Marry Me?

Suzza101

Thank you Kristen ~JarlieFanEver~ and Ludub for your comments

Chapter 24

Andy lead Kyle into the house. 

"Hey Ky, you get the Pizza, Ky! what happened hey look at me, what happened are you okay?" Brax asks seeing Kyle's tear stained face and him wearing what he was guessing was Andy's shirt because it was bout 4 sizes too big for him and that fact that Andy was shirtless. 

Kyle launches himself into Brax's arms struggling to breath and tears streaming down his face. 

Brax smiles lightly his brother was touching him again, not only that but he was hugging him. Something he hardly ever did before this happened, let only after he had been through such a traumatic ordeal.  

"Hey Buddy, it's okay." Brax hushes him holding him tightly, his brother shuddering in his arms, Andy's shirt wet with sweat and tears.  

"No it's not, everything not alright and it never will be again." Kyle cries. 

"No buddy i promise, you'll be okay." Brax sighs running his hand through Kyle's soft brown hair. 

"No no no!!!" Kyle screams. 

Brax turns to Andy, Hannah, Josh and Evie who are all looking at the scene playing out in front of them. 

"Hey Andy, Do you mind getting our pizza, Ky might be a bit hungry." Brax sighs. 

"Yea sure mate, lets go guys." Andy sighs pulling Hannah away. 

"Ky, sit." Brax sighs.

Kyle sits down and the couch his head in his hands. 

"It happened again." Kyle cries. 

"No Ky, please tell me it didn't." Brax begs. 

"Their back, their all coming back." Kyle cries. 

"Who mate who are coming back?" Brax asks.

"No one okay." Kyle shrugs awkwardly. 

Brax seance that Kyle was hiding something. 

"Ky, who?" Brax asks. 

'IT DOESN'T MATTER BRAX!!!" Kyle yells his brown eyes filled with tears, all Kyle wanted to do was to tell his brother the truth, that kids had made is life a living hell in high school and that they were all coming back to do it all again. But he couldn't he just couldn't, he couldn't open up to his brother with something that personal, What if he laughed at him and called him a weak baby like his bullies always did. 

"Ky, i promise. I'll look after you." Brax smiles. 

"My Bullies." Kyle sobs admitting it. 

Brax was taken back Kyle was talking about his childhood, this ad not happened a lot before. 

"I was bullied for three years." Kyle sighs rubbing his hands together. 

"By who?" Brax asks. 

"Five guys and Phoebe." Kyle sighs. 

Of course Brax already knew all this but he wanted to hear it from Kyle again to check he really was okay. 

"What were their names?" Brax asks. 

'YOU ALREADY KNOW!" Kyle screams. 

"Ky please." Brax begs. 

"Carter, Issac, Billy, Clark and Jake." Kyle cries him shuddering more with the mention of Jake's name. 

"it's  going to be okay Ky." Brax whispers. 

'NO IT WONT." Kyle screams and runs to his room leaving his phone on the table. 

Brax sees a name pop up on the screen,

CALEB

He picks up the phone, he had never talked to this friend of Kyle's before. 

"Hello." He answers. 

"I need your help, i'll send you directions how to get here, but Kyle needs you." He sighs and smiles when he says he's on his way. 

Brax just hoped that one of Kyle's friends could help him since he's not doing such a good job at the moment. He sits on the couch an sighs he had no idea whether it was going to help or not but he felt like it was his best shot

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brax woke up at 9 int he morning to the sound of knocking at the door. When he opened it it revealed a guy who was about 30cm taller than him and broader as well. 

"I'm looking for Kyle." He smiles.

"Your one of the little punks aren't you." Brax hisses grabbing him by the shirt.

"Dude back off." He hisses. 

"Eh? Who are you, Carter, Clark, Billy, Issac or are you Jake." Brax growls. 

"I'm Caleb, i was told to come here." He huffs. 

"You're Kyle's best friend." Brax mutters. 

"We're practically brothers." Caleb smiles as Brax lets him go. 

"Look i'm sorry Kyle's been through a lot in the past week or so and if you happened to be one of those punks i was going to strangle you." Brax sighs as he lets Caleb in. 

"All good, i'll help i was there first time round and it wasn't pretty, it's awful he's being treated like it again." Caleb sighs. 

"How'd you get here so fast, i only called last night?" Brax questioned. 

"Yea and as soon as we finished talking i packed a bag and drove here, Kyle is the best mate that i could have ever asked for, when i came out i got teased, i was a brave 10 year old and i came out, it turned harsh, Kids called me names, shoved me in lockers, Garbage bins and did all the usual bully stuff and they threatened to do the same to any kid that was still my friend because they said if anyone hang out with a gay kid then they must be gay, That didn't stop Kyle though. The amount of times he got shoved in his locker, or in garbage bins the amount of times that he got given wedgies was sickening all because he refused to stop being my friend. so Yea i rushed here because he would do the same for me in a heartbeat, he would probably even break the speed limit just to be there for me, We are brothers." Caleb sighs. 

"Why'd you never stop them, you look big enough." Brax sighs. 

"There were 5 i hope you realise that." Caleb mumbles. 

"Yea sorry i do it's just i want to help my brother,he's so lost and ever since Phoebe rejected his proposal........" Brax starts until he's interrupted with a scoff.

"What, not a fan of Phoebe." Brax smiles glad that this kid hated Phoebe as well. 

"That's an understatement, when her and Kyle were in year 12 they started dating i knew that she was a bitch right then and there." Caleb sighs. 

"Why?" Brax asks. 

"Because she used Kyle as her personal nerd and threatened to reveal that he had never kissed a girl  till he started dating her to the whole school." Caleb sighs. 

Flashback

15 year old Kyle Bennett was sitting with his 17 year old girlfriend Phoebe Nicolson. He was such a young year 12. Pretty much a baby but it looked like he was going to get the top of the year. 

"Baby, i have an english paper due tomorrow but i'm going to the movies with the girls tonight, can you please do it, i'll love you forever." Phoebe grins. 

Kyle's best amte Caleb Davies glared at her. 

"Sure, no worries, i love you too." Kyle smiles kissing Phoebe and going to get himself a drink of coke. 

"You make me sick." Caleb hisses. 

'Still not a fan of me, ohhhh thats right your gay." Phoebe hisses. 

"Back off aye, you may of tricked him, but i still think you're a monster." Caleb grunts. 

"You're a baby." Phoebe hisses. 

"You're less than a year older than me." Caleb grunts we was 17 in 6 months. and you've only been 17 for three days." Caleb hisses. 

"Yea and you baby of a best friend has only been 15 fr a week."Phoebe laughs. 

You don't love him at all do you." Caleb groans. 

"No i'm using him for his brains and you tell anyone and i'll reveal to the whole school that i'm the first person the little baby nerd has kissed," Phoebe laughs. 

Kyle comes back and grins at Phoebe. 

"I got you one to babe." Kyle grins. 

"Thanks sweets." Phoebe grins and death glares Caleb. 

End of flashback. 

" I didn't realise she was that bad." Brax sighs. 

"Yea, he hadn't tried to you know.........." Caleb starts. 

"Kill himself?" Brax asks. 

Caleb nods his head hoping he would say no.

"No not yet, what was it like the first time?" Brax asks. 

"Bad i was the one that found him." Caleb sighs. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS I AHD TO CHANGE SOME AGES AROUND BECAUSE I REMEMBERED THAT SCHOOLS IN AUSTRALIA ONLY GOT TO YEAR 12, IN NZ THEY GOT TO YEAR 13 AND I HAD TO MAKE PEOPLE YOUNGER SO THAT IT COULD ALL WORK OUT SO INSTEAD KYLE WENT FROM YEAR 8 TO YEAR 9 AND HE WAS 12 WHEN HE MOVED NOT 13.  

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CALEB, DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP KYLE?

ON A SCALE OF 1-10 HOW CRUEL WOULD TOU RATE PHOEBE? 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caleb sounds like a really lovely guy and I'm glad that Brax had the good sense to call him for help. I think Kyle really needs him right now. I'm also glad that Kyle was able to let Brax in and let him hug him. Great chapter! x

Phoebe's an 11. Although part of me wonders if she hasn't sort of been a victim too in a twisted kind of way. It's sort of like she was brainwashed by her boyfriend all those years ago. She agreed to prostitute herself for years with Kyle because her boyfriend told her to. That's pretty sad.

Thank you Kristen ~JarlieFanEver~ and Ludub for your comments

Chapter 25 

"You found him." Brax gasps. 

"Yea, do you have any idea what it's like for a 14 year old to find his  13 year old best mate, bleeding to death in their bedroom." Caleb sighs, 

"I can't imagine, I'm so sorry." Brax sighs. 

"Yea well Kyle, he was hurting so bad, Jake and his gang had just embarrassed his in front of so many people, Kyle ran home that day. I wanted to give him space." Caleb starts to cry. 

"I knew that he was hurting but I didn't think he would go and try to kill himself, I was just giving him some space and he tried to kill himself, if I had been there with him he wouldn't have tried but I wasn't and he nearly turned out dead because of it." Caleb cries. 

"It's not your fault." Brax whispers. 

"I should have been there for him but I wasn't." Caleb sobs. 

FLASHBACK

13 year old Kyle Bennett ran to his room and slammed the door, is life was over. Jake's gang had just completely and utterly embarrassed him, why did he have to be so smart and be in the year above, he should be a year 8 with kids who are actually closer to his size and not too much older than him, he was younger than a huge majority of kids in Year 8 let alone the kids in year 9. 

earlier that day.

Kyle was showering after gym and after he had finished he opened his locker to find it empty.

"Come on Carter and Issac." Kyle sighs mentioning the two of his bullies in his year.

"Oh come on Kylie give us a twirl." Isaac laughs. 

"Give me my clothes!" Kyle yells but it came out as more of a squeak. 

"hahaha you call that yelling, not even kids would be scared of that voice." Carter sneers.

"Please." Kyle begs. 

Carter holds up Kyle's clothes.

"Hey, give 'em back." Kyle begs reaching for them. 

'No." Carter laughs. 

"It's not funny." Kyle hisses.

'Well i find hilarious how about you go kill yourself you little baby loser. No one loves you. You're a foster kid!!!! Even before you were you didn't know love, you were a mistake. Your parents hated each other and they hate you." Isaac laughs. 

"What do you think boys." Carter calls at all the boys in the changing room.

"Yea." They all agree. 

Kyle blushes red.

"Just give me my clothes, you've had your fun." Kyle sighs.

"No." Carter laughs. 

Issac came up behind Kyle and pulled on his towel luckily Kyle caught it before it feel.

"Is Kylie embarrassed by something." Isaac sneers right in Kyle's ear.

Why did Gym have to be compulsory.

"No, just give me my clothes." Kyle sighs reaching again for his clothes this time taking both hands off and Issac took the as his opportunity to pull away the towel.

"Ha, loser!" Carter sneers.

Kyle runs at Issac.

"Give it back!" Kyle yells. 

"Ohhhhhh so terrifying." Issac glares.

Issac shoves him into Carter who shoves him outside back into the gym where the rugby team and netball team were training.

'Let me back in." Kyle pleads. 

The Rugby team were closing in on I'm with their phones and the girl's netball team were giggling with each other pointing at him.

"Baby schooler." The captain of the rugby team laughs. 

"He's so tiny." The netball wing defence giggles. 

"all right you lot back it up." The gym teacher sighs. "You okay Bennett?" He asks. 

"Yea, are you able to let me in?" Kyle asks. 

"Sure sonny." He grins unlocking the door and letting Kyle in, his clothes were by his locker and the locker room was empty.

"Thanks Mr Baz." Kyle sighs getting changed.

"No worries kid, do you wanna sit for a moment." He smiles kindly, Kyle liked him so far he was friendly and  was one of the teachers that did acknowledge that he was younger.

Kyle nods his head as he finishes getting changed. He sites next to his gym teacher. 

"who pushes you out?" Mr Baz asks.

"They grabbed me from behind." Kyle mumbles lying through is teeth.  

"I was never big in school kiddo, i have no idea how you feel being so much younger than everyone else." Mr Baz smiles kindly.

Kyle looked at his gym teacher he didn't look small.

"But you're big, i mean strong." Kyle sighs.

"That's because i starting doing too many weight, it controlled my life, i don't want that happening to you, you my boy are a little genius and you can be want ever you want to be in life and one day you will be their boss and they won't be laughing at you then, you'll be on top." Mr Baz smiles kindly. 

Kyle nods his head, Yea right. he would never be above them.

"Thanks Mr Baz." Kyle smiles walking out. 

"Look after yourself sonny and i'll make sure all the photos are deleted." Mr Baz smiles

It wouldn't make a difference, and the embarrassment would be too much he had to end it he had to end it all. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyle pulled out the razor blade that his older foster brother Theo kept in his draw, he slammed the draw shut with the razor sticking in it sit broke and then picked up the biggest bit and cut himself over and over again he then feel to the floor and cried. he wanted it all to end.

END OF FLASHBACK

Brax looks at his hands, Kyle's childhood wasn't just painful for him but the people who cared for him as well.

"it's not your fault." Brax repeats. 

"You sure, what if he tries it again and I'm the only one there." Caleb cries. 

"We are all here for Kyle I promise." Brax smiles. 

"I just don't want him to attempt it again." Caleb sobs. 

Brax looks at this young man and it was so weird seeing him cry, he was a big boy and Brax found it very surprising seeing a guy his size crying. 

"It's going to be okay." Brax sighs. 

"Where's Kyle?" Caleb asks. 

"His room." Brax sighs. 

Caleb looks at his hands, should he go see his friend, his best mate.

"Cal?" Kyle calls from the doorway.

"Mate." Caleb smiles opening his arms indicating a hug. 

Kyle walks up to Caleb and jumped into his arms.

"Mate, I'm here." Caleb whispers pulling Kyle closer to his chest. 

Kyle rested his head on his best mates chest. 

"I've missed you." Kyle whispers. 

Brax didn't know where to look, his little brother was finally seeing his best friend. Should he leave them? Stay just in case Kyle needs him? 

"Ky I'm going to the restaurant, call if you need me yea?" Brax smiles deciding that he will leave them alone.

"yea cheers Brax." Kyle smiles slightly pulling away from Caleb, they sit down on the couch. 

"I'm sorry mate, is that the news you wanted to tell me." Caleb sighs. 

"Yea I proposed." Kyle mumbles. 

Caleb lowers his head, Phoebe was never good enough for Kyle. He knew it his best friend was 1000 times better and kinder than Phoebe Nicholson.

"sorry to hear that mate she didn't deserve you." Caleb sighs. 

"No I didn't deserve her." Kyle sighs. 

Caleb looks at his friend whose self esteem was so so low. 

"You're wrong." Caleb grunts. 

Kyle looks up at his eyes wide with shock, Caleb never spoke to him with a harsh tone. 

"Look your a much better and bigger person than she will ever be." Caleb smiles. 

"You're just like my brothers aren't you, she's beautiful and i'm a loser!" Kyle yells. 

"Mate." Caleb starts. 

"Don't mate me, you hate me!" Kyle yells running out the door. 

"Ohh ****." Caleb sighs picking up his phone and calling the person he knows will be able to teach Kyle to love himself again. 

"Hey sis, i need your help." 

Thank you, Kristen ~JarlieFanEver~ and Ludub for your comments

Chapter 26

Caleb sat on the couch running a hand through his hair. 

"Ky!" Heath calls, he walks in and sees Caleb, he didn't know who the heck this kid was but after all Kyle has been through he was cautious of everyone. 

"Hey." Caleb grins, knowing that this was Heath, Kyle had mentioned a big brother who was a bit of a menace and it was easy to see that this was him. 

"And you are?" Heath asks grunting, This kid was big, big enough to be a bully, without a doubt, he grabs Caleb by the shirt.

"YOU LITTLE PUNK!" He yells. Shaking him hard and putting up a fist threatening to punch him. 

"Dude I'm not one of the bullies." Caleb groans.

"Then who are you aye?" Heath asks. 

"He's Ky's best mate, so let him go you boofhead."  Brax grunts pulling Heath away from Caleb, this kd could be the only one that could actually help Kyle and he didn't need Heath throttling him.

"So you were friends with Ky, I'm sorry just with everything going on, I Just don't want my little brother getting hurt again, he's been hurt too much." Heath sighs. 

"Yeah well there might be a problem, he's gone he bolted."  Caleb sighs. 

"Oh no, okay split up, you check the beach Heath, I'll check Yabbie Creek and Caleb can you check just around the streets." Brax sighs splitting everyone up. 

"He won't be at the beach trust me." Caleb sighs. 

"Look, We need to check everywhere okay." Brax sighs as he shoves Heath out the door and quickly follows. 

"But he can't swim." Caleb sighs quietly shaking his head with disbelief. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyle was sitting up a tree, he had always been a tree climber but now that he was tall it was easier. He used to climb and climb up tress just to get away from Jake and the rest of his stupid gang.

He sees Heath walking under him. He knows he should tell him that he's up there but what so that he can just tell him that everything is going got be okay, Na Kyle didn't want that, He wanted to be alone. 

"Ky!" He calls. Kyle looked down at Heath, he looked worried, really worried. Sometimes he hated being the little brother, Brax and Heath still treated him like a little kid all the time, sometimes he needed it like the last couple of days but all the time, no Kyle didn't want to be the baby brother that had to go running to his big brothers whenever things went south for him, he had to be brave he had to face his demons. 

"Ky come on you out here?" Heath calls. 

Heath turns around and walks back where he came from and Kyle rests his head against the tree, he decided to stay there for a little bit longer until he was 100% sure that Heath would be gone. 

When he decides that it's been long enough he climbs down the tree. 

"Check out the spider monkey boys." Carter laughs. 

Kyle charges towards him. 

"If you have a problem with me just say it." Kyle hisses. 

"Ohhhh look at this boys Baby Braxton's found a backbone. What are you to do aye, cry to your big brothers Ohh big bros my childhood bullies are back." Isaac mimics.

"Shut it." Kyle hisses.

Isaac approaches Kyle and stares him down, Kyle may be the tallest Braxton but Issac was still a fair bit taller than him, he stares him down and gets right in his face.

"You think you can beat us, we're the big ones, we're the older ones, I'm the youngest and yet I'm still way older than you newborn." Isaac snarls. 

"You don't scare me anymore, I'm not that little kid anymore," Kyle replies calmly but he is scared inside like he was as a kid but e had to stand up for himself or things would never get better. 

"Listen here Kylie, If we don't scare you, Jake will just have more fun with you, you scared of him." Carter laughs. 

Kyle looks up at him and he can't hide the fear in his eyes. 

"Yea that's what I thought, so run along and don't even think that you can stand up to us again." Clark laughs.

"You're girlfriend stood up to you when she found out that you were a waste of space." Kyle hisses.

Clark grabs Kyle by the hair. eyeballing him furiously with his vicious brown eyes, they were a different brown to Kyle's his were more chocolaty where as Clarks eyes had black in them as well. 

"What did you say you little punk." Clark glares.

"So why'd she dump you then, found out that you were too stupid." Kyle hisses then cries out in agony as Clark pulls on his hair more. He knew that this would end badly for him but at the moment he didn't care, he wasn't feeling like curling into a ball with people touching him, he was too wound up.

"It seems like someone needs to be taught a lesson yea." Carter grins grabbing Kyle by the t shirt.

"Like I said Carter you don't scare me anymore I'm an adult and you can't push around anymore." Kyle hisses. 

"Ha! that's a joke right you are what like 23 I'm 25 so is Issac and Clark and Jake are 26. you're are still just a little shrimp." Carter laughs. 

"So you still don't scare me." Kyle hisses. 

"How about we go for a swim then." Isaac laughs. 

"Try me." Kyle challenges but his voice gets shaky he can't swim he never learned how.

"Ohhh the fear is finally coming out boys, so tell me shrimpy how do your brother feel about having a brother who can't swim." Isaac laughs. 

Kyle looks at his feet not uttering a word.

"Ohhh they don't know, what you don't want them to find out what a loser you are." Clark chuckles slapping Kyle in the gut. 

"Go back to your own pathetic lives and stay out of my life." Kyle glares. 

"What we had this planned all along, that's why Phebs dated you." Isaac laughs. 

Kyle looks up shocked, he didn't know this. 

"Ohhhhh you didn't know that your whole relationship was a lie, Na Phebs didn't love you, she thinks you a pathetic wimp of a nerd, so i guess that means that you've just spent the last 7 or 8 years of your life in love with a girl who didn't love you in the slightest bit, How does that feel you dweeb, Hurt? it should I hope you realise that you proposed to a girl that wasn't going to say yes in a million years even if she was paid she wouldn't. Hope the ring didn't come too much." Isaac chuckles. 

Kyle lunges towards him but Carter holds him back tight.

"We got some fire boys, it's good." Carter chuckles slapping Kyle on the back. 

"How much did the ring cost Kylie Wylie?" Clark asks. 

"Less than the amount of money your parents spent to get you a scholarship since you completely flunked exams." Kyle hisses, 

Clark grabs him off Carter and bangs him up against a tree and lifts him up.  

"How much or they'll have to find you a permanent residence in the hospital." Clark hisses. 

"$5000," Kyle replies.

Clark lets him go and they all make a semi circle around Kyle. 

"So you wasted $5000 on a ring for a girl that had no chance of saying yes to you, that's honestly the most pathetic thing I've ever heard, Hey here's an idea you can give it to Jake that means you will basically give her the ring." Isaac chuckles. 

"Huh?" Kyle asks confused. 

"Ohhhh sorry baby doesn't know, the whole time you are Phoebe were together she was engaged to Jake their wedding is in three months." Carter chuckles. 

Kyle looks at his feet he's never felt so used and hurt in his life and he has been through a horrific childhood. 

"You can go now." Clark hisses punching Kyle in the gut, causing him to fall to the ground in agony.

"Ha! you're not going to last one week with Jake out if this all it takes to get you down." Carter laughs. 

They all walk away laughing and chatting, Kyle looks after them his plan to stand up to his bullies didn't go well at all.

Heyyy Guys just a couple of questions.

1. Who do you think is the worst bully so far out of Clark, Carter and Issac?

and 

2. Are you all enjoying the flashbacks? 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Kyle! On some level it's a good thing that he knows the truth about Phoebe, but it must be absolutely soul destroying to know that she never loved him at all and that their whole relationship was a lie! :( I'm glad he found the strength to stand up for himself though. 

They're all pretty bad but Isaac is probably the worst. And yeah, I definitely enjoy the flashbacks. It let's you see what he's been through and why he's been behaving like this. 

Archived