What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

On 5/7/2017 at 3:36 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

Debra Lawrence did say in a 2016 interview that "Summer Bay is a different town to when I was there. More guns and alcohol". She did express a return to the show if they paid her enough. Read this http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a813839/home-and-away-legend-debra-lawrance-id-probably-go-back-as-pippa/

I do seem to recall Norman saying he was not keen on the direction the show was heading. I think in 2003 he left when his dog died and his dog was as old as H&A was back then. Could be he was having reservations about the show but I feel 2003 was a fab year.

I remember reading something like that. I remember reading that he got a puppy round about the time he started on Home and Away and after it died, it made him realise just how long he'd been on the show.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2017 at 4:25 AM, Homeandawayfan. said:

I think Norman Coburn and Debra Lawrence have the same view on the show, that it has gone in a totally different direction and they would not fit in any more. And Kate Ritchie saying she does not fit there sort of confirms she thinks the show has lost its way.

She diddn't say that though. She was refering to the current format. And in the fact she doesent see herself their in the long term. 

12 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I would love Floss to return but I doubt she will now as the actress would be about 90 now!.

They many reason people dont come back age is one I agree as one actor today us at a signing it is hard work being a regular on a series,

2 hours ago, Luke39 said:

She diddn't say that though. She was refering to the current format. And in the fact she doesent see herself their in the long term. 

I think they meant that. times and things have changed and as I told others maybe its best some dont come back as they be shocked at the changes

• 4 weeks later...

I would be surprised if Kate didn't return in some form for the 30th celebrations, and seeing as we're about 7 months away from the anniversary I would imagine she it returning to film something to air on the show in January. I just hope it's worth it.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:41 AM, patrick said:

Kate Ritchie has posted a pic on Instagram at the lighthouse over looking palm beach, saying 30 years in the making??? Is that a hint or am I getting my hopes up? Lol 

Gosh I bloody hope so!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the ep end with everyone present in the ep, on the beach singing the theme song while a Pianist (played by Mike Perjanik, if he's still alive, can't be that old)  over the credits.

Cheesy but that'd bring back the heartwarming feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I wont be too disappointed if they don't bring anyone back for 30th, as H&A is a different show compared to what it was when they bought back characters for Episode 4000.

But having said that, if they do bring people back, I want them to only bring back those who have strong ties to the history of show like Donald/Ailsa/Sally/Pippa, and don't bring back characters from all eras of show just for the sake of it.

14 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

To be honest I wont be too disappointed if they don't bring anyone back for 30th, as H&A is a different show compared to what it was when they bought back characters for Episode 4000.

But having said that, if they do bring people back, I want them to only bring back those who have strong ties to the history of show like Donald/Ailsa/Sally/Pippa, and don't bring back characters from all eras of show just for the sake of it.

I agree times have changed

Archived