Make That Choice

Story Title: Make That Choice.
Type of story: One Shot 
Main Characters: Leah Patterson, Zac MacGuire, Dan Baker, Charlotte King.
BTTB rating: G
Genre: Romance, Angst
Does story include spoilers: Nah.
Any warnings: implied sexual contact.
Summary: Charlotte King desperately wants Zac back, and has found the crux to get him (as she thinks) Dan Baker is alive, can he win Leah back or will she choose Zac?

----------------

OneShot.

Leah and Dan were married for many years, Leah had seen herself spending the rest of her life with him but it wasn’t to be - he died, as she believed, abseiling in America when she was due to follow him. Leaving Leah feeling like she couldn’t find love again, and certainly didn’t want too.

She went through couple of boyfriends, Elijah, Robertson, Miles, Roman… Nothing really amounted to anything she felt with Dan, she knew she wouldn’t find the same love again. But then she met Zac MacGuire, Leah had become great friends with him at first, but the attraction grew to the point where she was frustrated at him, and lost concentration.

Now she was almost married to him, Charlotte had found the crux of everything to bring Leah down so she could have Zac for herself. Dan. He faked his death. She had convinced Dan to reveal himself, as he was considering it for awhile anyway.

Returning to the Bay felt strange for Dan, he hadn’t really given proper thought to how the town would receive him back into the town, but most importantly Leah’s life. Charlotte persuaded him to make the reveal, he didn’t want too. Insisted he had wanted Leah to move on like he had, his reason was simple he didn’t want her to be involved in how bad his gambling got while he was in the States. He was a coward, it was not an easy decision.. He loved her very much, he had smiled down the phone when this Charlotte King told him Leah had found someone, that she intended to marry. Zac, he remembered the name. He knew this Charlotte person had a son with Zac, and desperately wanted him back.

Zac and Leah had been at home, going over last wedding details. Zac smiled at her, “I can’t wait, you know, to be your husband.” he smiled towards her. Leah smiled over at him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

“And I cannot wait to be yours, how about you head off to get cake? For when VJ and Hunter and the twins return?” smiled Leah, rubbing his face gently.

Zac stood up, cheekily placing a deep kiss on her lips and disappearing out the door. Zac had been gone about ten minutes before there was a knock at the door, Leah walked to it, opening it and her face fell.

“Hello, Leah,” spoke Dan.

Leah dropped the plate she was holding, staring intently at the man she had thought of dead for many years. “You are dead.”

“About that, I lied. I got into gambling, and my debt went up and up, loan sharks started to chase me, I had to go to ground. It was better for you and VJ to have not found out, I was a coward. But I’ve missed you, I’m finally free of the burden, and all I could think about was getting you back,” explained Dan.

Leah felt the tears rise, she couldn’t believe it not after the lies. “I had to tell VJ! That someone he loved died! I died when you died! But now I have Zac! Why are you back now? Why after all this time?”

Seeing him again did bring up all those old feelings for him, but he still lied. “I just wanted you to have a free life, but I need you back in my life Leah. You were the only thing that was great for me.”

VJ and Hunter came back from basketball practice, laughing and joking about. They entered the house via the back door and were chuckling. VJ stopped laughing when he saw Dan, he felt like his world crashed but then the anger rose. “What the hell are you doing here? Dan of the Dead?!”

Hunter looked at VJ, and wondered who Dan was. “VJ, I came to explain to your mother what happened in the States and why I faked my death, and to hopefully win her back.”

Hunter narrowed his eyes, “Ey, she’s with my Dad now though.”

VJ glared, “Well that’s not going to happen! She’s happy with Zac, finally after everything he makes her happy!”

Zac came through the door, and looked at Leah who had moved into the kitchen to think. He could tell she was upset, he put the cake down and looked at her, she dragged him out the door to tell him. “Why does everything go wrong? Dan… Dan faked his death….”

Zac looked at her, “He what? And he showed up?” asked Zac. He could hear someone trying to calm VJ down. “What does he want?”

Leah looked at him, “He wants me back Zac.”

Zac stepped back, “And do you? Do you want him back? Look, I get it if you do. I mean, he was apart of your life for a long while, while VJ was young.”

To say Zac wasn’t hurt by this, would be a lie, his heart was breaking. He did find the timing off, but he wondered if Dan really did love her. VJ was still arguing with Dan, Zac sighed entering.

“VJ, calm down. This is your mother’s decision, let’s give her time to do so.” sighed Zac, he wanted to say go away and leave Leah alone that he loves her now, but it was her decision to make.

“But after everything you two went through, Zac, you’re going to let her choose him?” sighed VJ.

“She might not choose him,” spoke Zac, “And that’s what I have to hold onto until the time comes.”

Dan looked at him, and felt sorry for him; he genuinely seemed like a great guy. VJ certainly liked him, he could tell. He wanted to open his mouth, but Leah came back in. “You need to go, Dan. I need time to make my decision and you being in my family home right now, is angering the ones that are allowed here.”

Dan nodded, “I’ll be at the diner, if and when you’ve made your choice. I do love you.”

“If you loved her, you would never have died,” snapped Zac before he stalked up the stairs.

Leah watched Zac go up the stairs, with sadness, if Dan hadn’t of died Leah would still be with him. And she’d have never have been with Zac. But he lie of faking his death had her frazzled.

She sat down and put her head in her hands, everything Zac and her went through was enough to sink them for good, but they hadn’t. She now wondered, if they could get through this. She slowly looked to the stairs. Then thought if she could get past Dan’s betrayal. It was a pretty big betrayal. Gambling, and having to go on the down low as far as faking his own death to survive and just expects to show up when he wants something. Her. She just couldn’t think.

Zac sat up in their room, his head in his hands, staring at a photo of them when they got engaged. He wanted her to be happy, and he thought he made her happy. He sighed, all he wanted was for her to choose him.

Zac got up and went down the stairs, “I’m going for a walk along the beach, I love you.” he reminded her.

Leah nodded, and watched him head out the door, “I love you too…”

Charlotte was walking along the beach, noticing Dan who she had spoken to earlier and wanted to go up to him and see how he was, or if he had made progress but she saw Zac sitting further down, she walked up to him. “Hey you.”

“What is it?” asked Zac, looking up at Charlotte, tired eyes. Tired of her troubles, and trying to drag him down with it. He was paying her back, what else did she want from him?

“Everything okay? You seem down.” spoke Charlotte.

“It’s really none of your business,” spoke Zac getting up and heading up towards the end of the beach where he was greeted by Leah, “Can we talk?”

Zac nodded, swallowing the bile in his throat. “Of course.”

“I love you, and I choose you,” spoke Leah, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. Both Dan and Charlotte witnessing.

Zac cuddled her after the kiss, holding her tight to him. “I love you too.”

Leah looked over to Dan and walked up to him, holding Zac’s hand, “You lied. A foul disgusting lie, and I will never forgive you for that. Zac is the one for me, the love of my life. You can’t ruin it, and neither can you.” she looked to Charlotte.

Charlotte narrowed her eyes, “I have no idea who he is.”

“Thank you for making the right choice, and she knows who I am. I wish the best for you Leah,” spoke Dan. Leaving.

Zac eyed Charlotte, “Just stay away from us! I am in love with Leah!”

They walked off, with her watching them with hateful eyes. Once Zac and Leah were home, Leah kissed him, “I love you.” she tugged on his hands up the stairs to their room.

They married two weeks later.

--------------

So I've been working on this since before I started 'A Target For Love' And 'A Cost For Love.' And I finally got it finished, I thought I should before I immerse myself in ending the sequel 'A Cost For Love' so here it is. This was the original idea, I had for a fanfiction but I condensed it down into a simple one shot. A weird idea, out there idea. 

I would like to thank Ludub for listening to my theory and worry about even posting this. :wub: 

Thank you for reading ::lol:

Comments

Archived