Marry Me?

Suzza101

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments. 

Chapter 47

Brax woke up late in the morning, he felt no need to rush himself awake, Kyle was at the restaurant and he could open and then he would swap with him later so that he could have a shower. Sighing he grabbed his phone which was on his bed side table and scrolled through the names till he saw ‘Kylie.’ Shaking his head he made a mental note to himself to change that. He pushed call and waited. It went straight to answer phone.

“Hey it's Kyle, sorry I missed ya call. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.” Brax shrugged it off like it was nothing, his phone was probably dead.

He called Angelos instead, after several rings he heard Kyle's voice but it was the answer phone. 

“Hey you've reached Angelos….” It started but Brax hung up quick and ran out to the lounge hoping Kyle was there, he wasn't, but Caleb was. 

“You heard from Ky?” Brax asks, he was so stupid for not questioning the text. Why didn't he question it. His brother could be anywhere now if Jake and his stupid gang got ahold of him. 

“What do you mean have I heard from Kyle?” Caleb panics standing up straight away. His voice was low cause he didn't want Haley to hear. He raises his eyes at Brax and puts his finger to his lips to indicate to whisper. 

“I called both phones no answer, in fact his cell was dead.” Brax whispers running his hands through his hair. 

“Well I don't know, maybe he is at the restaurant but didn't get to the phone in time.” Caleb shrugs. 
Brax put his hands to his head and sighed out loudly. He needs to find out where his brother is. He rushed back to his room to get changed and then he picked up his keys and walked out the door. 

“Wait, I'm coming.” Caleb whispers rushing after Brax. 

“What? No! I can't risk it, what if they see you and know that we are looking for Kyle.” Brax sighs. 

“How do you know that they have him?” Caleb questions. 

Brax looks at Caleb hard what he was saying was true.

“Look they might not but what if they do and they finish him off, I can't loose my little brother.” Brax whispers. 

“Look my guess is he's bolted he did it a few times as a kid, he came back the next day though. But one time we told the police and he freaked, just give him a couple more hours he'll turn up.” Caleb shrugs he was worried for his best friend but he knew that if he knew that the police were after him he would freak because Jake and his crew would make him pay. 

“He's my little brother, I can't do that.” Brax sighs and races out the door. Caleb chases after him. 

“I was there last time you weren't.” He blabs. 

Brax turns to Caleb and shoves him. “I know alright, but I'm here now, I'm going to be there for my brother. I know that they have him!” Brax screams and makes his way to the caravan house. 
Caleb rushes off after him making sure he doesn't do anything stupid. 

“Look he's done it before I'm sure he's just run off.” Caleb sighs as he catches up with Brax. 

Brax puts his hands to his head. “Really?” He asks seriously. 

“Yea.” Caleb sighs as he feels like he's stopped Brax from making a mistake. If Jake knew that Kyle's brothers went to the cops, they would end him. 

Caleb was sure his mate was going to be okay, he did it when he was a kid so surly he would be fine to do it now.

Flashback 
Pip Gray was serving up dinner for everyone. Theo and Oliver were helping her. 

“Call down your brothers and sisters.” Pip smiles at Oliver her sons whose birthday it was and he had just turned 16. 

Oliver rushed upstairs to get his brothers and sisters, suddenly there was a lot of bumping and stamping as the kids ran down the stairs. Pip smiled but only counted 9 kids. 

“Where's Kyle?” Pip asks her kids hoping that one of them would know. 

“Who cares.” Ethan grunts. He really didn't like that younger foster brother of his. 

“Ethan! Stop it.” Marcus hisses, ever since Kyle had arrived Ethan has turned bitter. 

Caleb rubbed his hands together, he didn't know where his mate was but he knew that he had run away to clear his head and he also knew that he would be here later that night. 

“Cal?” Pip asks her third youngest son. 

“Ahhhh he had work to do he went to another kids house.” Caleb lies. He hated lying to his parents but it had to be done. Kyle had had a tough day at school. Jake had gotten in trouble for ditching and he took it all out in Kyle. Starting the day with brutal punches to the abdomen. Caleb hadn't seen Kyle at all at interval and him and Mason knew that he would be in his locker and at lunch he was acting weird really quiet and looked like he could burst into tears at any point. 

“Can we just point out what a nerd he is, he's not even thirteen yet and he's in year 9.” Ethan chuckles. 

“Better than having an empty head like yours.” Oliver hisses, he thought that Kyle was awesome, he was like his little baby bro. He looked strangely similar to him. They both had brown hair and eyes and tan skin. 

“Keep talking like that and I'll beat you up so fast you won't know what hit you.” Ethan hisses at his brother. 

“Stop it!” Pip yells. She was nervous enough with no Kyle without Ethan being his usual bully self and Oliver provoking him by being his usual cheeky protective self. 

“Look all I'm saying is, he's going to finish school when he's 15, Oliver and Kevin are 16 and they are in their last year and they are young for their age.” Ethan chuckles. 

“You're just jealous! Kyle is smart, he could be anything he wants. You I'm thinking……. Dishwasher!” Oliver yells. 

“I'll wash something!” Ethan hisses as he grabs the hug of water and pours it over Olivers head. 

“Oi!” Kevin yells, pulling Ethan away from Oliver. 

“You just wait little Oli.” Ethan hisses quietly. 

Oliver runs his hands through his wet hair and sighs. He wondered if Kyle really was where Caleb said he was. Kyle had been acting weird, ever since Kyle moved up to year 9 really. 

End of Flashback 

“Just give him a couple of hours please.” Caleb begs because he knew the cops knowing would only make it worse. 

Brax looked at his watch, it read 8:57. “Fine I'll give it till, 11. But you are helping me open.” Brax sighs as he drags Caleb by his upper arm. 

“Wha… huh?” He asks. Brax was pulling him towards the restaurant. 

“What are the muscles just for show?” Brax chuckles lightly. Deep down he was worried about Kyle but that couldn't stop him from keeping on with his day. They walked straight past the surf club and staight past the scrunched up black shirt that Kyle was previously wearing.

In the locker Kyle had his eyes closed, he hadn't got to sleep till well past three, well at least he thought it was he couldn't move to check his watch. He was uncomfortable and he knew that as soon as the locker door opened if it ever did he would collapse on to the ground. His eyes slowly opened. “Mmmmm.” He muffles as he tries to get words out. Brax and Caleb continued to walk to angelos not hearing a sound. 

At the caravan park, Jake and his gang were packing bags, they knew that they had to get away from the caravan park. They were going to a motel before Kyle's brothers figured out what was going on and came after them. 

“Do they really care about that loser?” Issac groans throwing his bag on the truck they had rented. 

“Look don't ask me why but yea. He's Braxs and Heaths little brother by so many years and for some reason yea they do care about him. I always found him a worthless waste of space but they don't.” Phoebe shrugs. 

“How old are they.” Issac chuckles. Loving the fact that Kyle was a kid brother. 

“Heaths 8 years older Brax is 10.” She laughs. She always found it funny that Casey and Kyle were literally the baby brothers.

“So Heaths 31 and Brax is 33.” Jake chuckles. He also loved the fact on how much a baby Kyle was compared to the rest of his family. 

“Yea so that's why we need to be careful, they are in a gang and they don't mess around.” Phoebe warns. 

“Ha! That dork was in a gang what do they do nerd you to death.” Issac laughs. 

“He was never in the gang but the rest of his brothers were well Brax and Heath were I don't know about Casey.” Phoebe laughs. 
They all threw the rest of the bags on the truck and Jake and Phoebe walked up to the caravan house. 

“Hey thanks for the caravans.” Jake smiles handing them the three keys. 

“Right, what names?” Alf asks taking the keys off Jake. 

“Jake, Carter and Issac.” Jake replies, Phoebe had of course stayed in his caravan, Clark bunked with Carter and Billy and Issac had shared one.

“Well no worries son, look forward to seeing you again.” Alf smiles, staring at Phoebe as politely as he could the last he had heard from Phoebe was probably only five weeks ago and her and Kyle seemed madly in love. 

“Yea you too.” Jake grins pulling Phoebe away and tickling her ribs making her squeal. 

Alf was lost in thought about Phoebe and Kyle, he had not really ever seen eye to eye with the young man but he knew that he had turned out to be one of the good ones. 

“You okay dad?” Roo asks. 

Alf looks up at her daughter. 
“Yea love young Jake Lyon just dropped off his and his friends keys with young Phoebe attached to him. When did her and Kyle break up?” Alf asks. 

Roo shrugs her shoulders, she hadn’t heard anything. 

“I just feel like somethings going on.” Alf sighs as he grabs the morning paper and starts to read it. 

“Like what Dad, they must of just broke up.” Roo sighs.

“And her having already moved on, I just don't see it.” Alf sighs putting down his paper and making a note to himself to talk to Brax about it later. 

Brax and Caleb had finished opening the restaurant and Caleb was staring at the paperwork Kyle was doing. He was amazing with maths and Caleb didn't know how he did it. 

“You okay?” Brax asks sitting next to him looking concerned. 
Caleb could remember all the times that Kyle had to do other people's work and staring down at the paperwork, just made him remember.

“Yea just a bad memory, Kyle always had to do their homework, he wrote essays for them, did their math homework, every subject homework even the subjects he didn't take.” Caleb sighs. 

Brax lowered his head, if he was honest with himself he had made Kyle do the books by force when he first arrived, he was mad at Kyle for the whole Casey situation and never treated him with respect but if he knew that Kyle was bullied into doing other people's homework he wouldn't of forced him. 

Flashback 
Brax came home with Kyle after a hard day at Angelos they had both opened and closed, it was exhausting. Kyle collapsed on the couch where he was sleeping because Tamara had his room.

“Na! You're not done yet.” Brax hisses dumping the books on the table.

“Seriously that's the bosses job.” Kyle grunts sitting up and going over to grab himself a glass of water. Brax grabs him by he arm and pulls hard. 

“So is telling everyone what to do so do the books, you offered to help Tamara to study so you must be smart, do it.” Brax orders pointing to the books.

“Fine.” Kyle sighs and sits down he was no stranger into being forced into doing work, this was nothing new for him. 

He wondered if his brothers would treat him differently if they knew about Jake, like he was forced to do things he didn't want to be Brax and was pushed around by Heath. It kinda felt like it was high school all over again. 

End of Flashback 

Brax sighed and wondered if he would of treated Kyle differently if he knew about the bullies and the extent they went to. Yea he was mad at Kyle for the Casey situation fuming actually but he was still a human being whose might of felt like their  nightmare was coming back. He hadn't treated Kyle very well when he first arrived and as mad as he was then he was sorry for it now. 

“Have you heard from him yet?” Caleb asks. He was now growing concern for his best mate. 

“No.” Brax replies, knowing that soon he will crack and go after his brother and try to find him.

Suddenly Calebs phone rings. The name pops up on the screen

LeyLey 

“Haley.” He looks concerned at Brax. How were they going to tell her. 

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments.

Chapter 48

Caleb slowly picks up his phone. He had no clue what he was going to say to his sister but not answering was worse. 

“Heyyy sis.” He says as innocently as he can through the phone. 

There was a silence which made Caleb very nervous, Haley only had a silence when she was mad or thinking. 

“What have you done?” She asks seriously, her brother was acting weird and he only ever held the y sound on his  heys when he was hiding something.

“What! Nothing.” Caleb sighs and gives a light chuckle with it, he had come to the conclusion that Kyle really was missing but he didn't want her to know that because a) She’d be worried. b) She'd go looking for him and put not just him but herself in danger and c) She'd probably hit him. 

"Right, well is Kyle with you?” She asks. Caleb eyes bulged and he looked at Brax with concern. 

“Tell her.” Brax mouths, he didn't think it was a good idea at all hiding it from Haley, she would only be more mad when she found out. He wouldn't want to be kept out of the loop and he was sure the same went for Haley. 

“No.” He mouths back, his sister would go crazy if she knew that Kyle was missing all night. Brax reaches over and snatches the phone out of Caleb’s hands. Calebs eyes widen as he does this, he didn't want his sister to know, she would be worried sick. 

“Haley, he's missing.” Brax sighs, he knew that Caleb wouldn't be happy but Haley really did need to know, Kyle is her boyfriend after all. 

"What do you mean he's missing?” Haley asks panicked, her boyfriend was missing and her brother wasn't going to tell her. 

“Put. Caleb. On.” She says very slowly with a big gap between each word. 

Brax raises his eyebrows and clenches his teeth, she did not sound at all happy and Caleb was in deep trouble. He slowly hands the phone over to him. 

“YOU WERE GOING TO HIDE THE FACT THAT MY BOYFRIEND IS MISSING FROM ME!” She yells. 

Caleb cringes his sister was so long when she yelled and it was right in his ear. 

“Ley.” Caleb starts but it cut off before he can continue. 

“Don't Ley me, you know that I'm worried about Ky, why would you hide that from me!” Haley yells slightly quieter. 

“I'm sorry I thought I was doing the right thing.” Caleb sighs, he honestly thought that not telling her would be so much better than telling her because knowing her she would go crazy, try and get revenge. He didn't want that. 

"Yea well you weren't! Where are you?” She asks she was going to find them she help them.

“No! You are staying out of it, okay. It'll only turn out worse for Kyle if his girlfriend is helping.” Caleb groans and he knew that this would turn into a huge argument it always did with Haley. 

“Forget about it Cal! I'm helping, I love Ky and I'll be worrying all day at least if I help it'll take my mind off it, now where are you?” Haley asks more seriously, like so serious like you can't argue with it or at least you wouldn't want to.

"You're so stubborn.” Caleb groans as he runs his hands through his hair. 

“Angelos.” Caleb replies as much as he didn't really want to. 

"I'll be there soon.” She replies angrily and hangs up. Caleb breaths heavily he was in trouble. 

They finish up opening up the restaurant and wait for Haley and Benny, so that Haley can help them and Benny can work. 

“Hey big boss.” Benny grins, he thought of Kyle as the boss and Brax as the big boss. He went behind the bar and checked in. 

“Hey Ben.” Brax smiles lightly. He thought Benny was a great guy the second best worker he had, after Kyle of course. But he was just so worried about Kyle he was to nervous to show any humor. 

Benny turned to Brax there had been a thought in the back of his mind all night, he'd never seen Kyle so anxious and he had served some real idiots in the past, but these idiots were something different, he didn't mention it to Kyle but he thought that something weird was going on. 

“Brax there were some guys last night, Kyle was acting weird. Like a year ago he was given so much grief from a table full of rugby guys but that didn't bother him, I felt like these guys did.” Benny sighs as Haley walks into the restaurant. 

"What they look like?” Brax asks worried and almost certain that it was Jake and his gang. 

“Well all were big, two had blonde hair and three had black, did I mention they were big like bigger than you, hard stares, one guy had like electric blue eyes.” Benny shrugs. 

Braxs face falls, it was them.

“Oh and Phoebe was with them.” Benny adds realizing that the fact that Phoebe was there was pretty important and that he should mention it to Brax. 

“Okay, did anything happen like they were obviously giving him grief?” Brax asks his concern only growing by the second if those idiots had him he could be in big trouble. 

“Well one of them tripped him, but Kyle shrugged it off like it was an accident.” Benny sighs, he had only realized that it might have not been an accident when he was lying in his bed about to go to sleep. 

“This is not good!” Brax moans running his hands through his hair. Jake obviously had his brother and he had no idea where. 

“Jake has him!!!!” Haley yells which makes everyone jump.

“Wait whose Jake? What's going on? What do you mean has him?” Panicking now, where was his friend. 

Brax gives a heavy sigh, Kyle wouldn't like it but he had to tell Benny, he was obviously worried. 
“Those guys were Kyle's childhood bullies, like extremely serious bully's. So was Phoebe actually and now they're back and making Kyle pay for blabbing, even though it was 7 or 8 years ago. They are coming at him hard and bullying him again and they have threatened to not stop and now he's missing. Kyle can't fight back, he just can't, he's scared of them and they know that so they push it.” Brax explains. 

“Kyle has always been scared as them, ever since he was a kid. They started bullying him when he was 12 and bullied him for three years.” Caleb continues, he knew the deeper story to it and decided he would tell Benny as well.

“So you think that they have kidnapped him?” Benny asks as his concern for his friend grows he just wishes that he had offered Kyle a ride home or served the table himself. What if he died? Kyle was a nice guy but was just misunderstood. Everyone saw him as grumpy but in reality the just wanted the best for the restaurant so that Brax would respect him. He was actually quite a friendly guy if everything was calm. 

“Yea.” Brax sighs, he was kidnapped by them he just wished he knew where, he decided to start at the caravan park. 

“I'll handle it here, just give me a text if you find him.” Benny smiles lightly, he would work the whole day if it meant that Kyle would be found. He was nice enough to hire him two years ago, even though he was a 26 year old high school drop out who had no previous job. Kyle had obviously seen that Benny could be a hard worker and Benny was nothing but grateful towards the younger man. 

"You sure?” Brax asks, it was extremely uncommon that neither him or Kyle would not be in the restaurant at anytime. 

“Yea I'll call Parker, he’ll be worried as well.” Benny smiles lightly knowing that Parker was another worker that knew that Kyle was actually a good guy. 

"Cheer Benny.” Brax smiles knowing that the restaurant would be in safe hands with Parker and Benny, he then turns to Caleb and Haley. 

“Lets find him.” He sighs as they rush out the door to try and find Kyle.
Jake, Phoebe, Carter, Issac, Clark and Billy were all checking into a hotel, Jake still had all his dads money privileges and had enough money so they could all have their own room, well apart from him and Phoebe. They were currently lying on the bed watching a movie. 

“Baby, I'm sorry I made you date that loser.” Jake smirks, he did feel guilty for making his girlfriend date someone she didn't like but he found it funny how much Kyle actually loved her. 

“It's over now, now can I watch Safe Haven it's on.” Phoebe smiles lightly. 

“Did spineless let you watch it.” Jake smirks he hated romantic movies and didn’t really wanna watch one.

“Yea.” Phoebe smiles lightly, Kyle would let her pick movies all the time, he hardly ever made her watch action movies unless his brothers were around. 

“Well, I'm not whipped like him so no, the footie is on.” Jake smirks putting on the footie and grinning lightly at Phoebe, “then maybe we can watch a girlie movie.” He laughs putting his arm around Phoebe and kissing her cheek. 

Phoebe had only two men in her life, Kyle and Jake, two completely different personalities. She loved Jake and hated Kyle but she did wish that Jake would have some of Kyle's qualities. 

Flashback 

22 year old Kyle Braxton was making himself comfy on the couch it was his day off and he was about to watch the footie. His girlfriend Phoebe came in and sat beside him. 

“Really!” She groans she hated watching the footie and gave Kyle a look as if to say. “Can I pick a movie?” 

Kyle rolled his eyes and smirked at his girlfriend leaning down and kisses her lightly on the lips. 

“Here, I'll watch the replay later with the boys.” He smiles throwing his arm around her and pulling her close as she managed to find p.s I love you which was just about to start. 

Phoebe lay in Kyle's arms watching the movie and wondering if any other guy would give up footie for p.s I love you. 

End of Flashback 

In the next room the other boys were all having a drink. 

“When do you think Jake will give us the all nod to let the dork out?” Clark asks, he knew that Kyle had already been in there all night and was wondering if he was going to be in there for another night. 

“Who knows, who cares.” Issac smirks, deep down he knew that the reason he was a big bully to Kyle was because he was jealous of him but he would never admit that. He would never admit to himself or defiantly not anyone else that he was jealous of Kyle Braxton, the biggest nerd he had ever known. No way all the guys and Phoebe would laugh their heads off, so he didn't care if Kyle died, all it meant was there was no longer something to be jealous of. 

"But the longer he's in there the more angry his brothers are going to be and the angrier they are the harder they'll look for us.” Billy sighs. He didn't want Kyle's big brothers after him, the others could probably handle them but not him. 

“Guys he's a loser, who actually cares.” Carter laughs with a shake of his head. He had always hated Kyle. The kid who was basically two years younger than him and was smarter than him, he wouldn't care less if he died. 

“True.” Clark laughs, he was always happy to bully Kyle, it kept life fun. Even if it made Kyle feel miserable, he actually couldn't care less. 

Issac gets up to get every another drink and sits back down. “Besides it's his own fault he should of succeeded at killing himself when he was a kid.” He smirks as the boys all clinch their drinks together. 

Brax was panicking as he reached the caravan house. 

“Alf!” He yells he had to find his brother, a storm was forecasted and there had only been a few storms in Summer Bay since he has lived here and they aren't pretty. 

“Hey Darryl, shouldn't you be at home away from the storm that is coming?” Alf asks as he puts several keys on the key hooks, no one wanted to stay in a caravan on a day and possibly night like this. 

“Have you seen Kyle at all?” Brax asks, feeling sick to his stomach as he can see the black storm clouds getting closer. 

“No, not since yesterday when he was in the diner for a coffee before he opened, why? What's happened?” Alf asks he was worried because of the look of worry on Braxs face, the Braxton's hardly ever got worried. 

“He's been missing since last night. He never came home from work and he's not answering his phone.” Haley blurts with her worry for her boyfriend only growing. 

Alf looked at the clock on the wall. 4:52, it had certainly been long enough. 

“Alf we checked the beach, angelos, the diner, mangrove Heath is checking Yabbie Creek now but we don't know where else to look, please tell me there's a caravan under his name.” Brax begs. 

Alf gives him an odd look why would Kyle get a caravan when he has a house. 

“Okay I know that's weird considering he has a house but when he needs to clear his head, he stays away.” Haley explains, she too was looking at the fastly approaching storm clouds and felt sick. 

“What's going on?” Roo asks coming up behind Alf. 

“Young Kyle's missing.” Alf says sadly, this was not good. Someone can't be away for this long without being missing. 

"Right, what about what you said earlier about Phoebe and her new boyfriend…. Actually on that note when did they break up?” Roo asks, curious to see when the two young lovers actually broke up. 

“Ahhh, four maybe five weeks ago. They broke up because…” Brax sighs he hated telling this story it was long confusing at times and just plain sad. 

“Kyle proposed to Phoebe who said no, which then lead to them ‘both’ being upset.” Brax starts putting a sarcastic tone in the both. 

“Basically Phoebe never loved Kyle she dated him as a sick joke for her boyfriend who was actually her fiancé for the entire time they were together, this fiancé happens to be Kyle's high school bully and now he's back bullying him all over again.” Caleb explains he needed to find his best friend a storm was coming and it wasn't going to be pretty. 

"Wait, Phoebe and her boyfriend they are here?” Brax asks, hoping that he can finally beat those jerks up and get his brother home before something really bad happens.  

“Were, they left earlier today.” Alf sighs sadly he wished he had better news but they were gone, who knows where they were now. 

Brax crouches down to his knees feeling sick, he had to find his brother soon. Caleb hugs Haley and runs his hands through her hair, reassuring her that everything was going to be okay. 

Kyle had managed to sit on the ground it was a tight squeeze but surprisingly comfier than standing up, he was hungry, thirsty and the temperature was dropping rapidly, making it what felt like nearly the coldest evening he had had in Summer Bay, suddenly he heard a rumble and a crack. His heart began to race rapidly, his body suddenly became sweaty and his body started to tremble, he tried to calm himself down by trying to pretend her didn't hear it, with every rumble and crack to only became worse, tears were now streaming down his face, he had kept a phobia from Andy, he wished he had gotten rid of it when he was a kid but his mum never had the money for a therapist and Marcus and Pip were too worried about Jacob and Bella's panic attacks with the one storm he had in the foster home, when they were only 5 and he was 10 they were so scared he had to let them have the help. But now it was worse much worse, why him why did he have to have Astraphobia.

Great chapter 

Good Brax told Haley Kyle is missing.

Glad Alf told Brax about Jake and co staying in the caravan park.

I hope Kyle will be found soon 

Update again soon :)

Archived