Does anything think Colleen would have fitting in better as regular in 90s?.

j.laur5

Does anything think Colleen would have fitting in better as regular in 90s?

Because in the 90's  Home  and Away was more character driven and community driven witch I think would have made Colleen fit in better with her own  comedy storylines and then having Colleen spare time spending local gossip to Irene/Ailsa/Pippa/Bobby etc.  

Becouse theres one thing show missing after Celia left  that is no busy-body and even thought 90s Irene did   put her foot in it now again  but I still cant really call 90s Irene are  busy-body like Colleen and Celia as Irene was not only one to put her in it now and again and Irene never mean to act like busy-body like Celia and Colleen.

Becouse after Martin and Lance left they could easily had Colleen return form Cairns move into Martin and Lane mobile home and then get job in Diner  to deliver town gossip with driving Bobby mad and Ailsa try's to get Bobby keep her cool with Colleen   and  also Colleen work in Alf store to  after Celia left and drives  Alf and Marilyn mad witch would make comedy gold .   

Becouse when Colleen return in 1999 after living in Cairns after year or so Colleen spoke like she be working in Diner for  years and that she never left Summer bay in 1989.

To be honest I preferred Celia as a comedy character/gossip and would have preferred her as a regular in the 90s or 2000s as opposed to Colleen. I enjoy Colleen but at times I feel she became a bit theatrical and a bit of a parody.

I'm not sure what could have improved the 90s episodes in all honesty, I like them the way they are. The only thing I would change is Pippa leaving in 1998 but that was beyond anyone's control.

6 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

To be honest I preferred Celia as a comedy character/gossip and would have preferred her as a regular in the 90s or 2000s as opposed to Colleen. I enjoy Colleen but at times I feel she became a bit theatrical and a bit of a parody.

I'm not sure what could have improved the 90s episodes in all honesty, I like them the way they are. The only thing I would change is Pippa leaving in 1998 but that was beyond anyone's control.

Fiona Spence didn't want to remain on the show and that's why Celia left in 1990.

I reckon they should have just recast Pippa again in 1998!.  

Really? I always thought Celia was axed because the show wanted to focus on younger characters and she was the most "disposable" in terms of having running her course.

I think Colleen would have fitted in better in the 1990s. There seemed to be a better balance of comedy and drama in that era than in 2000 onwards. I could actually see Ailsa being a buffer between Colleen and whichever SB resident Colleen inadvertently offended or upset.

2 hours ago, adam436 said:

Really? I always thought Celia was axed because the show wanted to focus on younger characters and she was the most "disposable" in terms of having running her course.

I think Colleen would have fitted in better in the 1990s. There seemed to be a better balance of comedy and drama in that era than in 2000 onwards. I could actually see Ailsa being a buffer between Colleen and whichever SB resident Colleen inadvertently offended or upset.

No Fiona Spence did indeed decide to leave herself!.

I always wished that Ailsa had spent more years on the show with Colleen and Leah as there was something interesting watching these three working in the Diner together.

Given how much more time Ray takes off in Early Years than Judy I would guest Ray would have  left long before Judy if I was watching show back in 90s. 

Even thought Irene and Ailsa were always close friends I think Ailsa would grow  to be closer frineds with Irene than Pippa as both Ailsa and Irene would see so many people come and go and both Ailsa and Irene having a dark past!.

I think if Ailsa was still on the show today she would have a special daughter relationship with Leah. 

Anyway back on topic and sorry for going off topic!.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/05/2016 at 11:11 AM, j.laur5 said:

Given how much more time Ray takes off in Early Years than Judy I would guest Ray would have  left long before Judy if I was watching show back in 90s.

Why was that? Was Ray doing other projects or just wanted a holiday? Or was it sudden time off, like for an illness or something?

• 5 months later...

I think it would be such great comedy if Colleen was in the show during 90s with running into Summer Bay Houses disrupting Pippa and Michael's conversations  like she always used to disrupt Rhys and Shelley conversations.

Also Ailsa getting fed up with Colleen upsetting any Summer Bay resident that come through the diner.

Colleen gossiping with Irene and Marilyn.

I think Donald and Alf would much shorter with Colleen.  

Getting fed up with Josh misbehaving.

On 20/11/2016 at 1:47 AM, j.laur5 said:

I think it would be such great comedy if Colleen was in the show during 90s with running into Summer Bay Houses disrupting Pippa and Michael's conversations  like she always used to disrupt Rhys and Shelley conversations.

Also Ailsa getting fed up with Colleen upsetting any Summer Bay resident that come through the diner.

Colleen gossiping with Irene and Marilyn.

I think Donald and Alf would much shorter with Colleen.  

Getting fed up with Josh misbehaving.

I actually think Colleen worked well with the Sutherlands because she offered a familiar face around SBH and the caravan park. Also, Pippa would have seen like Sally & Leah did that she meant well, whereas the Sutherlands not knowing her so well meant she got their backs up a little.

Archived