What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

5 hours ago, emmasi said:

I'm just gonna say it. You're all gonna hate me, but I'm gonna say it. Chris Hemsworth. Chris Hemsworth should come back. And whoever is handling his contracts should just be cool about it and let channel 7 throw him a couple of hundred bucks to actually speak this time!! (Although, with his moody, closed-off character, speaking wouldn't actually be 100% necessary. They could make it work if they REALLY wanted to.) 

Think of the publicity! Think of the ratings! Think of how much I couldn't give a flying fudge about either of those things because I'D HAVE KIM BACK!!!!!! :D

With Kim comes Kit if that sweetens the deal?? And Archie of course. And if his best friend and his sister and his nephew are all gonna be there, Robbie should probably come too... And then stay forever... 

I would really like to see Ric and Mattie again too. There are dozens of characters I miss and want to see again, but for some reason I always come back to these two. I just feel like Ric would have so many stories to tell Alf, and of course to tell Sally (who HAS to come back - that's not even a question). And as for Mattie, well if her husband and brother and sister and brother-in-law and nephew are all gonna be there...  

I doubt Chris would wanna come back when he can be in big movies like Thor and Avengers :P If they did manage him he could try to convince some of his other cast mates from the movies to make a guest appearance :P

2 hours ago, adam436 said:

You're probably right - but we can always hope :)

She will probably want to reunite the three living Braxtons (with Casey as a ghost) and their partners with Ash and the Barretts to mark the occasion <_<

As lame as that is at least it would be better than nothing :) Would rather tho see Casey come back alive instead of being reminded that he's dead...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Casey's ghost came back, it could also be a "Hiding" reunion... 

Chris Hemsworth did appear for like 10 seconds as an extra, so it doesn't seem to be an issue of him not wanting to be there, it seems to be an issue of them not being able to pay him enough to actually do anything. I don't understand how these things work, but I was at Palm Beach one day and saw two random people on the beach get picked up for background work, and they had to be paid for that. I imagine for a Hollywood star to have lines on a TV show, they would have to be paid a lot just as a legal contractual thing. Or maybe it's something to do with studios owning him at the moment... I'm sure it's all very complicated. He does the Foxtel pay TV ads here, so it's not like he doesn't want to appear on Australian TV at all. 

About 10 minutes after I posted in here, I came up with a perfect no-lines solution. Kim has laryngitis!! He could still be there, and interacting with everyone, but not actually say anything. Kit could speak for him. I'm sure they'd both love that :P Robbie wouldn't need him to talk. They understand each other so well. There's no need for words... 

It could even create some drama. How do you control a 10 year old boy if you can't call out to him or tell him off or tell anyone quickly if something dramatic has happened to him :o ???

8 minutes ago, emmasi said:

Chris Hemsworth did appear for like 10 seconds as an extra, so it doesn't seem to be an issue of him not wanting to be there, it seems to be an issue of them not being able to pay him enough to actually do anything. I don't understand how these things work, but I was at Palm Beach one day and saw two random people on the beach get picked up for background work, and they had to be paid for that. I imagine for a Hollywood star to have lines on a TV show, they would have to be paid a lot just as a legal contractual thing. Or maybe it's something to do with studios owning him at the moment... I'm sure it's all very complicated. He does the Foxtel pay TV ads here, so it's not like he doesn't want to appear on Australian TV at all. 

About 10 minutes after I posted in here, I came up with a perfect no-lines solution. Kim has laryngitis!! He could still be there, and interacting with everyone, but not actually say anything. Kit could speak for him. I'm sure they'd both love that :P Robbie wouldn't need him to talk. They understand each other so well. There's no need for words... 

It could even create some drama. How do you control a 10 year old boy if you can't call out to him or tell him off or tell anyone quickly if something dramatic has happened to him :o ???

I would have gladly been in the background without being paid a cent :) Don't get why they need to pay?

27 minutes ago, emmasi said:

Yep; we'd just need Jodi Gordon (unlikely, given she's just signed a 3 year contract on Neighbours) and Marcus Graham to make it a foursome :P

6 hours ago, emmasi said:

I would really like to see Ric and Mattie again too. There are dozens of characters I miss and want to see again, but for some reason I always come back to these two. I just feel like Ric would have so many stories to tell Alf, and of course to tell Sally (who HAS to come back - that's not even a question). And as for Mattie, well if her husband and brother and sister and brother-in-law and nephew are all gonna be there...  

Ric would probably be highest on my list (as much as I would love to see Chris Hemsworth back on that beach with no shirt on!). I just loved Ric's character and I miss him. I think it would be lovely to have him come back to see Alf. I'd like Cassie to come back too (that could be an interesting 'living with HIV' storyline). Sally, obviously, who doesn't want that?! I'd also love Aden to come back to see Irene, maybe Roman could get out of prison and meet up with Miles, or Nicole and Angelo? Tony and Rachel would be a nice surprise too. I don't know what any of the actors are up to right now but I'd love to see all of them back! If Flynn and/or Belle could appear as a ghost that would be the icing on the cake for me! Nostalgia central! Lol!

Of course, none of that is going to happen. As everyone else has said, it'll be a tribute to the Braxtons, or nothing. 

1 minute ago, Ludub said:

Ric would probably be highest on my list (as much as I would love to see Chris Hemsworth back on that beach with no shirt on!). I just loved Ric's character and I miss him. I think it would be lovely to have him come back to see Alf. I'd like Cassie to come back too (that could be an interesting 'living with HIV' storyline). Sally, obviously, who doesn't want that?! I'd also love Aden to come back to see Irene, maybe Roman could get out of prison and meet up with Miles, or Nicole and Angelo? Tony and Rachel would be a nice surprise too. I don't know what any of the actors are up to right now but I'd love to see all of them back! If Flynn and/or Belle could appear as a ghost that would be the icing on the cake for me! Nostalgia central! Lol!

Of course, none of that is going to happen. As everyone else has said, it'll be a tribute to the Braxtons, or nothing. 

Didn't Roman get life sentence?

48 minutes ago, emmasi said:

This just struck me as incredibly funny, like a scene from Skippy or Lassie or something...

"What's that Kim?!"

Kim gesticulates wildy, yelping in a laryngitisey kind of way.

"Archie's fallen down the well?!"

7 minutes ago, Ludub said:

This just struck me as incredibly funny, like a scene from Skippy or Lassie or something...

"What's that Kim?!"

Kim gesticulates wildy, yelping in a laryngitisey kind of way.

"Archie's fallen down the well?!"

Exactly! Limitless possibilities!! :D 

Archived