What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Not for long from the way things are planning out, it seems...

It would be ideal timing when you really think about it. Since it's roughly 6 months until 2018 will be filmed. I'm not sure if his character will ever come back though. Aside from Henry he's the most forgotten Hunter (I believe at least since people rate Matilda and Robbie highly), I really don't know much about him though but he didn't seem too popular.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

It would be ideal timing when you really think about it. Since it's roughly 6 months until 2018 will be filmed. I'm not sure if his character will ever come back though. Aside from Henry he's the most forgotten Hunter (I believe at least since people rate Matilda and Robbie highly), I really don't know much about him though but he didn't seem too popular.

You forgot Kit, but I doubt that she could come back without Thor

• 2 weeks later...

2018 30th anniversary be interesting if it's just nostalgia filled. Or an eye on the future story lines moving forward. If Leah potentially exited the show. Love to see Vinnie return. The actor always said he would like to return for Leah's exit story. Lincon Lewis has said he would love to return. But In what capacity. And do the audience remember him fondly enough? I liked Geoff, but not sure that's enough. Unless Nicole returned. And they mended their mistake. And they reconciled. Presuming of course she broken up with Angelo. 

As for the Hunters. I was a huge Matilda fan in the 2008 era. Love to see her and Ric return. Story is Alf is Rics grandfather if someone can correct me their. 2008 we'll be ten years ago by the time 30th anniversary airs. Incredible. Henry was pretty forgotten. He diddnt stay long in the show. With The Actor sorry name escapes me leaving Neighbors. Most of the Hunters could return. So possibility their. Not sure if Robbie is a possibility. Or Tash. Even Rhys Maddies Stepfather. Or even Kit. But guess all potential story possibilities.

sorry if any of this is said but did not feel like reading through 17 pages

so my short list of returns like see in no order

Fisher

Sally and maybe Miles but no fus

Morage

Pippa (with maybe Frank or Carley)

Angle

Floss

Rick Matilda (going count as one)

either Celia or Colleen  (maybe with Lance not fuss) 

Mather (won't happen with her on neighbours)

Travis  (never seen hi on show other re runs on now and obviously can't bring Rebeca back but could say she had stay home with the kids)

Hayley

Jesse (with Oliver could be good)

Dexter and April

can't really think any charterers made impact on the show in more recent times and don't expect everyone from above back just any one from that list be good

as for reason why just some kind of town celebration or festival or be fitting if Alf was at the heart of it like if he left or was on deaths door

My ideas for the 30th anniversary would be a this a party for Alf 70th which the following people return for Don Fisher, Sally and her daughter Pippa,  Pippa snr, Morag, Brax and Ricky, Hayley, Sam, Duncan, Evie and Matt, Maddy, Ric and Cassie, Bianca and Heath, Shannon, Selina and Steven, Mitch, and Vinnie and then there be a 30 year montage on with clips from the favourite couples of all time.

Then Sally have a dream of Flynn been alive and then in the bay together again as she misses him and in this Dream Flynn says he loves her and they kiss which causes her to want to stay in the bay

Hayley also go to where Noah ashes were scattered 

Cassie and Ric get back together and Sally says Flynn would approved of them dating

Vinnie been alive and him and Vj getting to know each other as well as him and Leah getting back together

Ricky and Brax go for a surf and then goes back to the Braxton house

Heath and Bianca go and see Rocco grave

Morag deciding to stay in the bay

As well as like Neighbours having a 30th documentary hosted by Ray Meagher and Georgie Parker and past and present home and away cast in paring like someone who their character dated on the show sitting down with that actor and chatting about their home and away memories and storylines etc. Like for exp Kate Ritchie goes with Joel Mcilroy, Norman Coburn goes with Emily symons and Stephen Peacocke go with Bonnie Sveen 

I've been reading this forum for years now but never posted. Had a bit to much spare time on my hands so came up with a few ideas for the 30th Anniversary. Not sure if this is in the right place if not then I deeply apologise. Below is just a few ideas that I think would work onscreen.

The 30th anniversary year is all about celebrating the shows past and new beginnings. In the part of the year the stories will feature former characters from the shows past, as well as big Storylines for long serving characters Alf, Irene, Maralyin, Roo and Leah, as well as continuing Storylines for the other current characters. The middle of the year will be the biggest and most shocking disaster to hit the bay with deadly consequence for the residence of Summer bay. The disaster leads the way for a new beginning with new characters, new locations and sets and a return to the foster routs of the show.

Who is Leah’s stalker?

In the lead up to the 2017 Season finale viewers will see Leah being stalked by a mysterious man. With flowers being delivered and feeling she is being watched Leah fears she’s in danger. In the 2017 season finale while Leah is playing with her Luc in the garden of Summer Bay house viewers will see a the man stalking Leah, it’s her first husband Vinnie. Ryan Kwanten will respire his role as Vinnie Pattinson in a special episode that will see him make an emotional visit to Leah and his son V.J. But why is Vinnie back after all this time and what does the future hold for Leah and V.J now.

The Fletcher’s Reunion

It’s been 30 years since Tom and Pippa moved to Summer Bay with there Foster children and to celebrate Pippa, Sally, Frank, Steven and Carly return to the bay for a special hour long episode where they’ll be joined by Alf, Irene, Maralyin, Roo and Leah as they take a trip down memory lane. With flash backs of the good times and the bad times it’s a real treat for long term fans of the show.

Who is the frail old man on the beach?

While heading to the beach for his morning surf, Ash will discover a frail and confused man on the beach. The man claims he lives in the bay and needs to find his wife. Ash takes him to hospital where Nate checks him over. Nate asks the man his name, it’s Donald Fisher. Don is confused he tells Nate he wants to see his wife, Maralyin. Nate phones Mazza to come to the hospital. She can’t believe her eyes when she arrives. It’s quickly discovered and Don is suffering from dementia along with serious pneumonia. Over the next few episodes Maralyin becomes nurse to Don as they look back at there past relationship. With Maralyin spending so much time at Don’s bed side John becomes jealous which angers Maralyin. Alf and Irene will also spend time with Don along with returning characters Morag, Sally, Hayley and Pippa. After taking a turn for the worse Nate breaks the news to Maralyin that done only has a few hours left. Don’s finally episode will be tearful one as everyone says goodbye before Don dies in the arms of Maralyin. Don’s funeral will be held in the Bay attended by Maralyin, John, Alf, Leah, Irene, Roo, Sally, Pippa, Frank, Carly, Steven, Hayley, Colleen, Morag, Sam, Celia, Shannon, Jude and Seb. After the funeral the town will gather on the beach before Maralyin scatters his ashes into the sea.      

The bay shocked to it’s core

As the 30th Anniversary year reaches the middle, Summer Bay will be hit by it’s biggest most shocking storyline ever. In a week of gripping and deadly episodes the bay will be changed forever. It’s a normal evening, the diner is busy, salt is in full dinner time rush everything is normal until a small earth tremor hits the bay. The tremor sends pictures flying off walls and glasses to smash but no serious damage.  Just as the residents get over the shock the bay is hit by the full force of the earthquake. Leah and V.J are trapped in Summer Bay house when a beam and ceiling fall on them, a tree falls through the roof of Salt and the surfer club with Ash, Brody, Phoebe, Kat and Justin inside. A leaking gas pipe puts the lives of Alf, Irene, John and Maralyin in danger while Roo is in her flat upstairs. Will they all get out before it blows up. At the hospital part of the ceiling falls on Nate. Who will make it out alive. How will the residents of Summer Bay get through it. One thing is for sure, The bay will never be the same again.

The After Shock

After the events of the earthquake the show will enter it’s new beginnings phase as the residents of Summer bay rebuild there lives and there community. Summer Bay house will receive an update after the earthquake caused a beam and part of the ceiling to collapse. The house will keep the same layout it has had since day 1 but will have a new interior design. With the cost of repairs sky high the residents pull together to raise money to rebuild the surf club. In a bid to help Irene and Leah decide to move the diner into the downstairs part of the surf club while the upstairs is turned into a bar with pool table and will be managed by Phoebe and Justin. The Beach house and The Morgan house will have minimal changes after receiving only minor damage in the quake. Brody will manage a new restaurant in the new Summer Bay Hotel and will replace the sands which was badly damaged in the quake.

Archived