Wasted and missed opportunities

adam436

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:17 AM, joany208121 said:

I think we could have had more pregnancy storylines to facilitate further characters in the future.

Could Ailsa or Pippa had another child (maybe not have Dale die), or even Leah, Hayley or Sally? 

Or perhaps we should have had Ryan Baker stay on with Leah

Pippa apparently had a daughter with Ian in 1999, who has not been named or mentioned since 2000.

On 19/10/2016 at 8:12 PM, harrietjames said:

He's had 2 die on him, just as bad as Leah!

I guess it depends on who it was - if they paired him up with Irene, for example, they'd have been happily married for over a decade. I don't think it would be that unbelievable for something more to have developed between Alf and Irene after Ailsa died (though that ship has well and truly sailed now!), as long as it happened over a prolonged period and not just within months of her dead, like Sally with Brad. It worked for John and Marilyn - they were friends for years and fell in love after Gina passed away.

On the other hand, if they paired him with Beth for example (instead of with Rhys), then he'd have been widowed for a third time in 2007, which I'd imagine would put the writers off ever doing it again.

I like that he hasn't had another wife. To pair him off with Irene would have been boring and predictable. When they do that with the teenagers its bad enough, the worse being pairing Scott and hayley off just because Dani and Noah left. 

Chatacters don't always have to be in a relationship to make them interesting. There are single people out there and it's nice they're represented. 

5 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I like that he hasn't had another wife. To pair him off with Irene would have been boring and predictable. When they do that with the teenagers its bad enough, the worse being pairing Scott and hayley off just because Dani and Noah left. 

Chatacters don't always have to be in a relationship to make them interesting. There are single people out there and it's nice they're represented. 

Agree you dont have to be the IT couple to be noticed, You need someone fans can relate to and feel they know that person in real life as I have some.

Ironic that Leah ran from her home town to summer bay to get out of a wedding only to have three there. 

Just now, Blaxland 89 said:

Ironic that Leah ran from her home town to summer bay to get out of a wedding only to have three there. 

An opportunity missed for me is not having Leah and VJ involved with Leah's family more. Would like to see her parents and brothers in the bay more. They could have been very good guest characters over the years. Also keeping Stella on as a guestie would have worked. 

Archived