A Target For Love

Thanks for the support.

NOTE: Bit of a time jump (one week).

Chapter Eleven - Not Okay.

It had been one week since Zac had been kidnapped, and he wasn't leaving the house at all. Leah had tried multiple times for him to walk to school with her, but he refused to walk along that path again. Not right now at least, worried that they'd be there. Every time he slept, he would have flashbacks of the warehouse, but never of the person who was being used for the perpetrator. Zac did begin to wonder why Tank saved him, after all he did stab him in prison - whether it was intentional or not, he did.

Leah had gone to the diner, and looked at Roo. "What do I do? He won't leave the house." 

"Well it's a traumatic thing he's been through, something worse than what happened in prison. You need to let him move at his own pace," spoke Roo. She put her hand on Leah's shoulder.

"He sleeps, but he has nightmares. He hasn't repeated what happened when he was in prison, which is a relief. Hunter got in his face the other night, and he snapped at him. He hasn't been alright with me, but he doesn't get angry, just fear." spoke Leah.

"Why fear?" asked Roo.

"I went to work, and was going to walk the way we usually did and asked me to stay home, because he was afraid," spoke Leah. "He's not himself, and I don't know what to do," spoke Leah. 

Nate came in, "Haven't seen Zac for awhile is everything okay?"

"He's not leaving the house," spoke Leah. 

--------------

Nate decided to pay him a quick visit, knocking on the door; Alf came to the door, "Nate! Hi, here for Zac? He's on the couch lying down." 

Nate walked over to the sleepy man that was lying on the couch, "How are things?" 

Zac opened his eyes, "They're fine."

"Do you want to come out and grab a coffee?" asked Nate.

"I know Leah sent you, and no thanks." snapped Zac. "I'm fine."

"You aren't, if you won't leave the house. PTSD is a common disorder with things that traumatic happen, and you need to get through it before it consumes you," spoke Nate. "So you don't hurt your wife, your family." 

"I can't remember who attacked me, how is it going to help unloading all of this onto my wife?" he looked at Nate, defenseless. 

"Talking to a counselor, may be a better option for you," spoke Nate. "I know a really good counselor if you are up for it."

"I guess so," spoke Zac.

"But you are going to have to make steps to leave this house, and walk where you would normally." spoke Nate. 

Fear shrouded Zac, "But..."

"I know, but you'll be letting them win, and I know Leah would like to see you." spoke Nate.

-----------

Tank had returned to the Bay, keeping himself on the downlow, making sure to keep out of Peter's way also, knowing he was here and mad, wouldn't fare well for the outcome of his lie to Evelyn, he saw her with Josh all happy. He nodded to himself, deciding that to not best rock the boat with her family anymore, as Zac said thanks to him, he took it that he didn't remember that he was the kidnapper, and he didn't want to risk getting found out. 

But he knew he was on a ticking time bomb, he did stab Zac in prison, not intentionally but it did happen. So he sat in his hide out house, with a few mates having a few drinks. He looked down at his phone, and sighed as he wondered what else he could get up too.

---------

Peter had been reluctantly working with Kat about Zac's kidnapping, making sure to hide the evidence that would directly implicate him, but fortunately there was none. He was making sure there were little leads as possible, Kat wanted to question Tank, but Peter automatically believed Evie's words. Kat wondered why he was being so weird about this case, "If you would rather let someone go free for hurting someone, I really think you should change your career."

"You cannot speak to me that way, and I do care, we just don't have many leads to go by." spoke Peter.

"We need to find Wayne Snelgrove, so he can show us the abandoned warehouse where he found Zac, and check that for evidence," snapped Kat. "Now put out an order for his co-operation!"

"Alright," snapped Peter going to do just that.

---------

Leah was working in her office, as Greg came in. "We have a returning student, Holly Chapman in about a month or so, and I would like it if you continued to counsel her from her previous school that was helping her with her mental challenges. But her parents believe she is ready to have a chance back here." 

Leah looked up, and nodded, "Of course. Why did she leave?"

"Bianca thought it would be best that she got some distance at the time from MacGuire, as she wrongly accused him of indecency with her," spoke Greg. "I am willing to give another go, I will be speaking with Zac when he is ready to come back to school." 

"I don't know when that will be, Greg, he's still pretty shaken," explained Leah. "As long as Holly is over Zac." 

Leah thought that was odd of her suddenly wanting to return to Summer Bay High, but Leah was thinking everyone was out to get Zac lately. 

Greg had left, after handing over the file for Holly. Leah had opened it up and read through it, especially through the time she crushed on Zac. She truly believed Zac was her soulmate, Leah closed her eyes, her mind drifting to how he was. She picked up her phone and was about to call him when she heard her door open, she span around on her chair. 

"What are you doing here?" she questioned, worry on her face.

"I missed you," spoke Zac, walking over firmly and kissing her. Students whistled from outside as he forgot to close the door. He sighed pulling back, and kicked the door shut. 

"I have missed you, also. You came here?" asked Leah.

"Yeah, I drove though. I wasn't ready to walk down that path alone." spoke Zac, he looked down. "I know I've been weird, but I'm getting counselling." 

Leah put her hand on his face, "You have nothing to feel ashamed for."

"I put you and our family through the works again, I thought I could use the techniques I was given when I got help after I got out of prison, it didn't work." sighed Zac, he pulled her to him. 

"Why have you got Holly Chapman's file on your desk?" he wondered. 

"She's coming back," spoke Leah.

"You have got to be kidding me." grumbled Zac. 

----------

Is Holly's return linked to Peter?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things will be settling somewhat for Zac, but Leah not so much! 

Chapter Twelve - Settling Back In. 

It had been a long day, Zac remained at the school for the remainder of the day. But he would follow Leah around, as people did stare because of the cuts on his face and the way he walked as his ribs were still pretty sore. But he was healing, Leah honestly loved his company, his hand in hers, but he was rather close to her. But she didn't mind, he was out and about and not locked in his safe bubble. 

"Feeling okay?" she asked him as she felt him squeeze her hand. 

"Yeah I am fine, just getting used to being about people." spoke Zac. He stepped back a little from her, ashamed and Leah moved back closer to him. 

Leah looked up at him, as the last bell went. Leah put her arm around his waist and looked at him, "Do you want to head back home now?" 

Zac nodded, "If you wouldn't mind." 

Leah leaned up and kissed his cheek, "Wait here let me get my bag."

Zac nodded and stood still, looking around waiting patiently as he could with people crowding him, one wrapped their arms around him. 

"Hey MacGuire!" he teased. 

Zac jumped back and closed his eyes, "Just don't touch me." 

Leah came down and saw the man trying to calm Zac down, "I'm sorry, sir I didn't mean to give you a fright."

"Aaron, why did you do that for?" she sighed taking Zac's hand as he had his eyes closed.

"I was just trying to be nice, and welcome him back, I always put my arm on his shoulder," explained Aaron.

"I know, but he's going through things right now." spoke Leah. "Let's go home."

"Sorry, I'll be right soon Aaron." spoke Zac.

--------------

Peter smirked as he sat at home, his plan was working. Trouble would return to Summer Bay High, but for now he'd let them think he'd backed off, and he will apply pressure to Holly to flirt with Zac. He knew using a vulnerable girl was risky, and if Zac made her tell them the truth, then he'd be facing the wrath of Leah, but he had full distaste of Zac MacGuire. 

Amanda came in, "Did you hear Zac finally left the house? He followed Leah around the school, Ryan told me. Poor guy is really shaken up." 

"I do not give a damn," snapped Peter. "Just shut up about Zac and Leah." 

------------

Zac went up to their bedroom, where Leah was getting changed. He crept up on her, wrapping his arms around her. She jumped slightly. 

"Sorry," he mumbled. "I am sorry for being so distant." 

"You don't have anything to be sorry for. You've gone through something no one should ever go through," spoke Leah, rubbing his neck as she turned and looked at him, half dressed. 

"I should have been there," admitted Leah, feeling the tears. "I should have waited..."

"Shhh," he whispered, his hand moving to touch her face. "I'm home now, I'm safe, we'll be okay." 

He pressed his lips to hers, and she kissed him back he pulled back and looked at her. Before kissing her again, and turning her towards the bed.

-------------

VJ was walking home from school when he ran into Peter, "Everything okay at home?"

"Sure," spoke VJ side swiping him and carrying on walking with Hunter. 

He looked back at him, "He is doing nothing about Zac's kidnapping, I thought we would have heard about any leads." 

---------

Kat had found Tank and brought him in, "Thank you for coming. Where did you find Zac MacGuire?"

"In an abandoned warehouse out in the forest part of Yabbie Creek Road," spoke Tank, "I didn't know what to do, I panicked and got him out of there, but I just panicked so I dropped him at the caravan park."

"Did you have anything to do with his kidnapping?" asked Kat.

"No, I've changed. What I did to Josh was unacceptable!" spoke Tank. 

"And reports say you were the one who stabbed MacGuire in prison?" asked Kat.

"That was unintentional, he got in the way, the prisoners were after me, he tried to break up the fight but I didn't see him in time to stop my hand lunging forward. I helped him when I realized. Those others turned on him then as well." spoke Tank. Lying. 

"Thank you, Wayne, you are free to go, but firstly, can you take us to the location?" 

Tank nodded, "Yep, sure." He said. 

-------------

Does Tank take them to the right location?

Thanks for the support! :wub: Finally got rid of that horrible long name of mine, to something more suitable :lol:

Note: Holly returns to the bay this chapter, but Zac and Leah don't get into touch with her until he starts back at school.

Chapter Thirteen - The Return 

Zac had been getting a much better handle on himself, after seeing the counselor Nate had put him onto, he had techniques to handle himself when he was alone at home, and he had been encouraged to start to try and walk the path he was kidnapped on, but not alone for the first few goes. 

Leah had been sitting down eating breakfast when she heard him come through to the kitchen to grab a bowl for his own breakfast, "Hey, are you going to be walking to work?"

Leah looked up at him as he took a seat down next to her, "Yes of course, how come?"

"I will walk with you, my counselor told me to start to try and get back to normal and that is to start there, but to walk with someone for the first few times," explained Zac. "I thought it would be good to walk with you, instead of VJ; as you know me better than anyone else." 

"And routine is walking with me to work anyway," she teased and reached out and rubbed his face. Leah was glad, he was letting her do that now. It took awhile, for him not to flinch when a hand was stretched in front of him, just a reflex of what happened. 

It had been a few days since he was at school, but things were better. He and Leah were inseparable unless she had to go to work, they were just reaffirming their love for one another. VJ, Hunter and the twins found it adorable that they could get through anything. 

Oscar sighed, "I want a love like those two one day, something that solid and strong."

"Me too," spoke VJ.

------------

Kat finally got the order for Tank to take her to the abandoned warehouse, he met her along Yabbie Creek Road, and walked with her through the bush. 

"You carried him quite the way to get him home, Wayne?" marveled Kat. 

"Yeah, well I did wrong by Evie and Josh, and I didn't want to leave him there if whoever was behind it was going to kill him. He was in bad shape, he wasn't awake either," lied Tank.

"And I did wrong by him in prison, he was only trying to help. So I thought I better get him back, no one was there." spoke Tank.

"Well I am sure Leah and Zac thank you for saving him," spoke Kat believing the man. 

"I haven't been able to front up, I may in a week or so." spoke Tank.

"Good idea, Zac's taking awhile to venture about on his own, but he'll get there." spoke Kat. 

Once they arrived to the abandoned lot, they entered. "That's weird," spoke Tank.

"What is?" spoke Kat.

"Can't you smell bleach? It's been cleaned, what was here when Zac was, is gone." spoke Tank.

"Someone cleared the place?" sighed Kat. "So someone knew we were onto it, are you sure you're telling me the truth, Wayne?"

Tank was in shock, he came back four days ago to make sure his stuff wasn't here when the cops came, but everything else that held Zac up and the weapons were here, but now they weren't. Peter had cleaned it up?

"I am telling you the truth, I had nothing to do with this." spoke Tank.

"Someone knew, and someone knows bleach can wipe out finger prints, but they would have to have missed something, I'll get forensics out here to check for partials." spoke Kat. 

"You're free to go," spoke Kat.

------------

Zac was ready for the walk, as Leah was ready for work, they were just standing in their bedroom right now staring at each other. "We could just stay home," teased Zac pressing his lips to her forehead, then her cheek. 

"No, I really need to work today. Greg's on my case about presenting some plan to keep an eye on Holly when she returns, especially when she's in your class. Which means I may have to occasionally sit in," sighed Leah.

"And distract me by your beauty," spoke Zac putting on his greenish jacket. 

"No!" she chuckled and looked at him, "I think you'd distract me."

He grinned at her, "Ready?"

Leah nodded, and followed him out and down the stairs. They took each others hands once they started the walk to school. Leah soothingly stroked his hand as they walked. As they neared closer to where he was kidnapped, his breathing picked up a little in fear that they'd be there again. 

Leah looked up at him, and stopped. "Do you want to go back home?"

He looked at her, his eyes wild with fear, "No." he whispered, "I have to do this."

Leah leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "You can do this," spoke Leah. 

He looked at her and nodded, "I love you." 

Zac continued to walk, and looked to where he was dragged off too. Trying to picture who took him, but nothing came. He continued to walk. 

--------------

Holly had returned, she wondered why this Peter Baker requested their return to the school, but she wasn't starting yet. Her family wanted her to get her feeling about being back in Summer Bay before they threw her back into school where she fell for that teacher. 

"He still won't be interested in you, Holly." warned her  new step-father.

"I know, I'm over him." spoke Holly as they sat along the path to the school, she noticed Leah first. Who was trying to amuse Zac in distracting him from his thoughts.

"There's the counselor Mr Snelgrove will want me to see, she's really, really nice!" beamed Holly. 

Zac came into view now, watching Leah bound about laughing. He stopped walking. "There he is..."

-------------

Zac was feeling better now, Leah was teasing and poking fun at him, trying to provoke him to chase her. She giggled at him, "You won't catch me!" She said. Seeing the smile on his face made her antics worth it as he ran and caught her, making her scream out with laughter as he picked her up and span her around. Unaware of the eyes of young Holly on them. Her hands planted on his arms. Students gazes and whistles happened, and Zac let her down. But he kept her in his grasp. 

"Do you seriously have to go to work?" he teased. Whispering something in her ear, which had her laughing again.

"Yes, I do!" she swatted his arm gently. "Now I have to go. I love you," she smiled at him.

"I love you," he said so gently, taking her face in his hands and kissing her deeply before he pulled back and turned and walked back the way he came to overcome his fear, Leah watched him, he looked back once and nodded that he would be okay.

-----------

Holly sat there, stunned, "Wow." 

Peter then approached them, "Why I asked you back here, is that I need Holly to try and get with Zac again."

"She has issues, that will trigger her again!" demanded her mother. Glaring at her friend, that she had worked with, with young youth in trouble with the law. 

"Mandy, please!" growled Peter. "You know what will happen..."

"I'll do it," spoke Holly.

-------

Peter is damn evil! Why won't he let up? Will this work? Will this put the strain on Leah that is needed?

Trying to find a way to slowly dwindle down Peter's antics and leave him busted, but not yet. I'm enjoying this a lot! :wub:

Chapter Fourteen - Hello, Again Sir.

It had been one week since Zac walked to school with Leah, and he was finally ready to head back to school. Leah had to head in early, as it was Holly's first day back at school and Leah had to make sure Holly's feelings towards Zac were gone, Zac was skeptical, and didn't really believe that she had changed. He understood the issues surrounding her growing attached to him, he just did not wish to see it repeat itself. Not when Leah and he had never had much of a time to settle as a normal married couple, but what was normal these days for them? They were still happy, and very much in love. He counted his blessings for that.

Leah walked into school, to be greeted by Greg, "She's waiting at your office, she knows you and MacGuire are an item, so it will be interesting to see now; how she actually responds to you."

"How did she learn that?" wondered Leah.

"Saw you two the other week, when he first braced himself to walk back. He chased you and span you around, her mother said that. Not her. She just smiled politely." spoke Greg.

"Right, I had to distract him he wasn't acting himself and I thought the best thing for him was for him to focus on someone or something he loves," spoke Leah. "And it worked. I didn't think he'd chase me."

She tried not to grin with pride, remembering that moment. It was truly like he was back and fully okay. And he was, she got home that night and for the briefest of moments he hovered, but he started to come fully right from then on.

"He's returning today, and if he says he can't do something you will be okay with that right? I just think him making great progress at home may be a little different at school. I'll be in the class with Holly, he has asked that of her first day."

Greg nodded, "Oh absolutely, don't want to make him more anxious than he probably already is."

Leah smiled, "I best get to Holly."

--------------

Zac was sitting eating his cereal, and watched as the kids came and joined him. "Leah already gone, or did you wear her out?" teased Oscar.

"Oscar!" cried Evie with laughter.

"What?" he grinned.

Zac looked at him. "Actually she's gone to work already. She has to meet Holly." sighed Zac. Shaking his head. "Why are you so interested in what Leah and I do in our bedroom?"

VJ came down and grabbed a seat, "Morning."

"Because I heard you both last night," admitted Oscar. "No big deal though."

Zac was red faced, "Right..." He quickly filled his mouth with cereal.

"Heard what?" asked VJ.

Evie was laughing, "Oscar I can't believe you!"

"Now I want to know," grumbled VJ. "Don't leave me out of the details!"

"It really doesn't matter," interrupted Zac.

Oscar laughed, "Oh you know late night foxtrot."

"Huh?" complained VJ. "Oh! Yuck!"

Zac was red, "Why were you near our door anyway?"

"Uh, I heard you at the bathroom." spoke Oscar.

Zac almost choked on his cereal, but stood up. "Right, I'm going to work before this gets even weirder."

"Sorry Zac, couldn't help myself. Least it's cheered you up," teased Oscar.

"More like embarrassed, see you all later. See you at school, VJ, Hunter."  grabbing his bag and headed out the door before another could get a word in. All was on his mind was 'were we really that loud?'

-----------

Leah sat down in her counselor chair, and looked up as she made Holly sit down, "Hello Holly, welcome back! How are you feeling so far about being back?"

Holly looked at her, as her hands crossed over her laptop on her desk. Noting the wedding rings. "Well, it's weird you know? Last I was here, I was crazy and manipulated a lot of people to believe me that Mr MacGuire was into me."

"And?" asked Leah.

"I just want him to know that I am sorry, that I harbor no more feelings for him and that my counseling helped me." lied Holly. She was very much still into him.

"Well I am happy to hear that, Holly." smiled Leah.

"Course you are, he's your husband," smiled Holly.

"No, because of your own mental health. Nothing about Mr MacGuire and I being married." stated Leah.

"I will be in attendance in your first class with Mr MacGuire on his own request to access if you are meaning what you say," spoke Leah.

"He doesn't trust me? I get that, and that's fine. Can I go to class now, Mrs MacGuire?"

"Patterson-MacGuire," corrected Leah.

"Sorry! So can I?" she thumbed to the door. And Leah nodded.

----------

Zac walked into school and noticed Holly exit Leah's office and he ducked into his classroom and closed the door, avoiding speaking to her unless he absolutely has too. He noticed her go passed his classroom, to her locker and he exited his classroom.

"Welcome back, sir!" grinned one of the students.

"Thank you Jess," he smiled and turned to walk down to the library to print off what was needed for his first class, Holly looking at him. Zac avoided eye contact and went and did what he had too.

Once that was done he put the papers out on the desk. Holly sat along the hallway to Leah's office and Zac walked out of his room and down the hall. Noticing Holly close to her room, wondered if she needed to see her again.

Once Zac reached the door he knocked twice, "Come in!"

He entered with a smile, "Hello you."

Closing the door he walked up to her, "Never leave me with the kids again! Especially while Oscar's home!"

Leah stood up, "Why?"

Zac went red, "He heard us, lastnight."

"Doing what?" asked Leah.

"As he put it, late night foxtrot." spoke Zac, placing his head on her forehead.

"What was he doing near our door?" spoke Leah. "Perving?"

"I asked him that, he was at the bathroom, thankfully VJ didn't hear. I can't believe we were that loud!" laughed Zac, laughing it off.

"We're gonna have to keep it down then," spoke Leah, shocked.

"Change of subject, how did the talk with Holly go?" asked Zac sitting down.

"It went well, she says she is over you," spoke Leah. "I want to believe her, but she smiled just too much."

"Great, she did look at me when I went to the library. You will be at class, like I had asked, right?" assured Zac.

"Yes, of course. So apart from that embarrassing typical Oscar, how was the walk to school?" asked Leah.

Zac stood up, "Care to go to the staffroom with me for some coffee?"

Leah nodded and walked around the desk as he opened the door for her, Leah smiled and saw Holly there. Zac closed her door and stood next to her.

"Everything alright, Holly?" asked Leah.

"People stare, I think they remember who I am, well the older students that were my year when I was here." frowned Holly.

"Just surprised that you're back, is all," spoke Zac. "People will forgive and forget."

Holly grinned, and then frowned. "I am sorry Mr MacGuire, I didn't mean to show you harm, or affection. I was messed up, I would like you to know that I am happy for you, and that I am sorry I almost ruined your career."

"Don't try it again," warned Zac and smiled to Leah. "Coffee?"

She nodded, "Thank you Holly, that was a good step. So, how was the walk?" she turned her attention back to Zac.

"It was good, I was fine." grinned Zac.

------------

Mandy, Holly's mother stood staring at Peter. "I don't think this is a good idea, please!"

"It is now you will let her do it! Look, I know what you did!" snapped Peter. "You really don't want to leave your daughter all defenseless in the world, now do you?"

Mandy cried and closed her eyes, "No sir."

-------------

What is Mandy hiding? And why will she let her daughter try and bed a teacher that made her mental health slip more too? Why would she agree to try and ruin a love?

Thanks for the support, last chapter before bed.

Chapter Fifteen - Wolf Whistles.

The day had gone pretty smoothly, and it was now lunch time. Leah slipped into Zac's classroom and smiled at him, "How have your classes been going? Are you okay?"

"There were a few moments where I thought I needed to take off, but I pushed through it. Can't really expect me to say I am ready and take off at the first challenge," spoke Zac walking over and wrapping his arms around her. "Plus, I have you in my class for my last class.. Got something to look forward too."

Leah chuckled. "I bet you do."

"Do you find it weird, that now she's suddenly returning? Like why would her mother put her through the torment of seeing a man she will never be with? Logic?" asked Zac.

"Yeah, I do. But maybe, it is what Holly wanted to make things right, I never thought about that, I will ask her." spoke Leah. "Should get some lunch."

Leah looked at him and smiled, "What should dinner be like tonight?"

"I was thinking ditch the kids, just us." teased Zac as they walked down the hallway. "Candles, rug, picnic type thing..."

Holly looked up from her locker as she saw Zac and Leah walk aimlessly down the hallway hand in hand, not even getting one single stare.

"Candles? Zac! You romantic!" teased Leah.

"Shush! You'll ruin my street cred!" he whispered in her ear.

"Oh stop it, what street cred?" she teased back.

"You know it," he said as they entered the staff area heading to the fridge for the leftovers from their dinner last night.

"But I for dinner how about a barbecue?" asked Zac. "Steak, bacon, eggs, salad."

"That sounds great, a family barbecue, Alf included." smiled Leah kissing him once.

-----------

Holly sat alone, most of the lunch break. Leah had gone off alone, and she saw Zac standing out front monitoring the students. She really didn't want to do what Peter asked her too, in fear of having to be seen by her counselor again, but she knew that Peter would hurt her mother if she didn't. She stood up, but lost her nerve when he walked away. "Class time then," she muttered.

She began to trail the halls when she caught him again, this time definitely alone. "Hey Mr MacGuire," she smiled brightly.

Zac almost went through the roof, "Holly, what may I do for you?"

"You look handsome in that shirt," she smiled and pranced away from him. Leaving Zac shocked and kind of confused.

Zac sighed, and turned towards the counselor's office. And stormed in there, "She isn't!-"

"Mr.." Leah said before he could finish.

"Oh! I thought you'd still be on your lunch break, I forgot to knock. I'm sorry. Text me when you're done." He left quickly. A student was in there and he didn't want to interrupt longer than he had.

---------

Twenty minutes had passed and he had shut himself in his classroom, and Leah knocked. "Yeah!"

Leah entered, "Everything okay? I thought my door was going to come off how fast you came through the door. I was worried, I couldn't just shove Allen out."

"No, it's fine. I just got carried away." spoke Zac.

"What's wrong?" asked Leah.

"Holly!" snapped Zac. "She's still a problem. She came up to me when I was getting a glass of water and said, 'you look handsome in that shirt,' like over me or not?"

Leah sighed, "Maybe she just doesn't remember what the boundaries are for inappropriateness, I will have a word before she gets into your classroom."

-------------

It was time for Holly to be in Zac's class and Leah pulled her aside, "Before we go in there, you must know that saying Mr MacGuire looks handsome in his shirt is inappropriate, he is your teacher."

Holly sighed, "I didn't think it was, I apologize. Can I just get this day over with now please Mrs Patterson-MacGuire?"

Leah didn't fail to hear the snarky bitterness when she said her last name, "Yes, sure."

Holly entered first, and then Leah. As Zac reintroduced Holly, "Now guys, I want you to welcome Holly back to school. Mrs Patterson-MacGuire will be with her for this class, to help her settle in."

Wolf whistles were heard, "Hot wife Mr!" a student teased him.

"Ryan, enough with the inappropriate comments!" snapped Zac. He couldn't say that he disagreed with the comment though. Leah took a seat to the side near the front, while Holly sat at the front and got her text books out.

Zac handed out the sheets of paper to the students, and handed her the book. "You have to read to Chapter eight by tomorrow to be able to catch up with the students. If you aren't prepared to do that, then find a study partner to help."

He was formal, and quite cold to her which made Holly nervous. Leah smiled, that's how it should be with students. She did notice the offense Holly took to his tone, "Now guys, I want you to write a paragraph about the main character."

"And what do I do handsome?" teased Holly, running her finger through her hair.

The class snickered. Zac turned around and looked at her, "That is inappropriate, enough. You will read the first chapter, and then tell the class your impression of it. Am I clear?" His voice stern and showing no care. "I made the mistake once of getting close with a student, you, never again."

Leah sighed, "Sir."

He nodded, "Sorry, I shouldn't have lost my temper."

He sat down and opened up his own book and began to read, silently paying attention to the class.

Leah moved closer to Holly, "What you did there was inappropriate, and you should apologize."

"Sorry sir," sighed Holly.

She felt really guilty, but she didn't want her mum to get hurt and she knew she would if she opened her mouth and didn't do what Peter asked. She was to only say inappropriate things right now. She knew if she had to kiss him, or try too, she would fall again. She still felt something for him, but she saw how happy her counselor and he were, she didn't want to ruin that like Peter did.

-----------

Peter sat at home looking through his photo albums, looking at all the images of he and Leah he had saved, cherished. He loved Amanda, but Leah was always something else with him. "We are made for each other, and someday he'll be out of your life."

Amanda had been back out of town sorting out some stuff for Ryan to be able to return to his school off the Coast, when they finally are able to return. But she honestly didn't know when that would be, as Peter didn't seem to care much about the case he was assigned too and more about Leah being with Zac. She couldn't figure out why he was so obsessed with them two.

--------

Mandy waited desperately outside the school for Holly, worried that something would have happened. She smiled when she saw her, and Holly got in the car.

"I did it, but he really hates me Mum," cried Holly. "He's not nice at all, not like he used too."

"Is he extra rude to you?" frowned Mandy, "I could go to the principal."

"No, I had Mrs Patterson-MacGuire in the class, and she said something and he apologized for losing his temper. Well I just called him handsome, like Peter said. Once at lunch and definitely in the class," frowned Holly. "I still like him mum, but he doesn't want a bar of me."

-------

Poor Holly, why did Peter do this? Carry on reading to find out!
:wub:

Thank you for the support.

Chapter Sixteen - She Needs To Go.

Zac stood in the classroom staring at Leah, "She has to go! I can't deal with this."

Leah walked up to him and touched his face, "I think she's just testing her boundaries, give her time to realize it isn't going to happen. Zac give it time."

Zac shook his head, "No. I just I can't alright!" He was panicking and Leah grabbed him and pulled her to him in a hug. Feeling his breath on her neck, she knew he wasn't completely okay with being back at school and Holly triggered his anxiety.

"Shh, it's okay. I'll be here, for most classes but I won't be able to be here all the time," reminded Leah.

"It just feels like one trial after the other, and it's beginning to wonder if this keeps going, how will we survive?" asked Zac.

"We've survived Hunter, Charlotte, the house fire, my aneurysm, you being kidnapped. We will survive this," she kissed him deeply.

He pulled her closer to him and kissed her back, deeper. "Let's go home," he spoke and grabbed his bag. Turning off the lights for his classroom.

--------

Mandy looked at her daughter, who sat at the diner nibbling her cake slowly. VJ came up to her, unable to say anything in class. "Why did you do that? Call Mr MacGuire handsome? You know he's married to my mum, right? And you're like a kid, his son's age."

"I was just being honest," frowned Holly. "Please stop hounding me."

"Then back off of my dad alright?" spoke Hunter who appeared behind VJ. "Basketball Veej?"

"Sure let's go home and get changed."

Zac and Leah just arrived home, and Zac was kissing Leah deeply.

Oscar came in, "Oooh." He mumbled.

Zac pulled away, and shook his head pointing. "No more jokes, and interferring with our life in our bedroom, got it?"

"Alright, Zac I'm sorry." giggled Oscar.

"Really, find your own to muse about," spoke Zac.

---------

Holly still sat the diner, "I can't do this, I have to tell them who's behind it."

Mandy glared at her daughter, "And do you want it to come out, huh?"

Holly felt the tears, "No! But MacGuire has a family now! I can't destroy that!"

"But you'd destroy ours to keep his alive?" snapped Mandy.

Holly hung her head, "No. I'll do it."

-------

Tank had been debating approaching Zac and apologizing for what happened in prison, but he was worried it would trigger his memory. He desperately wanted to make things right, approaching the house he knocked.

Leah had come down the stairs, and answered. "Tank, how may we help you?"

"Is Zac home, I want to apologize and see if he's okay," spoke Tank. Rubbing his hands together.

"Zac!" called Leah. He came down the stairs and over to her.

He then looked to the door, his mind raced with flashbacks. "W... Why are you here? You... didn't save me..."

Leah watched him, "Zac he did, he said to Evie he found you."

"He did it Leah!" cried Zac. "He kidnapped me."

Tank put his hands up, "I had no choice! It wasn't my idea! I just wanted to say sorry! He said he would kill me if I didn't!"

"Who?" asked Zac.

"He'd kill me if I told, and he has... a way with the law." whispered Tank.

Leah sighed, "We can help, just tell us who ordered you to kidnap my husband or I will report you for it!"

Tank sighed, "Peter Baker."

----------

So Tank came forward... How will Leah and Zac deal with this?

Thankies! Now they know Peter put up the kidnapping thing? What will Happen? Oh Leah!

Chapter Seventeen - I'm so Sorry.

Leah watched as Tank left, and she almost fell with the guilt of it all. She fell against the table and cried, Zac rushed to her, "Shh." He wrapped his arms around her from behind. She shook her head and closed her eyes.

"This is all my fault, he did this because I love you." she cried. Shaking her head. It was breaking her into pieces knowing she was the reason that Peter did this. She was the reason behind this, she was the reason he was alone and scared out there.

"No it's not, his own issues made him to do this. I will never blame you." He pressed a kiss to her cheek, his head rested on her shoulder. She leaned back against him, and sighed disentangling herself from his hold.

She went up to their room, and began to change out of her clothes. He breathed in deep, leaning over the chair in the lounge and banged it before grabbing his keys and taking off. Peter wasn't going to get away with this.

---------

Leah came down the stairs ten minutes later, to see that he wasn't here. That alerted her, as VJ and Hunter came in. "Why was Zac off in a hurry?" asked VJ.

"We learned who had him kidnapped, and who held him hostage. I think he's gone after the person responsible and it's going to end badly, I'll be back." she grabbed her keys and rushed to her car.

Leah had a fair idea where Peter will be, and Zac knew so too.

-------

Zac entered the station, "Kat. I need to speak to the boss boss,"

"Emerson? Sure." Kat smiled, "One moment."

Peter entered the station and saw standing there rather anxiously. "Everything alright?"

"Like you care," snapped Zac staring at him.

"Mr MacGuire, how may I help you?" asked Emerson.

"I know who kidnapped me, and I know who ordered it also," spoke Zac as Leah rushed into see Peter standing there, and then Zac.

"I can deal with that," spoke Peter.

"No! I asked for the boss, and that's who I will speak to or I'll handle it myself," snapped Zac.

Leah put her hand on his back, "You took off, I was worried."

"Has to be dealt with, Leah." sighed Zac. She leant up and kissed his cheek.

--------

Emerson took him into a questioning room, with Leah also.

"Wayne Snelgrove kidnapped me on orders from Peter Baker," spoke Zac.

"Are you really sure about that?" asked Emerson.

"Yes, he threatened Leah the night before I was kidnapped that if she defends me again, she'll regret it," spoke Zac.

"Is this true?" asked Emerson.

"Yes Peter has always been on the bad side of the law, I am surprised he is still allowed to be on the force."

---------

Once the interview was over Peter stood in the middle of the station and Leah eyed him down, "Your time is running out, I can't believe you did this to us! Move on Peter!"

He looked at her, "You're the idiot, not I!"

"You kidnapped me to get to her!" snapped Zac.

"This is far from over Leah, that's the least I could do!" snapped Peter. Which ended in him being arrested, "I still have sources."

-------

Busted Peter.. But is it over?

Thank you for the support. Intending on finishing this story soon! But hopefully not too soon! But maybe things will calm down now Peter's been arrested.

:wub:

Chapter Eighteen - Freedom, Incarceration, Love.

Leah watched as Zac left the police station, "He's not done? What else does he have to do? Why is he doing this?!"

Leah sighed, "Because that is who he is, Zac and I am so sorry."

He looked at her, "Again you have nothing absolutely nothing to be sorry for! But he is!"

Leah touched his arm, "Please calm down, you're letting him get into your head."

He nodded, he put his arm around her. "What should we do?"

"We should get Amanda to come over, we need to tell her before he spins a lie." spoke Leah.

-------

Peter was sitting in the interrogation room, "So you admitted to Leah Patterson-MacGuire, that you had Zac MacGuire kidnapped, why?" asked Kat as she came in and sat down.

"Leah was married to my brother, Dan, who died awhile ago, I guess I just got jealous of her happiness with Zac, and I love her," admitted Peter.

"So you're in love with Zac MacGuire's wife, who was once your brothers wife? Interesting. But that doesn't justify kidnapping an honest man, a decent man who loves his family to get your own way. So why did you go out of your way to hire Wayne Snelgrove to do the deed?" interrogated Kat.

"Because I wouldn't do it myself," spoke Peter.

"Why did you do it?" asked again Kat.

"So they'd break up." snapped Peter. "Lucky Wayne grew a conscience, Kat. I would've killed him anyway."

"I am charging you with kidnapping and threatening behaviour, along with assault, with intent to kill. You will be reprimanded to custody until trial for bail," spoke Kat.

--------

Amanda recieved a phone call from Leah to come over to their house, and she agreed to come over. "Hey guys!"

"Were you apart of it?" snapped Leah. "I am not playing games. Not when Peter's already played enough now."

Amanda looked confused and looked between the both of them, "What do you mean, games? Peter's been nothing but supportive of you, that's what he tells me. He was sorry for what outburst he had at Angelo's the other night."

"You heard Zac was kidnapped?" asked Leah.

"Yes," spoke Amanda.

"That was him, he ordered it, hired someone too," spoke Zac. 

"He did what? Why?" tears filled Amanda's eyes, "I thought he'd changed. Why would he do this?"

"To get at Leah, because of Dan and his own love for her, it's rather selfish."

There was a knock at the door, Kat entered. "Hello guys, I just want you to know I've charged Peter with kidnapping, assault with the intent to kill."

"What does that mean exactly?" asked Leah.

"Peter admitted if Wayne hadn't of grown a conscience and returned Zac, that Peter was going to kill him," admitted Kat. "I knew something fishy was up with him, I am so sorry this happened."

"No I am, he's a selfish little pig that doesn't deserve to see the light of day again. Leah, I am so sorry for his behavior." admitted Amanda.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Peter has to be sorry," admitted Zac. "I don't want you, or Leah blaming themselves. It's his issues, his sick twisted issues that he has to sort himself out, and unfortunately prison is going to teach him so hard lessons, because they don't like people who work for the other side."

Leah walked over to him, leaning up and kissing him, "I can't help it, love. I love you."

"I love you too," spoke Zac.

Kat smiled, "Well I am getting him transported, by Emerson himself to the prison. As Peter's past in force, has a way escaping. So I am going with them to make sure he gets there."

----

Holly had been walking around town for a bit, and news spread fast of the new cops arrest for the kidnap of Zac MacGuire, and she grinned at her mother, "That means we're free right?"

"He could still get to us, in prison! You know that!" spoke Mandy.

"You murdered Dad! One day it'll be figured out anyway!" Holly whispered.

"You know why!" Mandy harshly whispered.

Holly nodded her head and walked off, just aimlessly wandering and saw Zac now alone, standing under a tree. "Mr MacGuire?"

"What do you want? Whatever your silly stunts were at school, were unacceptable." snapped Zac. "I've had a long day, I would like it if you left me alone when we're not in school."

"I know they were, mum was threatened by Peter Baker, if I didn't get close to you and try and break you and Mrs Patterson-MacGuire up, he'd tell the world her secret, something she doesn't want out," spoke

Zac looked at her, "Then back off, he's gone to jail."

"I am really sorry for everything I put you through." she admitted more honestly now.

"I am glad, just know what I said in class applies." spoke Zac. "I want nothing but teacher student relationships."

He walked off then, and Holly followed him back to her mother. "I told him about Peter, I didn't say why you were threatened I just can't ruin another ones life anymore, Mum. I want a good future, not painted by bad blood. But she gazed at him as he walked away, was she telling the truth?

----

Leah had been on the phone most of the afternoon, sorting out a romantic weekend away, the kids were all helping her with ideas. She finally settled on a coastal resort up the coast from Summer Bay, get out of town for awhile and settle down back into routine, with each other. Leah loved him so much, and she felt terribly responsible; she knows he doesn't want her blaming himself. Leah already arranged for Monday and Tuesday reliever for him, just to have some extra time off to regroup themselves, and him to have closure. Greg was fully supportive, and apologized dearly for Wayne's involvement, but was thankful that the police are only charging him with accessory to it, and that he should only get a few months in prison.

VJ sighed, "I can't believe Peter did that!"

"I know VJ, me too. Will you all be okay over the weekend?" asked Leah, now worried about the kids.

"Oh don't worry about them, love, I'll look after them. You take Zac and go!" grinned Alf from the kitchen.

"Take me where?" asked Zac as he came through the door.

"A surprise, we're going away till Tuesday night, I've cleared it with Greg. We've missed three date nights, they're sacred remember?" smirked Leah. "And I want to do something for you, go, pack a bag."

Zac looked at her, he smiled at her, and shook his head lightly. "You're unbelievable, I love you."

"I love you too, please, let me do this," spoke Leah.

Zac nodded, and went up the stairs to pack a bag of clothes for the time away, Leah joined him, "Do take some swimming gear, and shorts too, and some pants and dress shirts." she hinted, pressing a kiss to his neck.

Zac grinned watching her start to pack her own bag, and he looked back to his own gear and smiled once he was done.

---------

Next: Resort time, and return... Trial for bbail... Is it over? And a surprise for the loving couple!

NOTE: Story will be ending soon I believe... :wub: If Peter's settled down, what else can I do to carry it on?

Thank you Kristen, Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~! Means a lot for the support! :wub:

Chapter Nineteen - We Built It Back Up.

Leah had packed up her car, and grinned as the kids came out to see them off. Zac hugged Hunter and VJ, and then the twins. "Behave yourself, and at school don't bully Holly, I did overhear you were going to have a say. She was brought here because of Peter, another of his games. She's apologized to me before I got home, so please. Give her a chance. I'm not going too, but as you both are her peers I expect you too." 

Leah looked at him, with a smile on her face. "Ready?"

"I am kind of nervous to wonder where we're going?" spoke Zac. 

"Have a super fantastic loving time away, guys!" grinned Oscar, "Do not wake the neighbours!"

Leah looked at him, "Oscar, seriously?" trying not to laugh. 

-------------

The drive out of Summer Bay was quiet, Zac watched the sights go by. "So we're going to a house?"

"No," he rubbed his thigh, "It's a surprise Zac, meaning you won't know till we get there." 

He chuckled, and then breathed out. "Are you still blaming yourself?"

"I am, I just want to make it up to you. Show you how much I still love you," admitted Leah. "That our marriage won't be vilified by some mad bitter man."

Zac looked at her, and frowned, "I hate it when you blame yourself for things you didn't cause, or implicate. It is his issues."

"Can we just go away for these few days be together and have some fun?" smiled Leah.

"You bet we can," spoke Zac. 

-----------

Amanda arrived home to her house, where Ryan waited. "What's going on? We're leaving already?" 

"Yes, I am not waiting around for Peter to be released from Prison. He kidnapped Leah's husband, with the intent to kill him."

"Seriously?" groaned Ryan. "He's unbelievable."

"Yes, I am serious. He's shaken Leah up, I can tell. She's feeling extremely guilty for what Peter put Zac through," explained Amanda.

"You know all of this is about Dad, and you know he'd want her to be happy," explained Ryan.

"Exactly." agreed Amanda.

--------

Peter was transported into the prison, Kat making sure he was settled in properly, and no chance of escape. He was put in main, like all the rest should be. He'll have protection until he gets denied bail, hopefully Kat hoped they would keep him locked up, as he did intend to kill Zac.

"Do you think he'll get bail?" asked Kat, to Emerson.

"No, considering he is an officer, and did what he did. It's unlikely that the judge will favor him, but we'll see." spoke Emerson.

"I hope he doesn't," spoke Kat.

"Me too," spoke Emerson.

--------

Leah had pulled into the resort, a two hour drive and Zac was stunned, "A resort?"

"Yes, love," she smiled as she parked she got out grabbing her bags and Zac followed a small appreciative smile on her face. 

"Hello, I booked the honeymoon suite, Leah Patterson-MacGuire," smiled Leah, she grinned at Zac.

"We never got our honeymoon, so..." she smiled softly at him. Zac softly wrapped his arms around her. 

"You are too sweet," pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Here are the keys, enjoy your weekend." spoke the clerk.

"Thanks" smiled Zac and followed Leah off to their room. 

"Thank you for this," spoke Zac, as she closed the door he pulled her too him, and pressed his lips to her. Leah wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up at him, smiling greatly. 

"I wanted to do something special for us, to help me forgive myself for what happened," admitted Leah. 

Zac looked out at the view, "You know I don't blame you, but this, this is what I feel we need." 

She grinned over at him, while she poured them some wine. "We can go swimming tomorrow and have some fun, and then walk along the coastal tracks." 

He turned around and took the glass she had for him, he looked down at her and gazed at her, "You're really keen on this weekend being just for us right?" 

"Of course," spoke Leah.

"Then no more talking of the kidnapping, Peter, and just focus on us," he spoke. He moved closer to her, taking her face in one hand. "Because I love you, I'm not going anywhere. I promised to love you forever, and I intend to keep it. Throughout everything, you get me through." He pressed his lips to hers.

"I love you Zac, that isn't going to change, I promise you that. I've never felt like this before, towards anyone." admitted Leah, her hands rubbing up and down his back. "Fancy a movie? It's late and it has been a long day for us," spoke Leah.

"Sure why not, what kind of movie?" asked Zac. "Something to fall asleep too?"

"Sure, I love the sound of that," smiled Leah, leaning up to kiss him deeply. 

"Or we could fall asleep after something else?" he teased down at her, pressing his lips to hers again.

"Sounds even better." She chuckled against his mouth, wrapping her arms around his neck.

-----------

VJ, Hunter and the twins sat in the lounge area, "I think it's good they've gone away for awhile, at least they'll get a break from seeing this town, and have a break after all the crap Peter put them through." admitted VJ. They'd all been talking about Zac and Leah's relationship.

"We should be thanking Matt," spoke Evie.

"Why Matt?" asked Hunter.

"Well, Zac and Leah's first kiss was goaded by Matt, Matt knew Leah fancied Zac and Zac didn't know. A school fete at the surf club was on, and Matt cheekily asked Zac to mind the money box at the kissing booth," admitted Evie.

"So, when Leah asked what Zac was doing there, Sasha tried to tell the truth. But Matt pulled a story, saying for Leah to kiss him. She said no, Matt goaded her about fancying him. So she bit back and went and kissed him, leaving him stunned. They danced about from then on, but it got them together." grinned Oscar. 

"Then Matt outed their relationship to the whole class, as you learned," spoke VJ. "Humiliating. But I came around, when mum was in a coma for nearly a month."

Hunter looked at them, "Then I came along, me and my messed up head." 

"Why did you set the fire?" asked Evie. "You never really said why."

"Mum told me she told Zac and that he never wanted to know me, so I wanted to get back at him. But she lied," spoke Hunter. "All I had wanted my whole life was to talk to my father, hearing that made me angry." 

"Why did she do that?" pondered Oscar.

"To keep me at Grans, but it just made me mad," spoke Hunter. "I didn't expect for it to get that out of hand that fast, I panicked and planted it all on Billie. Mum told me not to come forward for it."

'And the diner?" asked VJ.

"That was Mum, she realized she wasn't getting Zac back and wanted to punish Leah," spoke Hunter, not wanting to lose the family he has now, so he planted that on his mother. 

"After all that time she still loved Zac?" asked Oscar.

"Yeah, she did. And I at the time wanted the family together. Now I am glad it didn't happen. Leah and Zac, are made for each other." 

------------

News traveled around town fast that the new detective was also kicked off the case, Irene shook her head. "Still doesn't surprise me," 

Alf had come over to her house with Roo, to have dinner as the kids said they'd be fine. "Leah was devastated the poor girl. Zac just took it on his chin, assuring her he still loved her. But her guilt, I just hope with their time away they'd be able to rebuild and love each other without the worry of him ever bothering them again. The flamin' crongo." 

"Well let's hope darl, that he doesn't get bail!" chimed Irene.

"That's for real!" agreed Roo. "Well I better get back to Matt and Maddy!" 

-----------

Morning came and sun shone through their hotel room, and Zac grumbled at the light, wrapped in sheets, he looked down to see his beautiful wife asleep into his side, her head on his chest. He grinned down at her, and stroked his fingers through her hair, watching her stir. 

"Mm, morning," she mumbled, pressing a kiss on his chest. 

"Good morning, it's very beautiful outside," spoke Zac, finally feeling extremely relaxed. 

Leah opened her eyes and peered out, sitting up, holding the sheet around her body. "Fancy a swim after breakfast?" She teased. 

"Of course," he sat up too, and kissed her. "I love you." 

"I love you too, now let's order breakfast before the breakfast menu stops," smiled Leah.

Once they finished their breakfast of bacon and eggs, with orange juice they changed into their swim gear. Leah walked out to the swimming pool laying her towel down on one of the sunbeds, "I think I may lay here for a bit."

Zac shook his head, chuckled before he picked her up bridal style and jumped in the water with her, earning a surprised chuckle. "You wanted to swim!" He said then splashed her. 

She pushed him gently, and splashed him back. "Now it's on boy!" 

Attempting to chase one another through the medium deepish part of the pool was interesting, but they calmed down and just floated in each others arms. "You know, I think this is the most time we've had alone, like ever." spoke Zac holding her.

"I know, it's amazing. I miss the kids though," admitted Leah. 

"Shh, they might hear us and turn up," he whispered, and tickled her which had her squealing with laughter, as other guests looked over at the happy couple. 

"They'd love it here," spoke Leah.

"But it's just us!" teased Zac.

---------

VJ, Hunter, Olivia and Skye were all heading out to the movies in the city, to pass time while Oscar and Evie went off to bowling with Matt and Maddy. They were at the diner just grabbing some coffees, they saw Holly sitting alone and Olivia thought to invite her along, "We really shouldn't, she was into Zac." spoke VJ.

"But she said she's over him now, right? We should give her a chance," spoke Skye. "People are messed up, but they can change." 

"Fine," grumbled VJ. 

"We can just ditch her if she harps on about dad," spoke Hunter.

"Hey Holly, I'm Olivia we share Mr MacGuire's English class, a few of my mates and I are heading out to the movies, we were wondering if you would like to come out with us?" asked Olivia. 

Holly looked to her mother, "It could be cool to make friends, instead of hiding in my shell." 

Mandy nodded getting out a fifty dollar note, "I would like some change, but don't worry if not. What time will she back?" 

"We always go to the city for the whole day and catch the eight o'clock bus back from the city," smiled Olivia. "We go shopping too!"

Mandy nodded and gave her daughter some more extra money, "Thank you for inviting her." 

"Most welcome."  grinned Olivia.

--------

Have they let more trouble into their group? Was Holly sincere? xD Just kidding. 

Next more resort time and the return home for the bail hearing! 

Sorry for the delay in updating, my weekend was hectic and I just had a really rough Sunday night so was not feeling the update on Monday. The start of the chapter may have been rough. 

:wub: Thank you for the support though! :) 

Thanks again for all support! 

Chapter Twenty - Time to Go Back Home. 

The resort had been going very well for the happy couple, they had a few more hours before having to return home. Zac checked in with the kids lastnight, VJ said they were all doing fine and Olivia had been keeping them company, refraining from mentioning that Holly had become apart of their group in the last two days that Leah and Zac were away. It was Monday after school, Olivia looked at VJ. "When do they get back?"

"Like sometime late tonight, they still have a few more hours of time there before they have to book out," spoke VJ. "Mum was in stitches in the background, they're good again." 

Holly felt awkward at this, feeling she was imposing on their home but VJ had made her feel welcome, Olivia grinned. "We should cook them dinner for when they're home then, Holly want to help?" 

VJ shook his head, "They'll be back around eight, they're stopping at a eatery on the way back. Zac said he's driving back this time." 

Holly had stood up intending to help, "Maybe clean a little for them?" 

VJ sighed, "Let's just watch a movie till they get back, you're welcome to stay." 

Holly nodded and sat on the couch and smiled, feeling like she finally has some friends. Feeling sure about herself now, but she wondered how Zac would react to her being in their home when he got back.

-----------

"Wish we could stay here forever," sighed Zac laying on the bed with Leah, they'd been doing a lot of couple things lately. Reconnecting in every way possible, and Leah was happy. 

"Me too, but I miss the kids, and we have Peter's bail hearing after work tomorrow," admitted Leah, "I want to make sure he's denied."

Zac sighed, "I had forgotten about that, and we made a deal while we're here, we're not talking about him. Class will be interesting tomorrow, with Holly and the gossip about the kidnapping everyone has learned about now." 

"Holly should be fine, she obviously felt pressured by him so she shouldn't hit on you, if she was sincere enough, I trust you." smiled Leah kissing his cheek. 

"Suppose we better start packing up our things, but I'm quite comfy here," Sighed Zac.

"We have an hour before we have to check out," spoke Leah. Zac rolled over and looked over her a smirk in his look.

"Enough time then," he laughed as she pulled him to her.

---------

Hunter had grabbed the popcorn and fizz as Evie and Oscar came in from uni, with Matt and Maddy. 

"Hey guys!" boomed Matt. 

"Hey," mumbled the group. Maddy noticed Holly.

"Holly?!" beamed Maddy.

"Maddy? Hey!" smiled Holly.

"What... What are you doing here? Still go to Summer Bay High?" asked Maddy.

"Well I just returned, and my treatment I had for my issues with my father took longer than expected so I had to repeat year 12 again for the third time," admitted Holly.  

"Oh well least you're getting another chance at it, you'll get your HSC's this year." smiled Maddy. 

"Thanks, how are you?" asked Holly. 

"I'm great, living with this goofball," laughed Maddy and she nudged Matt.

"Hey that offended me!" pouted Matt. 

VJ sighed, "We're watching a movie before Mum and Zac get back, want to join?" 

Hunter sat with Olivia on the chair, and the others gathered around, VJ and Holly on the couch, Oscar joining them and Evie sitting on the arm chair while Matt and Maddy camped on the floor in front of the couch. Alf came in and shook his head at the family watching a movie. 

"Just letting you know guys, Zac and Leah have checked out of the resort, it should take them nearly two hours to return home, they won't be here for dinner. Zac couldn't get a hold of VJ or you Hunter." smiled Alf before going upstairs. 

"Three missed calls from Zac," laughed Hunter, "Oops." 

-------------

Leah grinned in the passenger seat, "Fantastic weekend away, I love you." 

"I love you too," as he drove. "What should we get for dinner? There's an Indian restaurant not far away." 

"That sounds perfect," smiled Leah looking at him, "I'll just check my account."

"No," he shook his head, "I'm paying." 

Leah looked at him and shook her head, "But this was my weekend for you."

"And you've done enough already, this is me being your husband, buying my amazing wife dinner." encouraged Zac.

"Okay then!" she laughed.

--------------

Peter desperately wanted bail, he hid in his cell a lot of the times. He was threatened in the lunch line earlier, for being a crooked cop. A lot of prisoners didn't like him already and he wanted to see his family, Amanda declined his visit order with strict instruction to tell him that they were done. 

"Amanda denied your visit request to tell you that you both are done, you don't treat family like dirt," spoke the guard shaking his head walking away. 

"They deserve it," he snapped. He got up, "Am I allowed my phone call?" 

"No!" snapped the guard. "You are needed in the kitchen! It's your turn to do dishes! Now go!"

Peter shook his head, and stormed off towards the kitchen to do what he was told to do, and he didn't like being bossed about.

----------

Alf had rounded up the kids, including Holly for dinner. "Are you sure I am allowed here?"

"You're friends with the kids, of course you are. Don't be silly." Alf goaded. 

"I think she means when Dad gets back," spoke Hunter. "If you are respectful, he won't mind you here." 

"They aren't too far away," spoke VJ. "Mum just texted me, they're just finishing up their dinner before they'll be back. Once we're done with dinner, we'll watch another movie. Hey?"

Holly nodded, "Sounds good, then after that I'll go home." 

VJ nodded, "Sweet." 

--------------

Leah and Zac were finishing up their meal at the small Indian restaurant Zac chose, "That was good," admitted Zac.

"I agree, love Butter Chicken!" gushed Leah holding his hand on the table, "Thank you."

"No, thank you for this. The weekend away, I absolutely loved it. I think we're better for it now too, we never really got time either to settle after I got out of prison, with everything that has gone on since I think it's worth it that we did this. So thank you for going out of your way to do so," spoke Zac, squeezing her hand.

"I was just worried that so much could build on top of our relationship that cracks would start to show," spoke Leah.

"Never, I will not allow our marriage to fail." admitted Zac. "I couldn't bare it if I lost you."

Leah smiled, "I couldn't either, if I lost you." 

They got up, once they paid the bill and headed out to the car for the final 45 minute stretch to get back home.

------------

VJ and the rest of the group were watching 'Divergent' and sipping on their drinks, while Holly was intently watching the TV. The movie wasn't thrilling the rest of them so they were restless, "I wonder if they'll look even happier." wondered Maddy. "I mean, they've been through so much already. And they've not been married a year." 

"Not even six months," spoke VJ. "It's been like 5 and a half months now." 

"And about three weeks of that, he wasn't here because of lies," spoke Hunter.

"And before they got married, Mum with her aneurysm, the break ups, it's just... amazing. That's why they're soulmates," spoke VJ. "They beat everything that tried to destroy them." 

"I never really heard Leah laugh like she does with Zac," admitted Oscar. "And I knew her before they got together." 

"She was rarely happy, she had a bad run with guys. Zac's the good guy, the best." spoke VJ. 

"Then they'll remain," spoke Hunter. "If they get through Peter and everything they'll get through everything." 

They heard giggling from the outside, "I think they're back." grinned Hunter. Hearing Leah in fits of laughter.

"Sshhh! You'll wake them up!" they heard Zac tease. 

Hunter chuckled, "Oh lord, they think we're asleep."

"It's only seven! Asleep already?" laughed Leah as she opened the door.

"Hey guys! Whoa everyone's here." Grinned Leah. Not noticing Holly as yet. Zac carried the bags in, trying to stop laughing. 

"Hey guys, Matt, Maddy!" he grinned.

He then noticed Holly and his laughter stopped, "What are you doing here?" 

"She's our friend, Dad," spoke Hunter. "She's been awesome, we're keeping an eye on her. She's been over watching a movie with us all." 

Zac nodded slowly, "Okay." 

"I can go," spoke Holly. 

"No, you're their friend, you're welcome around them." he spoke. "I'll just deal with these bags." 

-----------

Once everything settled they all sat around the dining room table, Holly waiting for her mother to come pick her up sat there near the door. "Who relieved your class?" 

"Mr Snelgrove," groaned VJ. "Such annoying guy."

"How was your holiday, did you guys have fun?" asked Oscar.

Leah gave him a stern look, "Yes, we did thank you Oscar." 

"Are you guys better now?" asked Hunter. 

"We were always okay, but we're much better now," smiled Zac, taking her hand in hers. "We will get through his bail hearing tomorrow and hope for the best." 

"Amanda's left town, she left him." spoke Hunter, "Thought you should know. Ryan came and told Mr Snelgrove in English that he was leaving because of what happened. He was booed out of the school, like it wasn't his fault his father figure's a total psycho." Hunter eyed VJ for a second, and it didn't go unnoticed by Zac. 

"VJ!" snapped Zac. "Tell me you didn't start the booing?" 

VJ remained quiet, and Leah shook her head. "VJ, it's not his fault. Peter is fault." 

"Can we come tomorrow?" asked Evie. 

"No, just Leah and I. I don't need a parade for it." spoke Zac.

Holly stood up, "It's my time to go, mum's here. Night all."

"Goodnight Holly," spoke Zac and Leah. The kids all said night, and Olivia went with her as she was grabbing a lift. 

The kids then dispersed after a small chat about school and other things leaving Leah and Zac sitting there hand in hand, "I suppose we should get to bed. Work and bail hearing tomorrow." 

Leah nodded and followed him up, her hands in his to their bedroom...

----------

Next:

Whats up with Leah is everything okay? What's the surprise coming for both of them? Peter's bail hearing is where the chapter will start. 

Thank you for support, promise the next chapters will be better. Leading up to the final chapter! :wub:

Archived