The Bateman's Arrive In Summer Bay

Homeandawayfan.

Title- The Bateman's Arrive In Summer Bay

Type of story- Medium

Main Characters- Alf Stewart, Roo Stewart, Leah Patterson Baker, Zac MacGuire, Evie MacGuire, Hunter King, Olivia Fraser, John Palmer, Marilyn, Irene Roberts (and new characters as follows) Jimmy Bateman, Nick Bateman and Sharon Ramsay (formerly Bateman).

Genre- Family, PTSD and some violence

Rating- (Err, stuck on this, Violence is included in the fic)

Warnings - Violence

Summary- Bruce Kilpatrick is cast as Jimmy Bateman, an old army friend of Alf. Kate Gorman plays Sharon, a divorced daughter of Jimmy and Simon Kay plays Nick Bateman the son. Jimmy comes to Summer Bay to see Alf Stewart.

No spoilers. 

Right this is my new fanfic. The Bateman's arrive in Summer Bay. I would love to see veteran Aussie actor Bruce Kilpatrick in H&A and have worked on a character he can play, Jimmy Bateman, an old Nam vet friend of Alf, and this fanfic charts the new Bateman family, who arrived in Summer Bay in December 2016. This is my only on going fanfic at the moment and I shall try to keep it going frequently with updates.

EXT, DECEMBER 2016, SUMMER BAY HOUSE.

Alf is getting his fishing gear ready. He is interrupted by Hunter shouting down the phone to Olivia. He hangs up on her.

ALF Strewth, you two having another barmy are you?

HUNTER Women hey?

ALF Yeah. Nothing but trouble hey?

ROO Excuse me dad.

ALF Present company excepted.

ROO (Jokes) Oh yeah sugar coat it hey.

ALF Roo, I wanted to say I have an old Nam friend coming to stay in the Bay at the caravan park for a while. Jimmy Bateman. He has 2 grown up children, his son Nick has never married and looks after his father due to his PTSD from Vietnam and a daughter Sharon, who is divorced and her kids live in the city.

HUNTER Not another Nam vet.

ALF Cut that out boy, you kids don't know the half of it.

HUNTER I am off, see you later.

ALF Don't be late back for dinner.

Hunter leaves.

ROO Dont be too hard on him dad.

ALF Why not, he gets a bit big for his boots at times.

ROO So how old is your friend Jimmy?

ALF He will be 70 sometime next year. 2 years younger than me. May be a long shot but I wonder if he knew Danny King and Tom Fletcher?

ROO Tom and Pippa, those were the days. I remember when him and Pippa had all those hoons living with them, especially that Carly. Although she matured into a nice woman I heard. I came back long after she left.

ALF I shall ask him if he knew them, we both signed up at the same time. He was in a village in Nam which was shelled. I helped some of the villagers. 50 years on and it sends chill down my spine. Danny King was Tom's brother in law, remember? He died about 10 years ago. He was wounded in Nam and was in that wheelchair, remember?

ROO Oh yes, he was going to throw himself off the cliff.

To be continued.........

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to The Bateman's Arrive In Summer Bay

continued.......

STOCK SHOT OF DINER WITH THE JETTY AT SUMMER BAY BEACH.

Irene and Maz are serving customers.

IRENE You know I still cannot work them 2 out. Hunter and Olivia.

MAZ Young love hey? Me and John are stable at least.

IRENE Hey buster's (to 2 customers playing catch with a bottle of beer) this is not a play house.

The customers laugh. A man walks into the diner. He is late 60's, tall, with short brown hair. He glances menacingly at the customers to behave.

IRENE Yes sir what can I get you?

MAN Latte please? I am looking for Summer Bay House?

MARILYN Do you know anyone there then?

MAN Yes, I am Jimmy Bateman, an old friend of Alf Stewart.

IRENE Oh Alf Stewart?

JIMMY Yeah, we were together in Vietnam. I am staying at a hotel in Yabbie Creek.

MARILYN Yes, sure, as you come out the way you come in, there is a road which has a sign saying "Summer Bay High School and Summer Bay Caravan Park". Follow that road for about 300 yards then turn left and you will come to Summer Bay House. It is surrounded by woodland. About a 15 minute walk from here.

JIMMY Thanks.

Irene gives Jimmy his latte. He sits down.

MARILYN Dashing man, he must be about Alf's age if he was in Nam with him. Oh yes, I know one of the young lads playing catch with the bottle a minute ago.

IRENE Oh yeah.

MARILYN Brett Hubbard. He is the son of Richard Hubbard, who was at Summer Bay High with me. Richard once dated a girl called Alison Patterson, who left a few months after I arrived in Summer Bay. I heard about this through Roo and my ex Don Fisher.

IRENE Oh Flathead?

MARILYN Richard died in a car crash a few years ago. Brett Hubbard seems to be a bit of a hoon. He is rumoured to have links with Darryl Braxton.

IRENE Oh no. Not more friends of that lot?

To be continued.................