Sasha/Rosie

Rosie? Was she the one who was raped? Sorry fuzzy memory. I actually thought they were setting up Sasha and Natalie lol, for a second. But as for Sasha and Rosie. I never felt any sign they were heading their. I liked Rosie though, they keep loosing potentially great characters, like Skye recently. 

Whilst Rosie was VERY clingy with Sash, i never thought she was into Sasha in THAT way.

It's like Tabitha and Olivia at the moment ....as much as would like for those 2 to get together, i know H&A won't go there, and it looks like Tabitha is behaving the way she is because of this whole thing with her sister.     

Back to Rosie & Sasha, i LOVED their friendship ... the scene where Rosie told Sash her sitch, and the subsequent : Sasha -  "Stand up", Rosie - "Why?" Sash "Just do it" and Rosie's "Maybe things could be better" whilst Sasha gave her the BIGGEST, most wondefully heartfelt hug EVER ......... yeah, LOVED that scene .......

and the way their bond was further enhanced after Rosie was raped. LOVED Rosie. STILL miss her.     

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 1

Never saw any romance tendencies between Rosie and Sasha. Rosie was just desperate in need for a friend. And she was a lot into Spencer. 

If they ever will do a gay storyline again, then I really hope it will be a well build storyline with realistic characters, and not something which is done just for sensationalism and attention. 

Characters suddenly turning gay isn't the way to do it. 

I never thought of them romantically though I did like the friendship.Rosie fell into the increasingly large group of interesting characters that didn't stick around long.They don't seem capable of writing for anyone who actually has a personality for more then 5 minutes.

• Like 1

In a way, I think it didn't matter what you labelled their relationship. I must admit, despite the feeling of "Yeah, like the show would ever do that", it was certainly a possibility.I always got a bit of a gay vibe from Sasha (it's just me, I got much the same from Ruby, who despite her later reputation also stayed a virgin a lot longer than average...probably because they were both 15 when they first appeared):She'd had sex like, once, with Casey and her relationships had all been fairly disastrous.Rosie liking boys seemed to come from the same place as her liking Sasha, latching onto someone to stop herself being alone.I don't know if anyone's familiar with the Sophie/Sian relationship from Corrie, where you had two girls of around the same age who'd been just friends and had had boyfriends slowly becoming closer, to use the euphemism, and it evolving naturally from friendship to a relationship.(And they've stuck with it: Sophie's still on the show and still gay.)I get that some people "always" know they're gay, with others it's a slow realisation during adolescence and they have heterosexual relationships up until then because that's what they were expecting to do.Frankly, around that time a Sasha/Rosie relationship seemed a lot more plausible and natural than the Sasha/Spencer relationship we ended up with.

As it is, we got a sweet friendship which was as good as a relationship (I wholeheartedly share JT's love of the hug scene) ...and then Rosie got abruptly written out just as she'd been given a potentially interesting storyline (...which oddly they now seem to have given to Billie, albeit with added "pretending someone else is the father" complication) and Sasha got to spend a couple of years being a bit pointless and getting stuck in plot-driven relationships. Oh well.

• Like 2

Hm.. In a way I liked Sasha and Spencer, but it felt a bit pointless since he was leaving. And Sasha felt pointless to me after the other Walkers left, she should have left with them. I think her relationship with Matt was completely pointless, it felt like they reversed her a bit.

But I don't understand why a character can both have a good friend and a boyfriend/girlfriend at the same time. Miss the days of Mathilda and Cassie... And Rosie and Sasha was wasted potential. I liked Rosie, but thought the pregnancy was unnecessary. Would have liked to see her in a foster care with some of the Bay's main characters. I have always thought she should have stayed with Irene. 

But Rosie was just one of those guest characters during the last years that had bigger potential and was more interesting that the main characters. There have been too many of those. And it feel pointless, just when we start to connect to the character they disappear from the show. 

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

.I don't know if anyone's familiar with the Sophie/Sian relationship from Corrie, where you had two girls of around the same age who'd been just friends and had had boyfriends slowly becoming closer, to use the euphemism, and it evolving naturally from friendship to a relationship.(And they've stuck with it: Sophie's still on the show and still gay.)I get that some people "always" know they're gay, with others it's a slow realisation during adolescence and they have heterosexual relationships up until then because that's what they were expecting to do.Frankly, around that time a Sasha/Rosie relationship seemed a lot more plausible and natural than the Sasha/Spencer relationship we ended up with.

As it is, we got a sweet friendship which was as good as a relationship (I wholeheartedly share JT's love of the hug scene) ...and then Rosie got abruptly written out just as she'd been given a potentially interesting storyline (...which oddly they now seem to have given to Billie, albeit with added "pretending someone else is the father" complication) and Sasha got to spend a couple of years being a bit pointless and getting stuck in plot-driven relationships. Oh well.

That Corrie 'ship reminds me a little of Amy & Karma in US drama "Faking It", the 1st season of which aired for the 1st time on Aussie free to air TV [screened in the US in 2013 or 14] recently. Anyway, Amy & Karma are BFFs who were mistakenly outed as lesbians. They got popular at school cos of it ......but when they kissed in public, Amy realised she loves Karma in a more than just friends way.   

Edited by JosieTash