What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

7 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Would be good if Channel 5 promoted the 30th anniversary as 20 years ago H&A was one of the most watched shows on TV and was one of the most iconic along with Corrie, Emmerdale, EastEnders and Neighbours. H&A was huuuge in the UK from 1989-c1998-2000.

Hopefully they will do something. They made quite a song and dance about the neighbours 30th and they even put it on at 10pm which seemed to really work. 

I don't think we'll get that though. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the fact they are filming January's episodes now and nothing has been announced in relation to 30th celebrations, my hopes are wearing thin.

It's a shame really as H&A was THE best soap in terms of acknowledging its history and we have had some amazing reunions that other soaps could never pull off (Sally's wedding to Kieran, the Mirgini disaster, episode 4000). 

We've also had a big influx of new characters in recent months which makes me feel the show is further using its identity and one or two familiar faces in a permanent return might have been better.

One thing they have got better at is giving the Diner ladies, Marilyn, Roo, Irene and Leah better stories as without them and Alf,  I don't think the show would actually be Home and Away anymore 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, pembie said:

Brax could return :lol: I do miss him now his not around

Ooh, you're just stirring the pot now, aren't you? :lol:<_< I can just sense the frothing at the mouth that that comment must have caused. People just itching to start writing bile-filled comments full of Braxton-hate (Pembie rubs his hands together and sits back to enjoy the show) haha!

• 1 month later...

I would love a dream sequence where Sally is returning to Summer Bay but the night before, dreams about the past characters and imagining life with them around now 

Tom and Pippa (Vanessa) still married with more Foster children

Bobby and Frank remarried with Sam and their own children 

Carly Ben and their family coming into town for a visit 

Steven coming into town with his family

Dag Dog's puppies running around

Alf and Ailsa still together

Donald married

Archived