The Bateman's Arrive In Summer Bay

Homeandawayfan.

continued.......

EXT, BEACH, SUMMER BAY, MORNING.

Jimmy is walking along the beach and sees Kat Chapman.

KAT Sir, that man you got into an altercation with last night outside the diner, well he is detained in custody on some other charges. CCTV saw him in Yabbie Creek trying to rob a CD shop.

JIMMY Oh right, thanks.

KAT So you from round here then?

JIMMY No, I am an old Nam friend of Alf Stewart. I am staying at the caravan park. I have a son who is an adult and a divorced daughter. They are exploring Summer Bay today.

KAT Oh right, well I shall let you get on then sir.

Jimmy is walking along and is being watched by the other person Brett Hubbard was with when they tried to damage the diner last night. He makes a call on his mobile.

BRETT'S MATE Hi Iggy, yeah the old man is walking along the beach near the surf club. That female copper is nearby so wait until she is gone, then follow him. He made a citizens arrest and assaulted Brett then got Brett arrested last night, and also Brett was then identified as the man robbing the shop in Yabbie Creek. He could go down. So make sure you beat the old man up bad, or you will not get the $100.

Jimmy is walking along the beach and is now being followed by 2 tattooed thugs. Kat walks towards the surf club. The 2 men start chasing Jimmy. Brett's mate is stood in the dunes smiling but Kat sees the commotion. The 2 men pounce on Jimmy but Kat intervenes, and the 2 thugs run off. 

BRETT'S MATE No!!!!!!!!! Damn. Damn, Damn!!!

KAT You alright Sir?

JIMMY Yeah, they barely touched me. Lucky you saw it.

KAT probably some of Hubbard's men. I shall get backup and see if we can pull them in.

To be continued........

• 3 months later...

continued.........

EXT, SUMMER BAY BEACH.

Kat Chapman spots the 2 men hurrying away through the dunes, away from the surf club. She gives chase and radios for backup.

KAT Hey!!!!

Kat chases the 2 men through the dunes and into woodland, running over bracken and other vegetation to catch them. They are running towards the Yabbie Creek road. Luckily 2 of Kat's colleagues catch up with them and apprehend them. The 3rd person keeps well back but can see what is happening.

INT, SUMMER BAY HOUSE, 1 HOUR LATER.

Jimmy is sat at Summer Bay House with Alf, Leah, Zac, Hunter, and Jimmy's children.

KAT Well we apprehended the 2 men. They are in custody.

JIMMY Perhaps my visit here was not so good after all. I should be heading back tomorrow.

KAT Well if you feel that is the right thing sir.

JIMMY Only come to Summer Bay to see Alf my old Nam friend and am getting hounded by hoons.

SHARON Dad don;t let them win. No need to cut your trip short. By the way me and Nick, well we have our own lives but have taken time off work to join you.

JIMMY yeah I suppose so.

KAT The 2 men did admit they know Brett Hubbard. At least it makes our job easier knowing they are one of his men. Not yet come across any other people involved.

ALF Jeez we had the Braxtons and Barrett's now this flamin lot. 40 years ago the most dramatic thing to happen in Summer Bay was me mislaying my fishing rod and having to look for it. I blame the bushfire of 1995, the first big disaster to hit this once quiet backwater.

To be continued..........

• 2 months later...

continued........

INT. SUMMER BAY HOUSE.

Alf answers the door to 2 male policemen. One, PC Slater, is played by Jeff Kovski (Neighbours, Blue Heelers) and one played by Ashley Paske (Also once in Neighbours). 

PC SLATER Can I speak to Mr James Handel Bateman please?

Leah almost chokes on her cuppa at the funny middle name of James. James is embarrassed.

PC SLATER Nothing to worry about Sir but we would just like you to take a statement.

PC SLATER Just to clarify a few things.

JIMMY Yeah OK. Can we use the hallway Alf?

ALF You don't have to ask Jimmy.

JIMMY (lightening the mood). Now you all know my middle name hey?

ALF Lucky our old Nam friends never looked at his army documents while out there hey?

Jimmy, PC Slater and PC Smith exit to the hallway.

SHARON Dad has a hard time forgetting the army.

ALF Well you can have counselling but it will never fully go away. Anyway Summer Bay does feel like it is cursed.

SHARON What was this about a bushfire?

ALF Oh it was, what, 20 years ago now, I think 1995, so 21 years. It ripped through Summer Bay and destroyed the school and many houses. The estranged husband of a local resident was found dead and a young girl was a suspect but a bank statement from the victim cleared her. He had apparently made advances to her as she was a mate of his teen children Damo and Finlay. So she was a suspect naturally but was cleared. His real killer was some guy nicknamed Dodge. Anyway enough of the history lesson.

Jimmy and the 2 cops exit from the hallway.

PC SLATER Thanks Mr Bateman, we now have everything we need.

to be continued.......

Jeff Kovski, once played Raimondo Cammenitti in Neighbours would be great in H&A so this fic has him cast as a copper.