Are you looking forward to 2000-2005?

Skylover

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait until Leah arrives!.

I look at 2000 as a transition year as we have 7 mainstays characters all on the show at once. Leah/Sally/Irene/Ailsa/Colleen/Alf/Donald. For the first 12 years we had  Alf/Ailsa/Donald/Sally as mainstay characters and then for next 12 years we have Alf/Irene/Colleen/Leah as mainstay characters.

I think I'll enjoy watching up until 2001. I still enjoyed the show back in 2001 but not to the point that I want to re watch it all again from 01-onwards. Perhaps I'll change my mind in five years time because it will be almost 20 years old (might want to watch for the nostalgia) but at the moment I'm not really interested in watching that era again.

I liked up until the end of 2000 - I've said time and time again that Ailsa's death, the end of the original diner and Pippa selling Summer Bay House truly signaled the end of an era. I continued to watch up until just after episode 4000 (unnecessarily killing off Chloe was the final straw for me!) but I had lost my enthusiasm for the show.

2000-2004 was very much the Sutherland era, just like 2011-2015 was the Braxton era, and truth be told, I couldn't stand any of them apart from Shelley, who was the first to leave, and Max, who joined the family much later. There were some good characters during these era, such as Leah and Vinnie, Noah, Jude, Charlotte, Sally and Flynn (ironically, this was only period where I actually liked Sally as a character), Donald, Irene and Seb (before he became needy and obsessive).

I liked Kirsty during 2008-2009 but not sure I liked her or the Sutherlands during this era, I'd still really like to see these episodes though. I'm more curious about 1998 and 1999 but I still want to see 2000-2005. I bet Vinnie is great and I'd like to see the episodes again where Ailsa was re-cast.

To me 2000 is a really special year as it kick started a new era of nostalgia with early years returnees on a regular basis for the first half of the decade. Within the first half of the year we had Lance, Greg and Celia all returning for the first time since their initial stints. Then of course there's the wonderful reunion for Sally's wedding and all the nostalgia of the last night at Summer Bay House. I already have the latter in my collection, but I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing the earlier returns again. Ailsa also has some really strong stuff before her death: Shauna, and returning to the house where she killed her father (although sadly not played by Judy Nunn due to her illness).

2001-2005 I would still be interested to see again, although to a lesser extent. There are still plenty of treats for those who love the nostalgia: flashbacks of Alan Fisher, Marilyn in London, Ailsa's return due to Alf's brain tumour, etc. I have some of these episodes already but there's still quite a lot I haven't seen since the first time around.

If I recall, the early years originally began on Channel 7 in 1998 (and ended around 2001ish), so I imagine that prompted the nostalgic returns we had in those years, such as Celia, Morag, Frank, Carly, Lance, Steven and even possibly Colleen.

Who's looking forward to seeing Brodie Hanson again? She was by far the most annoying character in that era, yet all the boys (Mitch, Miles, Alex, the guy that was obsessed with her and brought a gun to school) thought she was brilliant <_<

7 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I imagine that prompted the nostalgic returns we had in those years, such as Celia, Morag, Frank, Carly, Lance, Steven and even possibly Colleen.

I think Morag's return was prompted by Cornelia's return to fame on The Weakest Link.

Archived