What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

35 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

It is just 2 months away now so the episodes are probably being filmed now, or have just been filmed. But it does seem they are going to let the anniversary go by unnoticed as the celebrations seem to be very minimal. Neighbours 30th was very well marketed and promoted.

Alex Papps mentioned in an interview that he believes the producers of Home and Away would be having some of the old cast on for the 30th year reunion.

It's unfortunate that we don't get to see many candid photos in Australia, like the actors on set etc 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have since found out that

Spoiler

A woman named Martha is coming into the show played by Belinda Giblin. Martha is rumoured to be the dead wife of Alf, and a rewrite of history may be on the cards and she never died at all. She had been dead 3 years by the time the show began. She may be in flashbacks or just as a ghost vision to Alf so may not be a rewrite. However Martha was only about 40 when she died in 1985 and Belinda Giblin is about 60 odd now.

It could be an unrelated character called Martha. We'll know more when her surname is revealed.

On 10/20/2017 at 12:11, Ludub said:

Ooh, you're just stirring the pot now, aren't you? :lol:<_< I can just sense the frothing at the mouth that that comment must have caused. People just itching to start writing bile-filled comments full of Braxton-hate (Pembie rubs his hands together and sits back to enjoy the show) haha!

I'd be fine with Brax returning if they didn't make it ABOUT him or his family (Five years was enough ok). Maybe him, Ricky and Case pop in for a visit for some reason but not clog up the plot.

6 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Well I have since found out that

Hide contents

A woman named Martha is coming into the show played by Belinda Giblin. Martha is rumoured to be the dead wife of Alf, and a rewrite of history may be on the cards and she never died at all. She had been dead 3 years by the time the show began. She may be in flashbacks or just as a ghost vision to Alf so may not be a rewrite. However Martha was only about 40 when she died in 1985 and Belinda Giblin is about 60 odd now.

It could be an unrelated character called Martha. We'll know more when her surname is revealed.

Spoiler

I could be wrong but I thought Roos mother passed when she was 15, 2 years before the Fletcher's arrived? 

• 2 weeks later...

2018, rings a bell!

The year of Meaghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding.

100 Years since World War One ended.

and..

30 years of Home and Away!

In 2008, we saw the 20 year revelation of Milco, who was indeed real.

In 1998, we saw Ian return and he changed the show for ever as we knew it.

So.. What would you like to see in the anniversary?

On 21/11/2017 at 21:37, harrietjames said:

@Summer's BayThat is (currently) believed to be that case. However "Milko" was Sally's imaginary friend until it was found that he was actually real when Miles Copeland arrived...

My memory escapes me. ? Wasn’t Miles Sally’s twin brother or something?

14 minutes ago, Marls said:

My memory escapes me. ? Wasn’t Miles Sally’s twin brother or something?

Yes he was! But she didn’t know he existed. She had an imaginary friend called milco as a child which transpired to be her twin. That’s was the 20th anniversary year that was 

The Milco twist was one of the best things I've seen on a TV series in a long time, let alone just on H&A. I'm not sure they could ever come close to a plot twist like that again, although if the thing mentioned in the spoilers is true, it could well top it (or it could be the worst thing ever :) ). But it would be hard to believe that some old characters wouldn't make a reappearance next year. Perhaps we'll hear a bit more news about the 30th anniversary celebrations (or lack of them) in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, 630si said:

Yes he was! But she didn’t know he existed. She had an imaginary friend called milco as a child which transpired to be her twin. That’s was the 20th anniversary year that was 

Yes, that’s right now I remember. Would love them to come back with Pippa. To know how her treatment went

Archived