Marry Me?

Suzza101

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments.

Chapter 51

12 year old Kyle Bennett was walking up to the high school with his foster siblings Theo Jazmin and Oliver. Kevin had early morning training and Ethan didn't care less about Kyle. 

“Okay mate, keep your head down yea.” Oliver smiles lightly, he was proud of Kyle, he was so smart and he always strived for excellence he was just worried that would cause Kyle to get bullied. 

“Yea I know. Don't get in anyone's way, if I'm told to move out of a seat I should move fast, don't be cheeky, don't nark to the teacher come to you instead and don't use the upstairs toilet under any circumstances.” Kyle sighs. 

“Oh and keep away from Ethan, he's going to be after you.” Jazmin smiles lightly ruffling Kyle's hair.

“I'm really nervous.” Kyle sighs  looking at his older foster siblings. He was honestly shaking with fear. He was a small year 8 so he didn't want to think about how small he would be compared to everyone.

“Hey mate you'll be fine. You've got me, Jaz. Oli and Kev.” Theo smiles lightly at Kyle, but to be honest he was worried about him. He was a quiet kid and he was small, big kids usually went for that type. 

The warning bell rings and Oliver races off, if he was late for class one more time he'd have an afternoon detention. Jazmin went off not long after wanting to have a girl chat before class. 

“See ya pup.” She yells waving goodbye to Kyle and Theo. Kyle looked up and Theo wondering if he had to go as well. 

“I'll take you to the office mate.” Theo smiles ruffling his little foster brothers hair. 

They were walking through the hallway when they saw Ethan giving some much younger kid a wedgie. 

“Hey bros.” He smirks as he hangs the kids underwear on the top of  a locker then shuts the locker door.  
“Let him down.” Theo groans, he always saw Ethan giving this kid a hard time. 

“No way little brother, and I know you won't tell on me or else you'll end up the same way.” Ethan laughs, he always used the fact that he was the bigger one against Theo. 

“Aghhhh.” The kid moans wriggling to try and stop the pain. 

“Shut up Cedric.” Ethan hisses glaring at the younger kid. Who looked in absolute agony. 

“Oi baby you missed your wedgie last night, guess you'll have to have now.” Ethan smirks attempting to reach for Kyle but Theo shoves him away. 

“At home you can do what you want and get grounded but school, Kys out of bounds okay. Don't even go near him, and don't get any of your jerk friends to go after him or I'll tell Mum and Dad that you scratched their car because you were drunk.” Theo hisses staring straight into Ethan's eyes. 

Cedric the kid with the horrible wedgie falls down after his underwear rips and runs away quickly. 

Ethan turns angrily to Theo. 
“Great now I have to chase him to give him his swirly, thanks.” He hisses and he bolts over to were Cedric was running and catches up with him in no time, Kyle and Theo watch as Ethan drags Cedric into the boys bathroom, with Cedric kicking and screaming. 

“Thanks.” Kyle mumbles, he was so luckily to have a brother like Theo but sadly with Theo came Ethan. 

They can just hear Cedric squealing from the bathrooms and decide that they better bolt before Ethan comes after Kyle again. 

“Hey Master Jeffry, now whose this?” The receptionist smiles lightly at Kyle. 

“This is Kyle my brother.” Theo smiles ruffling Kyle's hair. 

“Right, and what can I do for you Master Jeffry.” She smiles. 

“Bennett.” Kyle smiles, he found this amusing because he looked nothing like them, 

“Ahhh, another foster brother.” She grins. “And how old are you sweetie?” She asks thinking that this kid looked way to young to be in high school. 

“Twelve, thirteen soon.” Kyle replies. 

The receptionist gave Kyle a weird look, twelve and at high school that made no sense. 

“Mrs Lyon, called him in.” Theo explains, Kyle was nervous enough without all the confrontation. 

“Ohhh okay just a minute. Erica there's a young man here to see you.” The receptionist smiles. 
“Okay thank you Helen send him in.” A voice replies.

“Go on in sweetie.” Helen the receptionist smiles. 
Theo smiles lightly at his little brother throwing his arm around him and pulling him into the office. 

“Ahhh Hello there Kyle, it's a pleasure to have you in our school. Now I know you must be scared but it's just like intermediate only more up to your skills level. I hear that you passed all your tests last year with 100%.” Mrs Lyon smiles. 

“Ah yea, I just find learning easy.” Kyle shrugs.  

“Well, I know that you will be more then capable of being in year 9 but if you need anything, just come and see me okay….. Theo you can go to class now just tell your teacher you were with me and I'll make sure you don't get blamed.” Mrs Lyon smiles 

Theo nods silently and grins at Kyle. “See ya pup.” He smiles ruffling Kyle's hair.

“Okay Mr Bennett, lets start your tour and then it'll be time to start year 9.” Mrs Lyon smiles. 

BANG

Kyle's eyes slowly opened, he saw that he was at the hospital but he didn't want to be here. He had completely changed his mind, he didn't want to tell the police, Jake had ways of getting what he wanted and if it wasn't him that killed him it would be done goon that he pays.

Brax opens Kyle's door and Kyle looks up at him with big brown eyes giving him his best puppy dog eyes. 

“Come on mate, don't give me the eyes.” Brax groans Kyle had started giving him all these puppy dog eyes lately and he and everyone else found them hard to ignore.

“I don't want to. I'm fine .” Kyle begs looking at Brax practically begging him. 

“Mate you have to okay, don't make me and Caleb carry you.” Brax warns knowing that Kyle would hate that. 

Slowly Kyle gets out and follows Brax with Haley beside him holding his hand and Caleb was behind him making sure he doesn't run.

“Nate!” Brax calls, Nate comes rushing over Ricky had told him about Kyle and he was so glad that he was okay. Well physically, emotionally he looked pretty depressed.

“Lets go into a room yea.” Nate smiles motioning them to follow him. Kyle slumps after him still not wanting a check up. 

“Okay lets check you out mate.” Nate smiles lightly first checking his blood pressure.

“Well?” Brax asks worried for his little brother. 

“93, lower than it normally is but not dangerously low.”  Nate replies. 

“I told you I'm fine.” Kyle grunts. 
Nate then shines a torch in his eye, he looks to Brax reasonable happy. 

“He should be fine.” Nate smiles. 

“Told ya.” Kyle mumbles. 

“Nate, we are worried about his mental state.” Brax sighs anxiously they hadn't mentioned this to Kyle. 

“My mental state is fine.” Kyle protests. He didn't want to go back to the stupid councilor who practically called him a baby. 

“Kyle we aren't going to send you back to the same counsellor we were considering group counseling.” Brax sighs looking up at Kyle. 

“What no, no way, not happening.” Kyle blurts he didn't want more people to know his story. 

“Kyle…” Brax starts. He needed his brother to know that they were doing this for his own good and that it would help him not hurt him. 

“I'm not doing it.” Kyle mumbles. The last thing he wanted was to talk about this to anyone but family. 

“Kyle group counseling really works, some people gain a lot of self esteem from it when they realize that they aren't the only one that is struggling emotionally.” Nate sighs. 

“I'm. Not. DOING IT.” Kyle screams. 

Brax boiled with anger. 
“Look, I thought I lost you, we all did. This group counseling is going to help you and it will be the best thing for you, okay! So you are doing it. Because we don't want to loose you and if you don't get everything off your chest we just might.” Brax orders, putting in his big brother tone the one that Kyle never argued to. 

“I…. d…. don't  wanna loose my tongue.” Kyle cries, erupting in loud sobs, the threat had just come back to him when Brax was telling him that he had to. He couldn't tell anyone he was to scared. 

Braxs eyes popped, had Jake and his crew threatened to cut off Kyle's tongue, these guys just kept getting sicker and sicker, how could these guys blood be that cold. 

“We are going to the cops now Kyle.” Brax instructs in his tone Kyle never argues to, ever. 

“No.” Kyle mumbles, he didn't want to go to the cops that would only cause Jake and his gang to get angrier. 

“Huh?” Brax asks, Kyle hardly ever argued with him, he was usual the one that did what he said. 

“I said no.” Kyle mumbles a little louder. 

Brax gives him a questioning look. 

“I don't wanna go to the cops, Jake will only come after me harder, What if they don't get charged they'll kill me before you can do anything. It's my word against theirs and we have no evidence, even if they get out away they'll get someone to kill me. You don't get it, you are in way over your head.” Kyle groans, he knew that he would be in a lot of danger if he talked to the cops and he didn't want to risk it. 

“Too bad Kyle, we are going to the cops, you can't live like this, you can't live in constant fear.” Brax orders. He didn't want his brother living with this type of fear. It was so depressing. 

“No. Please, they have ways, I'm begging you Brax.” Kyle begs with small tears falling from his eyes. 

Braxs heart broke, Kyle looked so venerable and scared and part of Brax wanted to say that they wouldn't go to the cops but he knew that if they didn't Kyle would be in danger. 

“I'm sorry Ky, we are going.” Brax orders pointing to the door. 
Kyle folds his arms over his chest and looks away, refusing to look at Brax. He knew deep down that he was being childish, but he couldn't stop himself, he didn't want to do and he thought that being childish was the only way out of it. 

“Caleb talk to him.” Brax groans as he pulls Haley out of the room. 

“Hey I can help!” Haley protests she wanted to help Kyle, why could Caleb help Kyle and she couldn't. 

“Look, he'll give you the puppy dog eyes and you will crumble.” Brax replies knowing full well that Kyle look up at her with his big brown eyes and she wouldn't make him go. 

“What no I……. fine, bye Kyky. I'll be back soon.” Haley waves blowing Kyle a kiss.

Brax, Haley and Nate leave the room leaving the two best friends to talk, Caleb jumps up beside Kyle on the bed. He nudges him lightly with his arm. 

“Ky….” Caleb starts, he looks hard at Kyle, his eyes practically begging him. 

“Please, Caleb I don't need a lecture right now, I just don't wanna talk to the police. You've been there through basically all of it you must know how I feel.” Kyle mumbles. 

“Yea, Ky I do, that's why we need to go to the cops.” Caleb sighs. 

Kyle looked up with fear at Caleb. 

“I can't.” Kyle mumbles shaking his head furiously. 

“Ky…. I've seen you get shoved around and like you deserve it, like you've done something wrong for years, like you aren't even human. And honestly it's got to stop. Seriously you are a great guy and it deserve to be happy, you aren't going to be happy unless those guys are in prison.” Caleb replies putting a hand on Kyle's shoulder. 

“Cal, I can't they will come after me, you know that.” Kyle mumbles, he was honestly so terrified. 

“Kyle! Look. What they have done, they can't get away with that, alright!” Caleb yells at him causing him to flinch. 

Kyle stared up in fear to Caleb, he was so scared and the yelling didn't help. He just looked at his hands feeling even more pathetic.

“I'm sorry Ky but the thing is, you need to get it through your head that you are so much better than those punks, than Phoebe. You are and always will be. You deserve a life, a happy life. I've known you since we were little kids.” Caleb sighs. He and Kyle had been best friends for years, he knew Kyle more than anyone else. 

“Over 10 years Cal, how am I meant to get over 10 years of bullying of my chest. 10 years of torture, years of rape. I can't do it.” Kyle breaths heavily, leaning in and resting his head on Caleb’s shoulder.

The bullying never stopped for Kyle, he had to deal with it for days on end. He never had a day without bullying. 

Flashback

14 year old Kyle Bennett was at PE they were playing dodgeball and sure enough all the big tough guys were in the other team. Kyle knew something was going on when no one aimed at him. 

When he was the last one, evening fired at him several balls hitting him at once, he falls to the ground and tries to protect his face as balls continued to hit him. 

“Hahaha Baby Bennett, down.” Issac laughs as Kyle quickly looks up to see if anymore balls are coming, suddenly Issac throws one at his face. 

“Alright, that's enough!” Mr Baz yells, he had to stop the poor kid getting pummeled with balls, he was just so small. 

Suddenly the bell rings and Kyle pushes himself up. Carter walks over to him and shakes his hand. 

“Hard luck mate. You fought well.” Carter smiles, Mr Baz looks at them and smiles thinking the problem has been fixed. 

Kyle slumps off to the locker rooms and is shoved into two other classmates. 

“Ha! Were you going to cry baby.” Carter laughs, staring down at Kyle. 

“Come on you've bullied me everyday since I arrived at high school, can you give me a break once.” Kyle pleads. His eyes begging at them, he didn't know why they went so hard at him. 

“Ha! No.” Issac grins, grabbing Kyle and shoving him to Carter. 
“I think it's time for a wedgie, clean wedgie I think.” Issac laughs. Kyle tries to run away but just runs into other classmates. 

“Ha!! Yea give the nerd a big one, it's what he deserves.” One chuckles. 

“Yea nerds deserve wedgies and he's a big nerd so he needs a big wedgie.” Another laughs as he shoves Kyle back to Issac. He grabs Kyle by the front of his boxers and Carter grabs the back. 
Firstly Carter  pulls hard at the back so it's up to Kyle's lower back, Issac then pulls hard at the from do it's up to his chest, back and first they go each pulling harder and harder each time until they finally stop, Kyle's crying out with pain. Issac lift him up and carries him to the girls locker room which is empty because the volleyball girls weren't done yet. He lifts him up and hangs him on the locker and slams the locker door, he then pulls down his shorts and takes off his shirt so he's only seen in his boxers. 

“See ya nerd.” Issac laughs as he leaves the locker room leaving Kyle helpless practically naked. All he could do was wait for the embarrassment to continue when the girls walked in. 

Not long after girls came in and started squealing with joy. 

“Little baby Bennett.” They laugh as they take pictures of him and pull on his legs to make the wedgie worse. 

“Please lemme down.” He begs, he had to get down, this was too embarrassing. 

A big burly girl called Ashley smirked from behind others. “You heard the baby.” Ashley smirks. She pulls on Kyle's legs hard until his boxers finally rip and lands hard on the floor. 

“Get out wimp.” She smirks, Kyle quickly picks up his shirts and runs to the boys locker room luckily without being seen, he quickly gets changed and slumps off home, hoping they weren't waiting for him.

He looks over his shoulders every ten seconds but never sees them and he thinks that he's finally on the home stretch. But is grabbed from behind and is shoved into the grass. “Hey baby, you do know that Issac and Carters didn't count as your bullying right…. Oh so cute.” Jake laughs, as Issac and Carter grab him. 

“No boxers Jake, what do we do now?” Issac asks. 

“Ohhhh there are more things than wedgies.” Jake chuckles as he once again shoves Kyle to the ground and pulls up his shirt, Issac arms, Billy, Clark legs.” He laughs as they hold him down, Kyle wriggles but he can't seem to get away. Jake and Carter start slapping his abdomen, he cries out with pain. It wasn't fair he was 14 and these jerks were 16 and 17, he had no chance. After 5 minutes the slapping stops and Jake presses down on it hard, making tears fall from Kyle's eyes and he squeaks out with absolute agony. 

“Good, the nerds in pain.” Jake laughs as he pulls Kyle up and ruffles his hair. 

“Now wet willy.” He laughs as he puts his index finger in his mouth and then puts it in Kyle's ear. 

Kyle shifts around feeling uncomfortable, but he knew it wasn't over he usually got one in the other ear as well, then got one in each from everyone else. Finally it's all over and Kyle hoped that, that was the end. 

“Lets go we’ll give him a swirly tomorrow.” Jake laughs shoving

Kyle to the ground and they all walk away laughing. 

Kyle's eyes filled with tears. When was this going to end. 

End of Flashback 

Kyle it will all stop if you just talk okay and you have people around that love you and care for you all around you.” Caleb whispers running his hand through Kyle's hair. 

“Okay…… But please make sure they don't hurt me.” Kyle begs, looking at his best friend with his big brown eyes. 

“Of course mate, I'll always protect you, you're my brother.” Caleb whispers in Kyle's ear. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter

Poor Kyle didn't have a happy childhood feel sorry for him.

I hope Kyle does go to the police it's not right what Jake and his crew did to him.

Update again soon :) 

I keep saying it, but god, poor Kyle :( You really know how to make me feel for him. The poor guy has been carrying around so much pain and trauma for ten whole years! As he says himself, how is he meant to just get that off his chest?! He's basically a torture victim. The fact that he's still even vaguely sane is nothing short of amazing. I agree with Brax and Caleb though. The only chance he has of freeing himself is to go to the police. It's going to be hard, but at least he has his family there to hold his hand. Really looking forward to the next chapter x 

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 52

Kyle walks up to the police station and takes a deep breath, was he ready for this? Could he do this? His heart rate sped up he felt like he was going to be sick, how can he do this, years of torture and tears. Haley grabbed ahold of Kyle’s hand and kisses it she knows very well that he will be petrified. Swallowing deeply Kyle opens the police door. 

Flashback

Kyle Bennett walks into the principals office with his foster parents he felt sick, what if Mrs Lyon didn't believe him? What if she thought it was all lies and that her son was a darling little boy? He looked up at his foster dad. 

“Don't worry buddy, it'll all stop.” Marcus whispers ruffling Kyle’s hair. 

Kyle opened the door and saw Mrs Lyon at her desk. 

End of Flashback

Kyle walked up to the desk and looked up at Sargent Emerson. 

“I…. need….t ….. to report a… a crime.” Kyle stutters. 

Caleb gives him a reassuring rub on the back, he really hoped that Kyle would be able to get this all off his chest. 

“Are you okay?” Emerson asks. He was concerned he had never seen this side to Kyle or any of the Braxton’s for that matter. 
Kyle shakes his head slowly and lets a lone tear fall from his eye which he quickly wipes away. 

“Please Emerson can I talk to you?” Kyle asks practically begging him. 

Emerson taken back by a Braxton using manners nods his head and motions towards an interview room. 

“Ky?” Brax asks wondering if he wanted them in there with him. 

“Please.” Kyle begs nodding him head. 

They all walk into the interview room and sit down. 

Flashback 

Kyle sits down in the seat opposite to Mrs Lyon and his foster parents sit either side of him. 

“Now Kyle what is the matter?” Mrs Lyon asks, looking seriously at him. 

“B….Bul….Bullying.” Kyle stutters. 

“What type? What has been happening and for how long?” Mrs Lyon asks. 

“They hit me…. kick me, call me names, wedgie me, swirle me, wet willy me, pink belly me…..shove me around, sit on me, shove me in lockers, throw me in bins strip me of my clothes, tease me, team up on me in gym, steal my money…….. throw me in water, steal my property and make me do their homework.” Kyle mumbles, there was no way he was going to mention the rape. 

“Kyle that's horrible when did this all start?” Mrs Lyon asks shocked to hear that Kyle was treated so badly, she had heard of little things but nothing this bad.
Kyle looks at his feet and shrugs not wanting to say.

“Year 9.” Pip replies, she was so upset when she had heard about Kyle getting bullied and she was determined to end it all. 

“Kyle I'm so sorry that it went on for that long, that must have been so much to deal with, who were the bullies?” Mrs Lyon asks.

This was the part Kyle was nervous about. There could be a chance that she wouldn't believe him. 

“Clark, Isaac, Carter, Billy and Jake.” Kyle mumbles looking up at Mrs Lyon tears in his eyes. Did she believe him? 

“Jake as in?” Mrs Lyon asks shocked that her son could be a big bully. 

“Yea Jake miss.” Kyle replied hoping that she wouldn't think that he was lying. 

Mrs Lyon stares up at Kyle, her expression unreadable. 

End of flashback 

Kyle looks at his hands wondering if he should start or someone else. 

Baby Bennett, Baby Bennett

“Kyle would like to report a crime, he's being harassed.” Brax explains when he realises that Kyle wasn't going to start the conversation. 

“Kyle, would you like to talk to me about it?” Emerson asks. 

“There's 5 of them.” Kyle shudders, just like as a kid he didn't bring Phoebe into it, how pathetic would be look if he acknowledged that he was scared of a girl. 

“6.” Caleb corrects glaring at his best friend wondering why he was covering it up. 

“Yea 6, not 5.” Kyle mumbles staring down at his hands. 

“Right and what's been happening?” Emerson asks, extremely curious to see how a Braxton brother was harassed, usually no one messed with them. Even Casey and Kyle most guys were afraid of what Brax and Heath would do if they harassed the younger brothers and who could blame them.

Kyle stared hard at his hands where could he start?

Baby Bennett, Baby Bennett.

The name was running through his head taunting him. 

“They bullied me back in school and now they're back.” Kyle mumbles. 

Baby Bennett, Baby Bennett. 

The taunting wouldn't stop, how could he make it stop? 

“Kyle I understand that, that could be hard for you but what have they done since they've been back?” Emerson asks really needing more detail if he was going to charge them. 

“Just harassing me okay.” Kyle mumbles.

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle. 

Great. Now the names had increased. 

“Kyle I want to help you but please you have to help me out here.” Emerson lightly smiles. 

“They beat me up.” Kyle starts only able to get a little bit out at once

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle

“What else Kyle, I really wanna help.” Emerson asks, Kyle was growing distant which concerned him. 

“They harass me and call me names.” Kyle continues. He was so sick of all the names and even though he knew full well that calling someone names wasn't illegal he just wanted to get it off his chest. 

“I'm sorry to say, that's not exactly breaking any laws Kyle.” Emerson frowns slowly growing impatient with getting the full story out of Kyle.

“It bothers him. So I don't frankly care if it's illegal or not!” Brax growls standing up and slamming him hands against the table, his concern for his brother was huge. He just wanted him to get help. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd,

“Look, I just need enough to put them away, believe me I want that. But at the moment you don't have enough.” Emerson explains calmly. 

Kyle swallows lightly trying to stay as calm as he can but it's not easy, the names are getting worse, how much more could he handle. 

“Look at him, isn't his fear enough.” Caleb growls now standing up as well. 

“No it's not!” Emerson debates, it's not easy to stay calm when you have two people yelling at you and a distressed man sitting right in from of you who doesn't seem to be very helpful with info. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd,

“Shut up!!!” Kyle yells wrapping his arms around his ears trying to block out the constant names. 

“KyKy.” Haley whispers, pulling Kyle close he was obviously very distressed. 

“Shhhh.” She whispers lightly in his ear. 

“They've raped me okay! And kidnapped me keeping me in a locker for more than a day!” Kyle yells finally getting it all off my chest. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd,

“They were the one who took my virginity as well. I lost my virginity due to rape.” Kyle cries, finding it so hard to stop himself from crying. Brax and Caleb were both sitting down now comforting him. 

“I'm scared of them okay, they terrify me. I need to know that they won't hurt me again.” Kyle sobs in Haley’s arms. 

“Kyle. I'm so so sorry. I can understand how hard that must have been now can you please give me names?” Emerson asks, knowing full well that this is the part Kyle will struggle most with because by the sounds of it he was a broken young man. 

Kyle rubbed his lips together, surely saying the names won't be that difficult. He had already mentioned that rape. 

Kyle looked up at Brax his eyes begging for him to say, but Brax shook his head knowing that Kyle had to do this himself if he wanted it all to stop. He tried both Haley and Caleb but got the same reply. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd. 

“I can't.” Kyle cries. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Wimp, Crybaby, Baby Nerd. 

“Please Kyle you have to.” Emerson begs wanting to help him through this it was obvious to see that he was scared out of his mind. 

Kyle had to do this he had to push away all the names. 

“Kyle please.” Emerson begs. 

Kyle knew that he had to keep pushing he couldn't be brave and say the names when these names were still haunting him. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser,Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Nerd, Loser,

He had managed to push away two at once maybe he is strong enough. 

Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle,  Baby Bennett, Kylie Danielle, 

Kyle can handle these names, he knows it's now or never he had to get it off his chest before the haunting names came back. 

“Is… Issac Jamison….. Car… Cart… Carter Manes.. Cla… rk… Clark Reeves… Bill…y… Billy Dawes, Jaaa..ke… Jake Ly…o…n… Jake Lyon annnn….ddd and Ph…oe… b…b…e…… Phoebe.” Kyle stutters through all the names, looking up at Emerson and waiting for a reaction. 

Great chapter 

Poor Kyle glad he told Emerson that Jake and his crew bullied and raped him. It wouldn't of been easy to tell someone though.

Update again soon :)

I'm so glad Kyle finally told the police. I just hope Emerson can do something now. Unfortunately, it's always a case of the victim's word against his attackers, so it's hard to prove. Especially because the rape is historical and there's no physical evidence. Still, it's a really big step forward for Kyle, even just from an empowerment point of view. Really looking forward to seeing what happens! 

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 53 

Kyle stared at his hands, he didn't want to talk, he just wanted to disappear. 

Emerson looks at Kyle shocked, did he just say Phoebe? 

“Phoebe as in your girlfriend Phoebe?” Emerson asks still struggling to get his head around Kyle saying her name. 

“Ex Girlfriend.” Haley points out grabbing ahold of Kyle's hand and kissing it. She hates Phoebe so much. How could a person be such cruel. Kyle never did anything to her. 

“Kyle…. I'm so sorry, but if she was your bully why'd you date her?” Emerson asks, he has heard some crazy stories but none as crazy as this, Kyle was bullied by his girlfriend and her friends. There were so many questions that needed to be answered. Why did she bully him? Why did he date her if she bullied him? Was it all a lie? 

Kyle looked down at his feet, he hated explaining why he loved her, it made him feel like such a loser. 

“When you’re a loser…. A nerd an outcast basically , you don't get many girls, you like if girls even give you attention… Phoebe… she gave me a lot of attention, sure it was bad attention but it was still attention, and she was beautiful. Is beautiful. She was the most wanted girl in the whole school. Mainly because she was dating Jake, the most wanted guy in school.” Kyle shrugs. He didn't know how else to explain it. 

“Kyle, did she ever overpower you, make you do things you didn't want to do out of fear of what her reaction would be?” Emerson asks. 

“Yea.” Kyle replies, Phoebe had always forced Kyle into doing things he didn't want to, as a kid and as an adult. 

Flashback 
15 year old Kyle Bennett was sitting on the couch in his foster home with his girlfriend. 

“Baby, me and the girls are going shopping today and you are carrying out bags.” Phoebe instructs, thinking that if she had to date Kyle, she might as well get perks out of it.

Kyle looked and his girlfriend and shook his head, he had plans today with Caleb and Haley and he didn't want to be carrying shopping bags all day. 

“Sorry Babe, I've made plans with Cal and Ley.” Kyle apologises looking at his girlfriend and hoping that she would understand. 

“No!!! You owe me!” Phoebe yells at Kyle making him flinch slightly. 

“Huh?” Kyle asks, trying to figure out why he owed her.

“I'm the most popular girl in year 12, and I'm dating you. That makes you no longer a loser who gets wedgies everyday and that means that you owe me because I made you finally normal, now you are going shopping with me or I'll dump you and I'll tell the rugby team that the schools biggest nerd is finally a loser again, and they'll pummel you skinny ass.” Phoebe threatens, she couldn't believe that Kyle said no. He wasn't allowed to say no. She was in charge.

Kyle sinks low into the couch and nods his head, Phoebe terrified him and he thought that to stop it from getting any worse he would no longer argue.  Plus he didn't want to be the school punching bag again, he hardly survived the last time. 

“Good, now be a gentleman for once and get me something to drink, an icy water would be nice but not too cold it it's going over your head.” Phoebe growls and points to the kitchen where Kyle races off to. 

“And make it quick!!!” Phoebe yells, she was thirsty and wanted water, all she wanted was for her boyfriend to what she wanted him to do when she wanted him to do it… was that too much to ask. 

End of flashback 

Sadly things didn't get any easier as time went by, Phoebe had ways of always getting what she wants from Kyle even if he really didn't want to do it. 

Flashback 

22 year old Kyle was sleeping with his girlfriend his arms were wrapped around her and he was smiling, he was happy he could finally relax. After two weeks of full on work, Brax had finally given him a day off. His plan for the day, relax and spend time with his favourite girl. 

"Baby there's a gig in tonight we should go." Phoebe whispers to a sleeping Kyle, after realising he didn't hear her she grabs a glass of water and throws it over him.  

Kyle eyes pop open and he studders awake. He wasn't expecting that, he had only had about 6 hours sleep. 

Baby there a gig tonight and we should go!" Phoebe repeat quite angrily. 

“Phebs I'm knackered… let's just chill and watch movies.” Kyle sighs, looking up at Phoebe practically begging her. 

Kyle I want to go!” Phoebe glares, angry that Kyle was arguing with her. 

“Well I don't.” Kyle fights back, he was so tired he hardly could function. He loved going to gigs but he just didn't want to tonight. 

“Well I do!” Phoebe yells, all she wanted was to go to a gig, was that so much to asks. 

Kyle leans back a bit, he didn't want to be so close to Phoebe when she was like this. 

“Oi, keep it down love birds!” Heath bangs on the door. 

“We. Are. Going. To. The. Gig.” Phoebe hisses very slowly and quite furiously. 

Kyle nods his head lightly, he hated that he was scared of his girlfriend, he just couldn't help it. He was scared as a kid and it didn't get any better as time went on.

End of flashback 

Emerson looks at Kyle, he didn't know what to make of this, Kyle and Phoebe loved each other didn't they? 

“She bullied me, she made me feel small, tiny. Like a speck of dust really. When I found out that she only dated me to entertain her boyfriend it hurt… it broke my heart. She never loved me, I loved her. So so much but she didn't care about me.” Kyle mumbles, his heart was breaking, it felt like parts of his shattered heart were floating around in his chest.

Brax looks at his brother who looks so distraught and hopes that this will all soon be over and that he will be able to move on with his life, maybe go to uni, get married to Haley and hopefully get the family he has always wanted. But of course that will take time, considering that he was a mess at the moment. 

“Is there anything that you can do Emerson?” Brax asks wanting to know if Kyle was going to be safe. 
Emerson looks down at his hands, now this was going to be hard. 

“I can question them, but Kyle. I'm sorry I can't promise you that they will be punished. It's your word against there's and Phoebe has no record of breaking the law.” Emerson apologise and feels his heart drop as he sees a tear drop from Kyle's eyes. He was scared. 

“Assault, kidnapping and rape, Emerson, they're serious charges!!” Brax yells, furious that Kyle might not get what he deserves, for those jerks to be put away. 

“Brax.” Kyle voice croaks, he looks up at his big brother his eyes big bad brown with tears falling from them. “Just leave it.” 
Brax looks at Kyle and nods, he holds out his hand to Kyle who grabs it, Brax pulls him up and pulls him into a hug. 

“I'm proud of you Kyle, and I'm so so proud to call you my brother. You hear me! You are amazing. You are a good kid, you work hard, help out with the family and are just in general an all round good bloke… never forget that no matter what happens.” Brax whispers.  

Kyle hugs Brax back and lets Brax run his hand through his hair. 

“We’ll let you know when we find something.” Emerson smiles lightly at the boys, he had never seen this side of the Braxtons, he knew what Kyle meant to Brax in fact he knew what all the younger brothers meant to their eldest brother but he didn't expect this. Brax was being so comforting so caring. It made Emerson see that the Braxton’s weren't just the rule breaking Neanderthals that he knew them to be. 

“Thanks Emerson.” Brax smiles lightly as him and Kyle pull apart and Haley wraps her arms around Kyle and kisses him on the cheek. 
They all make their way out of the police station and start the journey back to their house. 

“Die, die, die!!!” Isaac yells as he quickly kills Billy's character. Billy fought hard but it was no use, he was dead. Phoebe meanwhile was pacing up and down. 

“How can you play games at a time like this, the cops will probably be here any minute to arrest us!” She yells at the boys, she didn't want to go to prison. Pretty girls like her got hurt in prison maybe even killed. How could they be so calm?

“Look babe, Kylie’s a loser, there's no way that he will talk.” Jake chuckles as he takes a long swig of his beer.

“What if he does though, Brax seemed adamant that we would pay?” Phoebe asks. She was on the fence.. did she regret all of those years torturing Kyle? No way, she loved every minute of it, it always made her feel powerful. But was she regretting all the aftermath and charges that she would get? Yea! Of course she was, she didn't deserve any charges she thought that Kyle deserved everything that he got because he was a loser and a nerd but most of all pathetic. 

“Phebs if the loser talks he’ll regret it.” Isaac smirks. 

Everyone smirks at each other, knowing that they are always above Kyle and if he starts to fight back they will only come back harder.

Archived