What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

So the 30th anniversary is only about 18 months away in Australia? Since we know H&A is filmed 6 months ahead, that's only a year away in filming terms? What would you like to see? Neighbours did a good job with their anniversary, so I've borrowed a few ideas are from there.

• A documentary like Neighbours did, featuring interviews with the actors who played the iconic characters, as well as the post-H&A success stories. Knowing the current producers though, the first 22 years or so will probably barely feature.
  • A reunion with Pippa (preferably Vanessa, but that's unlikely given Debra is more widely recognised in the role!) and all the original foster children, including Lynn. Getting Helena Bozich back would be a huge coup for the show. The producers had/will have ample time to plan it, so they have time to track her down. Sadly, Bobby and Tom can not feature, but one could appear as a ghost. As much as I love Bobby, I think I'd rather have Tom there since Bobby only joined the family after they moved to Summer Bay.
  • A few other returns of iconic characters such as Fisher, Selina, Joey, Colleen, Sam, Celia and Morag. They are just a few suggestions. Obviously everyone has their own idea of who is iconic/memorable and there are probably memorable characters who people would like to see return from 2006-2014 period, but I didn't watch during those years.
  • An appearance from Ailsa and/or Bobby: Neighbours managed it with Madge!
  • The return of Stacey Macklin - I know how unlikely that is though, but I can dream! Stacey's brother is the father of Roo's daughter, so we do have a link there :)

With the current H&A team, I think I am expecting too much though. It will probably be a Braxton/Barrett reunion and/or a massive disaster in which a few characters/returnees die

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the best way to have so many people return at once is through the school, so many former characters were either students or employees. My suggestion is to have the school close down and have a fete where old characters can come back, In true Home and Away style they can tie it in with some kind of disaster/explosion/siege because lets face it, it wouldn't be Home and Away without it. Once the school closes down they can reopen it as Northern Districts High or Senior High because we only have year 11 or 12 students anyway. That way we can have a new permanent location as the exterior of the school, maybe film it outside the Eveleigh studios and a new school set.

I think we need a new generation of Fletcher's maybe Christopher, they need to move into Summer Bay House and foster children. Maybe Christopher and his male partner move in and they take in a troubled (and homophobic) teenager, oh the controversy.

Stacey coming back would be epic. She's kinda like an auntie to Steven so there's a link there too if Steven and Selina were to visit. They alwYs remained close after Phil died. 

She's a character that could still fit the current climate. We can dream

I would like a genuinely happy occasion. No disaters. 

Perhaps Will to be released from out of prison. And if the celebration is spread out over a weeks or two. Maybe Ryan Kwanten could reprise his role. Would love to see some scenes with VJ and Vinnie. Either Vinnie didn't really die or would be nice to have him speak to him as a ghost. 

And a reunion with all of Irene children and grand children. 

I still think bringing Max, Chloe's dad in it would be a good story for Olivia. And if Jesse were to return what would Max do!!!

i like to see Fisher in it with Maz too. 

It be nice to close this Hugo and Martha thing too. Hugo deserves to go to jail for what he did and would be a great 30th anniversary treat to finally see Martha and roo together

Perhaps Judith and Peta to return to scatter Edwards ashes on beach. 

The Neighbours' 30th anniversary returns weren't all linked - yes, we had the Erinsborough Festival, but Des and Sky for example, were not connected with that, and Janelle, Lucas and Vanessa all just had small cameos at different times.

So all the H&A celebrations wouldn't have to be linked. For example, we could have a surprise party for Irene, Judith and Peta returning to scatter Edward's ashes and other storylines that perhaps need some sort of resolution.

56 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Perhaps Will to be released from out of prison. And if the celebration is spread out over a weeks or two. Maybe Ryan Kwanten could reprise his role. Would love to see some scenes with VJ and Vinnie. Either Vinnie didn't really die or would be nice to have him speak to him as a ghost. 

Faking his death 2 times? That´s sick :P

I want most of the cast members from this century to return (I never watched Home and Away before 2001 so i don´t know about many of the casts from before then) Not every cast member obviously but the best ones. Martha returning would be a sweet surprise for a celebration episode :) I don´t really care about Hugo, he can just go to jail :P Never liked that guy anyway and what he did was disgusting, no people like him should get to be free

What would be a real shocker, probably the biggest shocker is if the episode ends with Alicia walking in to the house and shocking everyone and it´s revealed that she never died but (I don´t really know what her cover story would be :P)

But i´m not having any high hopes, they didn´t do anything special for the 6000 (If they did i sure don´t remember...)

With the way the producers have been acting lately i wouldn´t be surprised if Jessie returned and he tried to say sorry to Olivia and she rejects him and yells at him and then he drives away being a little drunk since he is really upset. Olivia, Irene, Alf, Hunter and Zac is driving on the road and then someone drives towards them pushing them out of the road just like with the 4000th episode and Olivia is hurt badly and dies, and surprise surprise. Jessie realizes he caused the accident because he was the drunk driver and he goes to jail for the murder of Chloe´s daughter, the irony eh? I off course hope this never ever happens as it would be insanely stupid and dumb but there has happened things the last years i never though would have happened so who knows.. :P

I'm just gonna say it. You're all gonna hate me, but I'm gonna say it. Chris Hemsworth. Chris Hemsworth should come back. And whoever is handling his contracts should just be cool about it and let channel 7 throw him a couple of hundred bucks to actually speak this time!! (Although, with his moody, closed-off character, speaking wouldn't actually be 100% necessary. They could make it work if they REALLY wanted to.) 

Think of the publicity! Think of the ratings! Think of how much I couldn't give a flying fudge about either of those things because I'D HAVE KIM BACK!!!!!! :D

With Kim comes Kit if that sweetens the deal?? And Archie of course. And if his best friend and his sister and his nephew are all gonna be there, Robbie should probably come too... And then stay forever... 

I would really like to see Ric and Mattie again too. There are dozens of characters I miss and want to see again, but for some reason I always come back to these two. I just feel like Ric would have so many stories to tell Alf, and of course to tell Sally (who HAS to come back - that's not even a question). And as for Mattie, well if her husband and brother and sister and brother-in-law and nephew are all gonna be there...  

1 hour ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

calling it now they're not gonna do anything it'll be same as everything else with Lucy in control

You're probably right - but we can always hope :)

She will probably want to reunite the three living Braxtons (with Casey as a ghost) and their partners with Ash and the Barretts to mark the occasion <_<

Having said that, Morag returned under Lucy's reign this year and so did Sally a few years ago (was Lucy in charge then?) so there is hope we might see a few classic/iconic characters.

Archived