Things they could have done with old characters

beau_t

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/07/2017 at 9:02 PM, KKB said:

They could of brought Joel Nash back in 2001 when Gypsy's pregnancy storyline was happening and he could of revealed him and Nat are now divorced and he has been to visit Judith, Edward and Peta

I never understood Joel and Natalie's ending. I read they were both axed in favour of the Sutherlands, so why didn't leave together, or at the very least have "staggered exits"? It's not like anything was gained long-term from her having a baby with another man.

I also felt like Joel and Judith were just thrown together to give their characters something to do until they left. 

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, adam436 said:

I never understood Joel and Natalie's ending. I read they were both axed in favour of the Sutherlands, so why didn't leave together, or at the very least have "staggered exits"? It's not like anything was gained long-term from her having a baby with another man.

I also felt like Joel and Judith were just thrown together to give their characters something to do until they left. 

I never understood it either David said he would have stayed longer if he could. I didn't even like The Sutherlands as much as The Nashes. I agree about Joel and Judith being thrown together.

On 16/07/2017 at 9:48 PM, adam436 said:

I think the reason why they didn't leave together was that Joel & Natalie's contracts ended at different times.

Funny how at the beginning of 2000 we had 10 older regulars, and by the end of the year half of them were gone. I believe they were all axed except for Ailsa and Ken.

I think Shelley was a nicer mother than Natalie, but I think Joel was a nicer father than Rhys.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, j.laur5 said:

I think the reason why they didn't leave together was that Joel & Natalie's contracts ended at different times.

Funny how at the beginning of 2000 we had 10 older regulars, and by the end of the year half of them were gone. I believe they were all axed except for Ailsa and Ken.

I think Shelley was a nicer mother than Natalie, but I think Joel was a nicer father than Rhys.

Yeah that's true however Joel's actor wanted to stay longer but they had to write him out because of him not having anymore storylines.

Yeah it is funny about how we had 10 older regulars and then at the end half of them had being written out.

I don't know about the Shelley and Nat thing but I agree about Joel being nicer than Rhys.

51 minutes ago, KKB said:

Yeah that's true however Joel's actor wanted to stay longer but they had to write him out because of him not having anymore storylines.

Yeah it is funny about how we had 10 older regulars and then at the end half of them had being written out.

I don't know about the Shelley and Nat thing but I agree about Joel being nicer than Rhys.

But they could paired Joel up with Irene.

13 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

But they could paired Joel up with Irene.

Yeah they could that would be an interesting pair. Have you read the fanfic Love Bites on here they get paired in that

I think they should have looked at doing an older character pregnancy and possibly having the mother having to choose to keep or terminate, or maybe if there were labour complications have the mother and father choose between the mother or the child. It would have also served interesting if e.g. Natalie Nash died while in childbirth leaving Joel to raise a newborn and grieve. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, joany208121 said:

I think they should have looked at doing an older character pregnancy and possibly having the mother having to choose to keep or terminate, or maybe if there were labour complications have the mother and father choose between the mother or the child. It would have also served interesting if e.g. Natalie Nash died while in childbirth leaving Joel to raise a newborn and grieve. 

I would have liked to see the Nat Nash dieing at childbirth leaving Joel to raise a new born and grieve

Archived