Home and Away won't screen during the Olympics

Pantherboy

2 hours ago, Home and Away said:

Could you please not make your font and colour choice so hard to read? If you could keep it the same as everyone else it would be much appreciated so I can further enjoy reading your posts. Thank you.

Text amended back to standard [Ariel] ..... but the blue stays. Totally my signature.

Ok I had posted something on the TV2 Home and Away page (New Zealand) on Facebook saying:

'Hey I was just wondering if Home And Away will be going off air for a break in August due to the Olympics airing in Australia? Because New Zealand is a week behind Australia.'

And I got a reply from them saying:

'Hi Sarah, yes that's right. When it takes a break in Australia we will follow suit.'

So it's confirmed that it will be off air here in New Zealand from 8th August to 22nd August while the Olympics are airing in Australia.

• 1 month later...

I remember the 2000 olympic cliffhanger with the mudslide that destroyed the Stewart house leaving Ailsa and others trapped inside. A lot of people thought Ailsa was going to die because Judy Nunn had just announced she was leaving the show. Do you think the announcement was cleverly timed to co-incide with the episodes, or just a coincidence?

Archived