Bring Back the Opening Credits!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see them recreate the classic characters with a modern feel, a bit like how Neighbours has always essentially keeps reverting to the same format (pools, backyard scenes, cricket etc.) but just jazzing it up a bit. Even the styles that break that mould don't last and we always end up back with it.

Given how frequently couples change and break up, they should try to avoid such pairings. I think the following could work and most could be recreated with "classic" scenes from the 1980s and 1990s:

Leah and Zac (Pippa and Tom/Michael)

VJ and Hunter (Frank/Steven)

Alf and Roo (Fsher/Bobby)

Raffy and Mason (Steven/Sally/the dog)

Justin and Tori

Irene and Olivia

John and Marilyn (a classic Alf and Ailsa shot)

Evie and Matt

Kat and Phoebe (Carly and Roo/Lynn/Bobby)

Ash and Billie

Nate and Brodie (Adam/Matt)

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

Odd that some of the clips used were taken from Fiver or 5* airings. 

They've used clips from Youtube for flashbacks etc. on a number of occasions.

If it were me I'd insist on requesting the tapes/footage... but maybe that's too much hassle and they don't have the time for checking episode numbers :P 

20 minutes ago, Dan F said:

They've used clips from Youtube for flashbacks etc. on a number of occasions.

If it were me I'd insist on requesting the tapes/footage... but maybe that's too much hassle and they don't have the time for checking episode numbers :P 

I suppose it's for ease, but yeah I'd be the same as you, look for clean footage.

I do think it could be a sign they're bringing in a new opening sequence.

8 minutes ago, Dan F said:

The various 'flashback clips' they've had on the official site I mean, not the actual show :wink:

Oh fair enough. The clips are from their show after all so it's not like they are using someone else's property :lol: Does seem slightly lazy though.

I am sure the 1996-1999 clips in that montage are taken from the montage I made, the clips are even in the same order, edited in the same place and also have the 5* logo.

15 hours ago, c120701 said:

Odd that some of the clips used were taken from Fiver or 5* airings. 

Ha I was going to say that! There's also a couple with 'Prime' branding, which are usually user-uploads. Weird that Network 7 are also routinely blocking these videos on YouTube for copyright infringement...

On 27/01/2017 at 1:51 PM, joany208121 said:

I find it very odd that that montage stopped around the 2009 credits era, and didnt show the current rotating set of title cards that we have now.

Me too. If they were just wishing to celebrate openings in general, you'd think those title cards would be included. And what a very particular time to put that video up, just before the season premiere.

Still, I know better than to hold my breath! :lol:

Archived