Marry Me?

Suzza101

So Phoebe's having second thoughts? :wacko:

Poor Kyle! Feel so bad for him :( Lucky Heath's mate was there and that the boys showed up when they did. It certainly wasn't looking good for Kyle up until that point. It sounds like Phoebe may have said the worst thing possible and I'm worried now about what Kyle's going to do. Hope he doesn't hurt himself.

Hope you have a good trip tomorrow and enjoy your break too! x

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Kristen ~JarlieFanEver~ and Ludub for your comments

WARNING contains mentions of attempted suicide, bullying and has swearing. 

Chapter 8

Ricky sat next to Phoebe. 

"What did you say that makes you think that he won't want to marry you anymore?" She asks. 

"The worst possible thing, Rick." Phoebe mumbles. 

"What?" Bianca asks. 

"I said that his parents didn't love each other and neither did mine so we don't know the first thing about marriage, I also mentioned that they only slept together once." Pheobe sighs. 

Bianca sits next to her. 

"Okay that's kind of brutal, but it won't stop him loving you." She smiles. 

"Yeah I mean, Kyle adores you, he'll forgive you, the boys always give him a hard time about his family he takes it as a joke then." Ricky smiles. 

"You two don't know the full story." Pheobe mumbles. 

"Then tell us." Ricky smiles. 

"You'll hate me." Pheobe frowns. 

"What no we won't." Ricky smiles. 

"You should." Pheobe grunts. 

"Why it can't be that bad." Bianca frowns. 

"No, it really is." Pheobe moans. 

"Please explain Phebs," Bianca begs. 

"Okay as you know I'm basically 2 years older than Kyle. But he was in my year because he was too smart for his year and the school thought that he would be challenged better in the year above. Jake Lyon was the coolest guy in school, he lived in practically a mansion, his dad was a millionaire and he had a Ferrari at the age of only 13 which his personal driver took him to school in. I really wanted to be in his group cause everyone did, he was Jake Lyon. You know teenage girls they will do anything to fit in." Pheobe sighs. 

"Pheobe what's this got to do with Kyle?" Ricky asks. 

"I'm getting there. Okay so even though Jake was the coolest kid in school already he still had to pick on kids smaller than him, just to prove his superiority. One of those kids was Kyle, he was three years older than Kyle but only in the year above. So of course Kyle being smart made him a target. Jake bullied Kyle for 3 years until he left school but even then the damage wasn't done, all the bullying and teasing made Kyle the laughing stock of the school. Even the year 9s laughed at him. " Pheobe sighs. 

"Poor Kyle but Phebs you're still not explaining what this has to do with what you said," Ricky sighs. 

"I got into Jakes group not only that I became his girlfriend this was just as Kyle came up a year. Jake bullied him relentlessly and I was there. The one thing that Jake always said to Kyle was 'go kill yourself you little baby loser. No one loves you. You're a foster kid!!!! Even before you were you didn't know love, you were a mistake. Your parents hated each other and they hate you.' Every day they said stuff to him like that humiliated him and I did nothing to stop it. One day Kyle didn't come to school and everyone just thought he must have been sick, he wasn't. He was in the hospital, he had lost a lot of blood. He cut himself." Pheobe mumbles. 

"Wait..... he tried to commit suicide." Bianca gasps. 

Pheobe nods. 

What happened to the kid, Jake?" Ricky asks. 

"Nothing. That was only in the first year of bullying. Kyle was 12 I had just turned 14 and Jake was 15" Pheobe sighs. 

"Please tell me you dumped him." Bianca sighs. 

"No, all I wanted to be was popular, I'm disgusted with myself." Pheobe sighs.

"YOU WENT BACK WITH THE KID THAT NEARLY KILLED KYLE!!!!" Bianca screams. 

Pheobe was taken back, Bianca had never yelled at her before. 

"I was a kid." Pheobe protests. 

"So was Kyle and he nearly died a kid." Bianca hisses. 

"Look I'm sorry, okay, but I love Kyle and he loves me." Pheobe sighs. 

"How'd he even fall in love with you with you being his bullies girlfriend," Ricky asks, the calm one out of the two for once. 

"Well when Kyle was 14, I was 16 and Jake was 17. Jake was getting more brutal with his bullying he being physical. He would punch Kyle over and over again. He shoved him in lockers. Do all the normal bully things, one day I knew he had had too much and I stopped Jake, and even though Jake still bullied Kyle every day from then on Kyle called me his angel." Pheobe sighs. 

Flashback

14-year-old Kyle Bennett was walking outside to have morning tea when he was pulled inside the boy's bathroom. 

"Hey, Baby Bennett." Jake Lyon sneers down at him. 

"Just leave me alone Jake." Kyle mumbles. 

"What you say orphan." Jake glares at Kyle shoving him against a wall. 

"Leave me alone," Kyle begs. 

"No, I'll never leave you alone you are too fun to mess with." Jake laughs. 

"Just leave me alone you d*ck." Kyle hisses. 

"What you say to me wuss?" Jake glares. 

"Nothing." Kyle mumbles. 

"Issac, Carter," Jake calls. 

Kyle swallows hard as Jakes biggest goons come out of the toilets.

"Kylie needs to cool off." Jake laughs.

Before he can run, Carter grabs him around the waist and carries him into a toilet stall.

"This will teach you for being a pathetic baby nerd." Jake laughs as Carter and Issac shove his head in the toilet and flush. 

They did this about 5 times. 

"You learned you lesson Baby." Jake sneers. 

Kyle nods his head shivering. 

"Here dry yourself, we don't want the teachers asking questions." Jake laughs chucking a towel at Kyle, he was a normal sized 15-year-old but he was no match for three 17-year-olds Kyle dryer his hair till it was only a little wet. 

"We got 10 minutes Jake." Carter smiles. 

"Well, that changed my plans. Issac holds him but firstly get his shirt off first Carter." Jake smiles. 

Kyle shoved Carter away from him and made a run for the door when he was stopped by Issac who he punched in the face only to be stopped by Jake. 

"That was close Kyle, but not close enough." Jake laughs as both Carter and Issac get up.

Carter pulls his shirt off and Issac holds him tight with his arms behind his back. 

Jake wets the end of the towel and whips it so it bruises Kyle's abdominal. 

"Ahhhhh." Kyle cries but Jake keeps whipping him till the bell rings. 

"See you at Lunch." They laugh. 

Kyle put on his shirt and walked out to the hallway. He saw Jake kiss his girlfriend Phoebe Nicholson. They used to kind of be friends, she used to talk to him in some of their classes but since she started dating Jake that all stopped. Kyle thought she was beautiful. Jake walks past and bangs him into a locker. 

Jake laughs and high fives his mates. 

Kyle walked into maths plummeting into his seat. 

When lunch time came around Kyle was nervous, he walked sneakily past all the doors to the boy's bathroom but wasn't ready when he was dragged behind the school. 

This time Jakes whole crew of 5 were there as well as Pheobe. 

"Bennett." Jake grins. 

"What to start with boss?" Carter asks. 

"Billy chuck him here please." Jake grins. 

Billy shoves Kyle at Jake. 

"To start with wet willy." Jake laughs. 

Kyle cringes as Jake gives him a wet willy. 

"Next pink belly." Jake laughs. 

"Baby just take his money and leave him I'm bored." Pheobe groans. 

Jake sneers down at Kyle. 

"You heard her, Money now." He hisses. Kyle hands him the $10 note he had for lunch. 

Kyle stared at Pheobe as they all left she had minimized his bullying for the day, she was his angel.

end of Flashback

"Well do you hate me?" Pheobe asks.

Heyyyyy turns out I did have time to update. 

Should Bianca and Ricky hate Phoebe? 

What do you guys think? 

Poor Kyle :unsure: It shows how forgiving Kyle is that he can fall in love with a girl who was once one of his bullies. She knew how badly her boyfriend was treating Kyle, and how far things had gone with the suicide attempt, and yet she still stayed with the guy. She was even there when he was picking on him. Sad that he saw what Phoebe did, (getting Jake to take his money) as her coming to his rescue. Low self esteem or what?! Phoebe has a lot to make up for and she should be ashamed of herself for reopening old wounds with the comments about his parents and him being the result of a one night stand. Pretty cruel given their history. Don't think Ricky and Bianca should hate her, but I'm not sure she deserves their sympathy either. Great chapter, looking forward to the next chapter x

Thank you, Kristen ~JarlieFanEver~ and Ludub for your comments. 

Warning ⚠️  use of some minor bad language. 

Chapter 9

The girls didn't know what to say. 

"No, we don't hate you." Ricky frowns. 

"You guys are the best." Pheobe grins.

"It doesn't mean we don't forgive you." Bianca points out. 

"I was a kid." Phoebe protests. 

"Don't give us that Pheobe you must have known that bullying was wrong." Ricky sighs. 

"I did nothing, I came up with ways for them to stop bullying Kyle." Pheobe moans. 

"You never hit him, not once?" Ricky asks. 

Pheobe opened her mouth and closed it again. 

"How could you Phebs." Bianca moans. 

"I just wanted to fit in." Pheobe grunts. 

"And Kyle didn't." Ricky sighs. 

"It's not like that." Pheobe whines.

"What happened?" Bianca asks. 

"Fine, I'll tell you." Pheobe huffs. 

Flashback. 

15-year-old Kyle Bennett was kicking his football with his best mate Caleb. It had been a week since Pheobe had saved him from being beaten up by his bullies. Caleb kicks it too far to his left. 

"Smooth." Kyle laughs running off to get the ball, he stopped when he saw Jake, Carter, and Isaac another one of Jakes friends standing with Pheobe. 

"Hey, baby Bennett." Jake laughs. 

"What do you want Jake?" Kyle mutters. 

Jake leans over Kyle. 

"You forgot my birthday you little punk. I'll just have to take your ball." He laughs. 

Kyle looked up at him. 

"No please, it's the last thing my mum gave to me," Kyle begs. 

"Does it look like I care." Jake laughs. 

Kyle tackled Jake to the ground and punched him in the face twice.

He was pulled off by Issac and puts him in a headlock.

"Oi let him go!" Caleb yells. 

"Well well well. It's the faggot." Carter laughs. 

"Back off douchebag." Kyle hisses. 

"Ky!" Caleb yells. 

"Ouch, that hurt." Carter sneers. 

"Yeah it even hurt me, which means you are so dead." Jake laughs. 

He pulls Kyle away from Isaac and holds his arms back. 

"Babe hit him." Jake grins at Phoebe. 

"Why?" Pheobe asks. 

"Cause he's a loser." Issac laughs, 

"Pheobe please don't, he's never done anything to hurt anyone," Caleb begs. 

"Shut up faggot, or we'll beat you up as well." Issac hisses. 

"Faggots a bad word douchebag, yeah I'm gay so what." Caleb hisses. 

Jake picks Kyle up.

"you call any of us a douche bag again and little Kylie here will have to take a trip to the hospital." Jake laughs letting Kyle down but still holding on to him. 

"Come on baby, make me proud." Jake laughs. 

Pheobe didn't know what to do. 

"What? You don't like the freak do you?" Jake asks. 

"Pfft no, why would I." Pheobe laughs. 

Kyle looked up at Pheobe his eyes begging for her to help him. 

"Then punch him, don't worry no one will find out he's never said a word to any teachers you won't get in trouble." Jake laughs. 

"Come on Jake you make his life a misery, every single day. Can you give him a break for once." Caleb begs. 

"No cause he was put on this earth to be a punching dummy I'm just making use of it." Jake laughs. 

Pheobe looks at Kyle and slams a punch into his eye. 

"Ahhh." Kyle moans. 

"You like that Bennett." Jake laughs hissing in his ear. 

Pheobe liked the power she has over Kyle and punches him again and again over and over again sending him to the floor. 

"Good stuff baby, you get hotter and hotter each second." Jake grins kissing Pheobe. 

He turns to Kyle. 

"Looks like we've both been beaten up by girls today aye Kylie." Jake laughs. 

They all walk off, laughing with each other like nothing happened. 

Caleb helps Kyle to his feet. 

"They took my ball. It's the only thing I had left of her." Kyle mumbles. 

"They're douchebags, Kyle. And Pheobe well turns out she is as much of a monster as they are." Celeb sighs. 

Kyle looked at where Pheobe and the boys were. 

"I can't get my mind off her." Kyle sighs.

End of Flashback 

"Seriously Phebs, you beat him up." Ricky grunts.

"Look Jake was the type of guy that could make or break your high school life. If he liked you, your high school life was magical, you got perks but if he hated you well a lot of times you would end up in a locker, in a trash can or having your money taken off of you. I didn't want that, if I had said no, Jake would have treated me the same as he treated Kyle. Like dirt. In the first year of bullying, Kyle spent more time in his locker than he did the lunch area, I didn't want that." Pheobe whines.

"Well, you're lucky you had a choice." Bianca hisses. 

She marches off away from the beach. 

"Just stay away Phebs. Kyle is obviously hurt and your backstory doesn't help. You have a lot of making up to do." Ricky hisses and follows Bianca. 

"Rick please don't tell the boys," Pheobe begs. 

"Phoebe you bullied their brother I don't care how long ago it was it happened and the boys have a right to know." Ricky sighs.

"But then they will hate me the whole town will." Pheobe whines.

"Pheobe what you did was wrong, how could you do something like that to someone who never hurt you." Ricky moans. 

"He did it as well!!!!! Casey never hurt him!! And he tries to kill him, he's worse than me." Pheobe hisses.

"You know what Phebs think what you like because at the moment I'm done caring. There's a big difference between bullying someone to the point of attempting suicide because you had nothing else better to do than make another life miserable and being pushed to breaking point when the only person you have left that you actually love dies and you try to get revenge. I'm not saying that what Kyle did was right because it wasn't and he knows that. But what I'm saying is that Kyle had a much better reason to make another person to pay than you did, and you're the one whining like a spoilt child who has to share her toys with another kid when your dirty little secret comes out. Kyle suffered the consequences  for what he did, so you have to as well." Ricky hisses

Pheobe looks at her hands. 

"Of course your sticking up for him but he's the psychopath." Pheobe hisses. 

Kyle sat on his bed, his head in his hands crying. His girlfriend the one true love of his life. The person he had always loved deep down even when she was part of his bullying. He couldn't explain it, he had always loved her. There was a knock at his door. 

"Hey Mate, leftover pizza. It's your favourite." Heath smiles. 

"Not hungry," Kyle mumbles lying down on his bed.

"Mate, you've got to eat." Heath sighs. 

"No, I don't I survived without food for 2 weeks once," Kyle mumbles pulling his pillow closer. 

"It's unhealthy Kyle." Heath sighs sitting next to his younger brother resting a hand on his shoulder. 

Kyle sits up. 

"Am I a loser?" He asks. 

"What?! No did Pheobe tell you that?" Heath asks. 

"No it's just I must be, I grew up a loser and I'll always be a loser, it's the life that I was given, no point in thinking any different." Kyle mumbles. 

"Kyle you're not a loser okay, you're all I can ask for in a little brother." Heath smiles. 

"Seriously how can you call me a brother all I will do is make this family pathetic." Kyle mumbles. 

He lies on his bed again and sighs. 

"Can I please be left alone?" Kyle asks. 

"Sure here's your pizza." Heath smiles playing with Kyle's hair. Leaving the pizza on Kyle's bed. 

He looks at the pizza. He tries to hear if Heath is outside the door, he isn't he throws the pizza in his bin and climbs back in bed.

He pulls the sheets up high and cuddles them around his chest letting tears come streaming down his face.

"He called himself a loser, he's not in a good way, I can't believe she said no." Heath sighs.

Bianca comes storming in. 

"Well?" Brax asks. 

"Yep she said no and she said that Kyle doesn't know the first thing about marriage because they hardly knew each other let alone loved each other. Where is he I need to hug him?" Bianca asks. 

"SHE SAID WHAT!!!" Brax screams. 

"Ask Ricky I'm too mad, where is he?" Bianca asks. 

"Room." Casey sighs. 

"I can't believe her," Brax grunts burning with anger. As Bianca makes her way to Kyle's room.

What do you think about what Ricky said to Phoebe? 

How will the boys react if they hear the whole story?

Will Kyle get through this? 

Great chapter 

Ricky had the right to say that stuff to Phoebe she hit Kyle.

The boys won't act very well to what happened to Kyle.

I hope Kyle will get through this.

Update again soon :)

Awesome chapter, Suzza101.

I agree with Kristen's comment above.

Ricky and Bianca were right to be angry with Phoebe since she told them what she had done.

And yes Ricky was right to say these stuff to Phoebe

And I can sense the Braxton brothers reacting badly when they hear what had happened to Kyle in the past

Update soon please xx

I'm not sure Kyle and Phoebe should be together under the circumstances :unsure:. It actually sounds like there's an abusive relationship lurking under the surface there. He has seriously low self esteem and Phoebe actually doesn't seem to have that high an opinion of him either. She just called him a psychopath. He fell in love with a girl that beat him up just so she could be cool (and who enjoyed the feeling of power it gave her). I'm not sure that's a particularly healthy basis for a relationship or the kind of person that he needs in his life. If I was his family, I'd probably be doing everything in my power to keep her away from him. Unfortunately, his whole sense of self worth is tied up in her opinion of him. I have a feeling he might hurt himself if they don't keep a close eye on him. 

Loving this story, Suzza! :P x

Archived