasha whispered in Kyle's ear.

"Mr and Mrs Bennett?" the Doctor said as he approached them.

Preston was the first to speak: "Actually it's Mr and Mrs Ward. We are Kyle's fosters parents."

"Oh right I'm sorry I didn't realise."

"That's ok, to us he is a Ward and not a Bennett." Natasha said to the Doctor.

"Mr Ward, Mrs Ward Kyle is having what appears to be a severe allergic reaction to the snakebite he sustained to right leg. At the moment we are using antibiotics to treat your son however we are a little worried as he hasn't come round."

"What are you saying doctor?"

"Well usually we expect the antibiotics to have worked but they don't seem to be working so I'm sending him for a CT scan to see if there is another reason he isn't waking up and I would also like to do some tests as well."

"CT scan. I thought he was bitten by a snake; why does he need a CT scan?" Preston asked the doctor. "I can understand tests because you see doctors on TV doing tests all the time on patients."

"Sometimes depending on how long it takes for a person who has been bitten by a snake to get treatment, they can develop symptoms that we might not be able to see with our own eyes."

"But we thought he got here quickly. Our son said he called for an ambulance straightaway."

"Yes he did and you should be proud of your son for his quick actions. However, we think with how long it is taking Kyle to wake up and how young he is we just want to be better safe than sorry."

"Ok then. Do what ever you have to do to save our son." Natasha told the doctor.

"Ok. Nurse can you please prep Kyle for a CT scan and I want to do a full set of tests."

Two Hours Later…

At the hospital – The Waiting Room

"What is taking so long?" Natasha said to her husband.

Preston put down his cup of coffee and said to his wife: "I don't know maybe they just want to be sure that the results are correct."

"He's right Mrs Ward, on all the real life doctor shows that I watch, always have the doctors do extensive tests and they usually take awhile to get the results back from the lab." Tilly tells her boyfriends mother.

"Hang on when did you start watching doctor shows on TV." Patrick asks her.

"Since I decided I wanted to become a doctor."

"That's a lovely idea Tilly and let's hope that's all that is making it take so long."

"You welcome and thank you."

"I think that would be perfect for you Tilly." Patrick said to his girlfriend. "I mean you are kind, caring and love helping people."

With that Tilly turned to Kyle and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"What was that for?" Patrick asked

"Because I love you Patrick."

"I love you too."

"Aww look Preston our oldest is finally becoming a man."

Just as Preston was about to respond when the doctor came into the waiting room.

"Mrs Ward, Mr Ward please can you follow me." The doctor asked.

"What about me? I'm Kyle's brother." Patrick asked the doctor.

"Sweetheart, you stay here with Tilly. We'll come and get you in a minute." Preston told his son.

With that Preston and Natasha followed the doctor leaving Patrick and Tilly in the waiting room.

At the hospital – The Emergency Room

"How is he?" Preston asked the doctor.

"Well as you know I had sent your son for a CT scan and I requested tests." The doctor replied.

"Yes. Yes, we know that but what is actually wrong with Kyle?" Natasha asked.

"Well, the test results showed that Kyle seems to be in the first stage of CKD."

"CKD? What on earth is that?" Preston and Natasha asked at the same time, both obviously confused as to what the doctor was on about.

"Well CKD stands for Chronic Kidney Disease. From what we can tell this is something Kyle would have had since he was born."

"How can he have a problem with his kidneys and we didn't know about it."

"Well it is possible that when he was born one of his kidney's was smaller than the other but it may not have been diagnosed as he might have been to the doctor and his birth parents a perfectly healthy baby." The doctor explained to the Wards. "You said Kyle is your foster son?"

"Yeah he has been with us for two months. Why?" Natasha asked.

"Well, have you noticed anything wrong with Kyle in the two months he has been with you."

"Other than today and the snake bite."

"Yes, other than the snake bite?"

"Well he seems to have a cold every couple of days. Like for example he'll have cold which usually goes away then two days later he will have another cold."

"Well this is probably connected to his kidneys."

"Ok then. What does this mean and what do we have to do now?"

"Well this means that we now know why it is taking him so long to wake up. It also means that we can now treat Kyle for the CKD and monitor him closely." The doctor said calmly. "Kyle is going to have to see a doctor every couple of weeks from now on, his diet will need to be modified and he will more than likely be on medication for the rest of his life and further down the line he will end needing a kidney transplant."

"Oh my god. Preston we could lose our baby." Natasha said to her husband.

Suddenly a little voice came from behind them: "Mammy! Daddy!"

"Oh baby we are here don't worry we aren't going anywhere."

"I'm sorry."

"For what baby?"

"For going in Patrick's room and going near his snake."

"Oh sweetheart that's ok, we aren't angry with you we just want to get you better."

"You, young man had us worried sick but now we need to get you better." Preston told Kyle.

Four hours later…

In the hospital – private room

Patrick was sat on the edge of Kyle's hospital bed playing with him while his parents went to the canteen for food.

There was a knock on the door, thinking it was just Tilly, Patrick said: "Come in."

The door opened and a strange women entered.

"Hello I'm looking for a Mr and Mrs Ward."

"They've just popped to the canteen; can I help you?"

"You are?"

"Patrick. Patrick Ward."

"Oh so you are Mr and Mrs Ward's son?"

"Yes and who are you?"

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kelly Barrow." The women explained. "Kyle's social worker."

"Mrs Barrow! What are you doing here?" Preston said to the social worker.

"I'm sorry but I really need to talk to you."

"Sure. Patrick can you stay here with Kyle for a bit longer?"

"Yeah no problem." Patrick replied curious to know what the women wanted.

In the hospital – the corridor outside of Kyle's room

"Mrs Ward. Mr Ward. I'm sorry but I'm here to tell you some bad news." Kelly Barrow said while in her head she knew that she hated this part of her job the most.

"Bad News. I don't get it why do you have bad news?" Natasha asked the social worker.

"I'm sorry to tell you but we have to remove Kyle from your care as after today's incident with your own son's snake, it has been decided that Kyle is no longer safe living with you."

"What? No, you can't take him away. Kyle is our baby." Natasha cried as soon as Kelly told them.

"We are getting rid of the snake. Patrick understands that it is to dangerous to have in the house. You can't take Kyle away from us!" Preston shouted.

Present day…

Phoebe just stared at Kyle as she tried to comprehend he had just told her.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Phoebe asked him.

"I I ddidn't wan want you to kn know." Kyle told her as he started to calm his breathing more.

"So those tablets I had caught you taking were medication not drugs like everyone thought."

"Yep. I was wor worried you woul wouldn't want to da date me if y you knew."

"Oh Kyle. You know you could have told me anything right and it wouldn't have mattered. I love you and nothing is going to change that. Ever!"

"I love you too." Kyle replied.

After that the two of them just sit there staring at each other not saying anything.

Hi guys thanks for the lovely comments again. Anyway here's the next chapter and it is a short chapter

what with the last two being really long.

Chapter 40

Outside the tent

The other teens had gathered around the campfire after thinking it was best to leave Kyle and Phoebe alone.

"I wonder what that was all about." April said out loud.

"Seriously?" Casey asked her.

"Well I know we have established that he is scared of snakes."

"You think?"

"What I was wondering is no one goes into a full on panic attack like that if it was just a simple thing as seeing the snake and thinking it's real."

"April has a point Casey no one, no matter if they are scared of them or not should freak out the way Kyle did." Xavier said to his friend.

"Something has to have happened in the past for him to react like that." Tamara agreed with her friends. "Casey, do you know anything?"

"Why would I know anything?" Casey said to her angrily.

"Well you are his brother and the two of you are pretty close."

"Yeah well up and till recently I didn't know Kyle was in foster care and I didn't know he was afraid of snakes."

"Okay, everyone just calm down." Sasha said as she could tell the situation was getting heated.

Suddenly Phoebe appeared out of know where.

"Is Kyle ok?" Evie asked her friend.

"Yeah he's fine, I've left him to get changed." Phoebe replied.

"Why did he react the way he did?" Casey asked worried about his brother.

Before speaking, Phoebe decided it would be best not to mention anything about Kyle's medical condition: "Turns out he was bit by a snake when he was 6 and he has been scared ever since."

"Well that makes sense as to why he freaked out the way he did." Maddy said happily.

Casey turned from looking at Maddy and noticed Phoebe looking worried: "Pheebs, are you sure that's all it is and there isn't anything else to the story?"

"Yeah that's all it is." Phoebe replied.

Before anyone had a chance to quiz her more, Kyle exited the tent and walked over to them.

"So who is coming with me then to get the rock climbing stuff?" Kyle asked, acting like nothing happened.

"I am." Aden replied to the guy who over time had become his best friend.

"Cool, let's go before the activity centre shuts." Kyle said.

With that the two friends walked away as the teens all said goodbye.

Chapter 41

At the Campsite

While Kyle and Aden were on their way to the activity centre the other teens resumed their conversation on Kyle's fear of snakes.

"So Phoebe, what exactly did Kyle say to you?" Belle asked her.

"Well he basically told me that getting bit by the snake was his fault." Phoebe told them all.

"How was it his fault? You said he told you that he was 6 years old when it happened." Maddy asked Phoebe.

"Yeah he was only 6 when it happened but he said to me that he went in his foster brother's bedroom when he wasn't meant to and..."

"Hold up! Kyle was in foster care at the age of 6?" Casey said to Phoebe with a look of surprise.

"Yeah he said that he had been with them for two months when he got bit."

"I didn't realise he was that young when he was foster care." Casey spoke "It seems like he had been in foster care all his life before he came to us."

"He never actually told me how he ended up in the foster care system." Phoebe said as she got up and walked away from her friends.

Watching her leave, Matt asked the others: "Do you think she's ok?"

Maddy replied: "I don't think so. Maybe me and Tamara should go and talk to her."

"Let me talk to her." Casey said as he got and followed Phoebe.

Just Outside The Teen's Campsite

Phoebe who was usually so stronger was sat on a tree trunk (that had fallen over at some point in the last couple of months) crying over everything that her boyfriend had told her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Casey asked her noticing that she was obviously crying about something.

"Yeah I'm fine Casey. Go back to the others, I just need a minute." Phoebe replied to her boyfriend's brother.

"No you're not Pheebs. It's obvious."

"Okay I'm not alright."

"What's wrong then?"

"I guess Casey that I just realised that there's a lot about Kyle that I don't know."

"That's funny because I was thinking the same thing."

"Really?"

"Really. I mean me and Kyle over the last couple of years of him being here in Summer Bay, have become really close and I thought I knew everything about him but since coming on this trip I feel like I don't even know him at all."

"I get what you mean, it's like when you think you know everything about him you find out more stuff. I know that I knew he was in foster care but I didn't know he was in the system when he was 6 years old."

"Hang on you knew he was in foster care but didn't tell anyone?!"

"Yeah I didn't know when I first met him because the house he lived and the people he lived with he called mum and sister but five months into our relationship he decided to tell me the truth."

"So even you thought that they were his real mum and sister?"

"Yeah, hang on how do you know about Danielle and Callie?"

"I have over heard him on the phone to the quite a few times and he said mum so I just assumed."

"Nosey little Braxton aren't you."

"Yep and don't you forget it." Casey laughed.

After that the two of them sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Phoebe spoke: "Casey do you think one day we will eventually know everything about Kyle like he does about us lot?"

"I do hope so. I think it's just going to take time for Kyle to trust us enough to reveal everything, I mean he has just started trusting Brax enough."

"What do you mean?"

"Well yesterday morning before we got ready and left the house to come and meet you lot so we could come here, he told Brax that the guitar was the best present ever since getting the old one from one of his foster families."

"SO you found out this morning about him being in foster care."

"Yeah but that was the first I had heard of it. I figured Brax might have known and chose not to tell me as it was Kyle's secret to share not his."

"Okay."

With that Casey and Phoebe just sat thinking about what else there is to know about Kyle that they don't already know like:

How did he end in foster care?

Did he have any other siblings?

Was everything family he lived with nice or were they bad?

Hi guys thanks for the lovely comments again. Anyway here's the next chapter and it is a short chapter as it only meant to be a filler and i'm having to rewrite this chapter from memory.

Chapter 42

At the Campsite

As soon as Casey and Phoebe had finished their conversation and just sat in silence for a bit they headed back into the campsite, where the others were still discussing Kyle and what Phoebe had told them.

"Hey guys, I need to tell you all something else about Kyle." Phoebe said as her and Casey approached them.

"What else is there to tell us?" Tamara asked her.

"Well its about what happens if Kyle gets bit by a snake."

"Go on then what will happen?" Casey asked.

Sensing the worry in his voice she said: "Well if he gets bit by another snake he could have an allergic reaction and a very bad one at that."

"Oh god! I didn't actually know you can have an allergic reaction to snake bit." Sasha replied.

"Neither did I until he told me."

"So I guess we know why he freaked out the way he did. Not only was he afraid of snakes because it had bit but because if he does get bit by one he can suffer an allergic reaction."

"Yep!" Phoebe replied.

"Does this mean you are all going to stop with these stupid pranks that could end up potentially harming someone?" Oscar asked the girls.

"Yeah we will." The girls all agreed.

Once they had agreed about stopping with the pranks the guys went to get ready praying they wouldn't find a real snake in the tent this time.

Archived